La Liga matches subject to corruption investigation

2 posters

Go down

La Liga matches subject to corruption investigation Empty La Liga matches subject to corruption investigation

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Three games in Spain's top flight and six further fixtures from the Segunda Division are currently under suspicion for various irregularities, according to the LFP president
Several matches played in Spain are currently under investigation for alleged match-fixing, according to the president of Liga de Futbol Profesional, Javier Tebas.

Three of the matches were played in La Liga, with one of the matches between Levante and Deportivo.

Six games in the Segunda Division are also being monitored, including Girona v Xerez and Hercules v Racing.

"I'm not going to say the rest of the games because I think it could prejudice the investigation, but the suspicions arose for various reasons, from unusual betting patterns to events before and after the matches," Tebas told reporters.

"All the suspicious games are being investigated and have been communicated to the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor. How the investigation is progressing I could not tell you, because I don't know and if I did know I wouldn't tell you."

Earlier this year Tebas admitted he had concerns over match-fixing in La Liga.

Meanwhile, the president of the Superior Council of Sports, Miguel Cardenal, made clear that football must remain clean.

"We cannot tolerate actions contrary to the sporting integrity," he said.

"We must have a clean sport and football without conduct contrary to good order and most genuine values."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2013/08/05/4167603/la-liga-matches-subject-to-corruption-investigation?ICID=HP_BN_3

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

La Liga matches subject to corruption investigation Empty Re: La Liga matches subject to corruption investigation

Post by Doc Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:44 pm

They finally investigating the Deportivo Levante game...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down