Knocking down myths about Arsenal

4 posters

Go down

Knocking down myths about Arsenal Empty Knocking down myths about Arsenal

Post by BenHarrison Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey all,

As a neutral, I'm becoming bored with hearing people attack Arsenal for being in decline, for being weak mentally, or for having a manager too stubborn to change.

Lots of people are citing these as reasons that Suarez would not want to sign for the club.

I don't think any of this is true, and I've set out a point by point rebuttal of these myths in the article below:

http://hitrowz.com/2013/06/05/arsenal-ready-to-challenge/

The season ahead is one of great opportunity for a club like Arsenal. With SAF departed, managerial changes taking place at Chelsea and Manchester City, and Suarez and Bale on the move, Arsene Wenger has a real opportunity to mount a serious title challenge - providing he can successfully recruit one or two additional quality players.

What does everyone think?

BenHarrison
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Knocking down myths about Arsenal Empty Re: Knocking down myths about Arsenal

Post by Sri Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm

It was a good read, albeit with a shade more of optimism than I would want to acknowledge, now that we are halfway through the transfer window and yet to have any significant activity to show for it - except a bunch of well publicized and rejected bids and targets falling through our grasp.

Anyway, I hope you didn't join just to publicize your article/blog and stick around to contribute meaningfully to the GL forum/section(s) as well. Cheers!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BenHarrison Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Ha, yeah I know I'm usually less optimistic about Newcastle who I support.

Re. timing of transfers - Higuain pursuit was obviously a shame, but I do think you'll get Suarez now. I don't see how he can stay, and by the looks of it, Madrid are prioritising Bale.

How do you feel about Suarez? I can't say I'm a huge fan of him as a man, but his quality is unreal.

And yep, definitely here for general footy craic and debate. Looking forward to the season starting!

BenHarrison
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm

BenHarrison wrote:Ha, yeah I know I'm usually less optimistic about Newcastle who I support.

Re. timing of transfers - Higuain pursuit was obviously a shame, but I do think you'll get Suarez now. I don't see how he can stay, and by the looks of it, Madrid are prioritising Bale.

How do you feel about Suarez? I can't say I'm a huge fan of him as a man, but his quality is unreal.

And yep, definitely here for general footy craic and debate. Looking forward to the season starting!

Welcome aboard and glad to have you here!

The season can't start soon enough Rolling Eyes

There is a thread on Suarez : http://www.goallegacy.net/t31878p36-definitive-luis-suarez-poll if you're interested. I guess majority would forgive him for his flaws when he scores hatful of goals, which he will. But whether he will mature as a player and AW can tame the wild side of him, is a question nobody can conclusively answer.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome Ben.

It was a good read. I agree with most of it, but we are in the minorities. The negative image of Arsenal with the points you have discussed is what the media portray and what the other fans buy(including some arsenal fans)

I won't be hopeful of our season till we buy some players, but what we are now, is exactly what Arsene envisioned after we moved to the Emirates. His genius won't be understood by a common football fan. We are more than ready to compete for the titles now. Just need a push.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BenHarrison Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:Welcome Ben.

It was a good read. I agree with most of it, but we are in the minorities. The negative image of Arsenal with the points you have discussed is what the media portray and what the other fans buy(including some arsenal fans)

I won't be hopeful of our season till we buy some players, but what we are now, is exactly what Arsene envisioned after we moved to the Emirates. His genius won't be understood by a common football fan. We are more than ready to compete for the titles now. Just need a push.

Cheers man.

I suppose it is easier for me not being an Arsenal fan to take a broader perspective - I don't have to live it day in day out, nor as a Newcastle fan, do I know what it's like to experience multiple league winning seasons, and then a trophy drought (although the latter bit I can empathize with!)

BenHarrison
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Wow, Mole finally has a friend... Proud

Anyways, welcome mate. Hope you stay forever. And it was a good read.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down