So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

+23
Collblanc
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rossoneri Ninja
S
ExtremistEnigma
Lupi
Arquitecto
BORUSSIA!!
Busby Babe
Milantildeath
Onyx
urbaNRoots
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zarola
Nishankly
RealGunner
M99
Ganso
rwo power
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So what players do you rate as "world class players"? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:22 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Just curious, but how highly do you guys rate Hamsik?

Very close.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

So what players do you rate as "world class players"? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:@urbaNRoots
Weidenfeller is quite good but I'm not sure I'm ready to put him in that top echelon of GKs. And I still think Lloris is overrated. I don't watch Adler so I don't know.

Koscielny, Luiz, Kompany & Agger are really good but not WC imo. Especially Kompany, he's good but my God is he overrated(and overhyped by the media). Vidic is like Xavi to me these days. Not quite as dominant but oh well...

Carrick? Really? World class? Laughing

Weidenfeller has been the best GK in the league for two seasons now... I don't have any doubts about putting him in my list, if Neuer makes the list so does Weidenfeller imo.

You have a thing there for the CB's, but I also considered one thing when I listed them... the Premier League is incredibly open, no midfield cover (look at my DM list Laughing) and the CB's I listed still deal very well with that.

As for Carrick, I knew this was going to be the most controversial one... I still stand by it. He's consistent in everything he does, his passing, defending all at his peak. And he's partenered with Cleverly/Anderson... cut him some slack Wink
Fair enough about Weidenfeller.

I just think there's no real world class CB in the premier league as of now.

I get that he has been performing well but his stats are inflated by United's shoite midfield. Again, he's good but not WC.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:06 pm

There is Barzagli and not Chiellini???? What? Barzagli is only effective in a 3 back.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:39 pm

If by only effective in a 3 back you mean 'he's now better in a back 3 because he's been playing in one for 2 years' then yeah

Pretty sure his BuLi league winning team didn't play a back 3 unless I am very mistaken.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Pretty much every player that shows WC ability is WC imo.
Not necessarily.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm

What do you mean exactly by this?

I think I might agree with you, I'm not sure though
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:

Quaresma is WC
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm not going to pretend I watch enough of every top league to rate players so I'm just going to put my list from the Bundesliga and Premier League, two leagues I constantly watch and I'll try to be as unbiased as possible.

GK: Weidenfeller, Neuer, Lloris, Cech and Adler
CB: Dante, Hummels, Koscielny, Luiz, Kompany, Agger and Vidic
RB: Lahm and Piszczek
LB: Alaba and Gibbs
DM: Martinez and Sven Bender
CM/box-to-box: Gündogan, Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Yaya Toure
AM: G*tze, Silva, Cazorla, Kagawa, Mata and Kroos
LW: Ribery and Bale
RW: Müller
CF/ST: Lewandowski, van P*rsie, Aguero, Rooney and Bitey

No I didn't forget anyone and no I didn't add anyone by accident either Wink

Reus?

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:29 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:If by only effective in a 3 back you mean 'he's now better in a back 3 because he's been playing in one for 2 years' then yeah

Pretty sure his BuLi league winning team didn't play a back 3 unless I am very mistaken.

Yep. 2 CBs at the back with a rotation of Zaccardo & Kjaer.

Won the Bundesliga alongside Dzeko as their best player, commanded their defence, Was the league's best CB that year.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:32 am

ronaldo__9 wrote:

I don't think just a few players should be WC. Any player who shows WC ability is WC. I'd say the majority of starters at every top club is WC.

It shouldn't just be Casillas, Buffon and Neuer who are WC. Hart, Valdes, Lloris etc are too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 am

^Showing flashes of brilliance once in a while doesn't mean you're world class. Consistency plays a huge role. You have to be consistently brilliant(with the probability of an odd off game here and there) and be the kind of player your team can count on when they need you in crucial moments.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 am

Blue Barrett wrote:^Showing flashes of brilliance once in a while doesn't mean you're world class. Consistency plays a huge role. You have to be consistently brilliant(with the probability of an odd off game here and there) and be the kind of player your team can count on when they need you in crucial moments.
That's why you need to add Nadine Angerer. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:19 am

Yohan Modric wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:

I don't think just a few players should be WC. Any player who shows WC ability is WC. I'd say the majority of starters at every top club is WC.

It shouldn't just be Casillas, Buffon and Neuer who are WC. Hart, Valdes, Lloris etc are too.

I agree that not a few should be defined as world class. Like when people say top 5 in their position, as in some positions, like AM, there is clearly a lot of quality players, so it shouldn't be restricted to a number. Although, I also think not the majority of starters at a top club should be called WC, because WC should mean the very best, the ones that fit into Blue Barrett's description. If most are Word Class it wouldn't really be special then.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 am

rwo power wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:^Showing flashes of brilliance once in a while doesn't mean you're world class. Consistency plays a huge role. You have to be consistently brilliant(with the probability of an odd off game here and there) and be the kind of player your team can count on when they need you in crucial moments.
Had to google the name Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Had to google the name Laughing
Shame on you! She's by far the best goalkeeper in Europe and IMO in the whole world - and that for quite a while now. Got no goals against during the whole World Cup 2007 and in this Euro 2013 she only conceded one goal as well in the whole tournament, saving two penalties in open game in the Final after a WotM performance in the Semi already :bow:

She won about everything you can win for the National team and club (among this 2 World Cups and now 5 European Championships; the only exception - she only got three Olympic Bronze Medals, but somehow I think she will make another attempt for Gold in 2016. ^^).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 am

any player that is reliable and put on a decent level of performance when ever the team needs :coffee: a player that usually brings world class performances is a world class player
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:06 am

Cech, Hart, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Yaya Toure, Robben, Ribery, Ronaldo, Messi, Falcao, van Persie, Rooney, Aguero, Suarez
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am

GK's : Casillas,Buffon,Cech,Cesar,Lloris and Neuer.

CB's : T.Silva,Chiellini,Barzagli,Vidic,Hummels and Subotic.

FB's : D.Alves,Marcelo,Coentrao,Lichtsteiner,Lahm and Alaba.

CM's : Xavi,Iniesta,Busquets,Pirlo,Alonso,Vidal,Schweinsteiger,Javi Martinez,Yaya Toure,De Rossi and Fabregas.

AM's : Oezil,Silva,Mata,Goetze and Kroos.

WINGS : Ribery,Di Maria,Bale,Robben,Mueller and Reus.

FWD'S : Ibra,Cavani,Falcao,Ronaldo,Messi,Gomez,Lewandowski,Suarez,Van Persie,Aguero and Rooney.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 am

GK: Casillas, Buffon, Handanovic, Neuer, Cech

CB: Thiago Silva , Vidic , Barzagli , Chiellini

RB: Lahm , Dani Alves

LB: -none-

DM: Busquets , De Rossi

CM: Xavi , Schweinsteiger , Iniesta, Pirlo, Alonso

AM: Mata , Fabregas , Ozil

WF: Ronaldo , Robben , Ribery

SS: Rooney , Aguero , Suarez

CF: Ibrahimovic, Cavani , Messi , Falcao , Van Persie
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:GK: Casillas, Buffon, Handanovic, Neuer, Cech

CB: Thiago Silva , Vidic , Barzagli , Chiellini

RB: Lahm , Dani Alves

LB: -none-

DM: Busquets , De Rossi

CM: Xavi , Schweinsteiger , Iniesta, Pirlo, Alonso

AM: Mata , Fabregas , Ozil

WF: Ronaldo , Robben , Ribery

SS: Rooney , Aguero , Suarez

CF: Ibrahimovic, Cavani , Messi , Falcao , Van Persie

Literally Perfect.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 am

I don't understand how are Alonso, Busquets and Fabregas WC.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:01 am

Alonso has been the pinnacle of the distributing midfielder for 5+ years, maintaining incredible consistency in performance for club and country.

Busquets, the most technically gifted anchor in the world, perhaps the most tactically astute Dm in the world also, and like Alonso has a high lvl of consistent performances for several years now for club and country.

Fabregas, most devastating midfielder in terms of efficacy whether it be assisting or scoring. He has done so consistently for many years.

Overwhelming talent + consistency ( years) + high level of play = WC

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't think there's certain rules/facts that should be followed in order to determine whether a player is WC or not. It's subjective.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Where is Varane? Most of you here called him WC.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:36 pm

World class is irrelevant. If you do your duty you are fine, Couldn't care less of some arbitrary labeling system by internet tacticians.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Alonso has been the pinnacle of the distributing midfielder for 5+ years, maintaining incredible consistency in performance for club and country.

Busquets, the most technically gifted anchor in the world, perhaps the most tactically astute Dm in the world also, and like Alonso has a high lvl of consistent performances for several years now for club and country.

Fabregas, most devastating midfielder in terms of efficacy whether it be assisting or scoring. He has done so consistently for many years.  

Overwhelming talent + consistency ( years) + high level of play = WC

Cesc has been everything but WC in the last 2 years. Alonso was good until the last season, I've never considered Busquets world-class but that's my pure opinion.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next