Eman
beatrixasdfghjk.
aleumdance
Raptorgunner
Jay29
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Flamini back and lucky the ref didn't send him off. Brings lots of tenacity but that tackle was a rash moment.

Ramey was MOTM, I mean yeah he makes a few blunders on the ball but wow, he made tottenhams "big strong" midfielders look like little mice today Laughing 

first 40 minutes I had particular attention on how ramsey and wilshere work together, for the third start in a row it was fine, wilsheres definitely worked on his defensive positioning and is regaining that sharpness on the ball. I said before the season started they have a lot potential as a double pivot and each game since villa has made me more sure. Im glad jacks not injured, that would have been very unfortunate timing.

Good performance defensively bar a couple of disasterous clearences (I look at you giroud) that nearly added to our "individual error" goal tally, and a bad start by gibbs and jenkinson, but they got better as the game went on.

I am more impressed by giroud this season, not his goals, but his hold up play has actually improved. I still think he is a bit meh though, and we need someone at least to provide him competition (sanogo is clearly miles from being ready atm). If Giroud gets an injury forget false 9, we will be playing the invisible 9

3 points against the arrogant spuds, NOW SIGN SOME PLAYERS!!!!!!!!

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team

Post by Chumlum Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Exciting game. Solid performance. Giroud and Ramsey have looked so good at the start of this season.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm

-Today was a team performance but defense and Ramsey had a top game.

-We were not clinical considering chances we had.

- Giroud is improving but we still badly need a striker.

- Our squad is so thin atm, cannot survive beyond Sept.

- Wenger is doing a great job with new midfield. They operating everywhere. Opposition are struggling to keep up with players.

- If we have a top class player instead of Rosicky, life at Arsenal would be much better.

- Walcott has grown up

- Jenkinson's distribution is meh, he still has alot of work to do to become a genuine RB.

- Koscielny aka Bosscielny

- Oh some weird kicks by Szczesny. Its his last chance to improve. He has tools to save that nr 1 spot, just mentally weak sometimes.

- Totts will not improve anytime soon. Bale saved their asses countless times. New QPR is in town.

- greaaattt winnnnnnnn!!!!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Szczesny "Regards from North London" LEGEND! #Arsenal https://t.co/lD702gcAvF
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:45 pm

aleumdance wrote:Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team - Page 2 XbFbUlk
DAT TACKLE Afro
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Since our NLD defeat on 3 March, our sequence of results: WWWWWDWDWWWLWWWW #negativespiral
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team - Page 2 1255153_422575507848618_882548404_n

Daniel Levy's reaction when Giroud scored.. Priceless.. Twisted Evil 
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Sina wrote:Since our NLD defeat on 3 March, our sequence of results: WWWWWDWDWWWLWWWW #negativespiral
Antony Taylor Arsenal 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur: Defending as a team - Page 2 2276801876

Btw, great to see you post again Naj!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:03 pm

despite people thinking wenger not signing players will cause arsenals downfall, i think arsenal will do ok this year. they will probably finish 4rth.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 am

Koscielny’s near perfect game

7/7 - Clearances
3/3 - Headed clearances
3/3 - Tackles
20/21 - Passes
1/2 - Aerial duels
4 - Interceptions²
2 - Ball recoveries
2 - Fouls committed
4 - Total number of things that Koscielny did “wrong” over 95 minutes of football in the North London Derby

via arseblog
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 am

Very good collective performance by all the lads. Not really going to go into individual performance too much. However, after seein the way Flamini performed for his second debut, I have to hand it to him - never looked like he ever left us.

Early doors yet, but if he performs like that right through to May, then I'll have to give Wenger credit for that coup.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:41 am

I managed to rewatch the whole game last night, so I've got some extra stuff. Things I'll be looking at: Arsenal's fluid midfield, midfield cover and Koscielny's man marking.

Arsenal's Goal:

Now, here are some interesting things I spotted about our midfield set-up:

Arsenal's Midfield:

Finally, let's look at some defending.

Arsenal's Defending:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:23 am

KennethCole wrote:- If we have a top class player instead of Rosicky, life at Arsenal would be much better.
Rosicky is easily one of our best players.

EDIT: apparently Arsene saw your comment and signed Ozil though. Well done :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 am

Great analysis Jay

how do you see future of Ramshere pivot
i wish they become better all round mids and do it in turns as Arteta wont be around forever and now we have additional option for advanced role

&
that last pic is indeed beauty
its like hitting brick wall
and yet he dares to claim handball when there was no way through Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2