Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera)

+12
halamadrid2
cyberman
Helmer
Onyx
Uncanny
McAgger
B-Mac
Lex
Firenze
EL Patron
Blue Barrett
RED
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera) Empty Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera)

Post by RED Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

Has anyone ever heard of something so bizzare? Apparently the three men negotiating the deal for Herrera today, actually had nothing to do with United.

Daniel Taylor @DTguardian: #MUFC now confirm they were falsely represented by fake officials for Herrera.

What a shambles it's been.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera) Empty Re: Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera)

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 am

FFS Misturrrr Woodward rofl Is he really that bad, Woodward? That fans(they probably were) took it upon himself to negotiate the deal for him? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera) Empty Re: Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera)

Post by RED Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 am

So Yanited were never after Herrera hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 am

No, we were.

Nobody knows the full details, I've heard reports that they were crooks trying to cash in on the deal with an 'elaborate scam' to them being pranksters for a TV show.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 am

Blue Barrett wrote:fans(they probably were) took it upon himself to negotiate the deal for him? Laughing
and they still managed to get there before the real representatives did Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 am

Remember "George Weah" recommending Ali Dia to Graham Souness over the phone? This is so much more flash, though Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 am

we were interested in Herrera but we didn't agree with the buy out clause price, and were trying to negotiate the fee down like the idiot Woodward is. how is it that a forum full of football fans on GL know Bilbao won't negotiate, yet Woodward doesn't
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:59 am

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 42s
Told that imposter story (Man U, Herrera) is not true.

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 am

B-Mac wrote:Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 42s
Told that imposter story (Man U, Herrera) is not true.

Another Balague exclusive :facepalm:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 am

if you watch the video AS put up of the guys who were supposedly there for United, you can see that 2 of them appear to be from this company in the link below....which from what I take from there website are tax men probably there to help decide a deal

http://www.lafferabogados.com/es/firma-y-valores/socios
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera) BTME2wGIEAAYmca
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 pm

McAgger wrote:Imposters acting as United executives (negotiating for Herrera) BTME2wGIEAAYmca
Hahahahahahahaaha
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:44 am

Ander Herrera:

"I feel very flattered to see that one of the biggest clubs in the world made an offer for me," Herrera said. "At no moment did either I or my agent reach an agreement with United. At no moment did I speak with United.

I do not know if they spoke with my agent, but after that they would need to persuade me [to leave Athletic]. They had to pay the clause and, then, make a more persuasive case to me than Athletic. I never saw myself elsewhere."

The proposed transfer had taken a surreal turn on Monday afternoon with three unknown 'representatives' photographed entering the Liga de Futbol Profesional offices in Madrid, but then leaving an hour later without finalising any deal.
United sources told ESPN that red tape and technical issues were to blame, then reports subsequently emerged in the UK claiming that the three Spaniards were somehow 'imposters'.

Marca soon identified the three as bona fide experts from the Bilbao law firm Laffer Abagados which had helped Javi Martinez and Bayern Munich to successfully finalise his move to Germany 12 months ago in similar circumstances.
Herrera said he did not know who the three men were, while suggesting that United might be able to shed more light on the matter.

"The lawyers who were at the LFP offices did not represent me," he said. "I did not even know who they were. There are questions which United must answer. "
And the 2011 European Under-21 champion said he held no grudges with either Athletic or United over how the events had played out.

"I knew that United were going to make an offer, but we all know the way the club acts [in these situations]," he said. "I am proud they made an offer for me, and that Athletic wanted me [to stay]. I do not feel used by United, they made a formal offer. Athletic did not want to negotiate, I value that. I am relaxed as I have behaved well. And the club is loyal and honest with what it transmits."

United may now return with another offer for Herrera, 24, during the January window, but the player says for now he is just focused on performing for his current club at their new stadium.

"I am very happy at Athletic," he said. "I just have in my head to play a good season at [the new] San Mames. I am going to keep showing my commitment to Athletic, as I have done since the first day I arrived. San Mames is spectacular. The pitch needs to settle down but we are going to be envied on a world level."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:58 am

McY rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am

like he is gonna come out and say "I am disappointed I am still here, I wanted to leave"

hope we go back in January for him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:08 am

dont understand whats so embarassing. ive been away for a few days but from what ive read, we made a bid.. atletico said no..player offered to lower his wages but utd said no, the cost is too high.
these lawyers seem to be strangers trying to jump in and get it finished in time for a fee.. couldnt do it and fled. scum trying to backdoor their way in.
well probably work on it and along with baines, sign both in january since neither are cup tied.
pretend Internet Bullshit Artist like balague saying it was done when it wasnt then passing the buck ala the thiago deal, if anything this window has shown that these hipster spanish journos are no better than the rest of them
honestly, did i miss something?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 am

internet bullshit artist lol

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:12 am

cyberman wrote:dont understand whats so embarassing. ive been away for a few days but from what ive read, we made a bid.. atletico said no..player offered to lower his wages but utd said no, the cost is too high.
these lawyers seem to be strangers trying to jump in and get it finished in time for a fee.. couldnt do it and fled. scum trying to backdoor their way in.
well probably work on it and along with baines, sign both in january since neither are cup tied.
pretend Internet Bullshit Artist like balague saying it was done when it wasnt then passing the buck ala the thiago deal, if anything this window has shown that these hipster spanish journos are no better than the rest of them
honestly, did i miss something?
According to reports in Spain they didn't necessarily need to be called by United. LFP or Bilbao could have been the ones who called. this is the same firm that sorted out the Martinez to Bayern move

Firstly, Bilbao never NEGOTIATE for their players. They have an all basque policy and are a pretty well run club. so they set buy out clauses on their players. This has become normal in laliga because they dont want the big two clubs in Spain to pick their players whenever they like to

So you basically needed to do your research before wasting your time asking them to negotiate.

Secondly if you let them know you were going for their player with them accepting it you would only needed have paid 21% tax on top of it which is true for ANY buy out clause in Spain. However had you gone behind their back it would have been considered a hostile bid so you have needed to pay 50% income tax to the LFP. Even us arm chair fans know it how your club didn't is a mystery.

Thirdly when it comes to clubs other than Madrid and Barca (sometimes) they are pretty well informed and almost never get things wrong.

PS: I am not including ballsbag who is worse than a tabloid with his "exclusives"
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:17 am

but they did negotiate. just read that utd were prepared to match the clause but the tax breaks that you get in basque country made the deal a nightmare to structre.
i expect this to be done in january but its the others im reading thats making my head hurt.. id lay any money that we were never in for sneijder or khedira.. sneijder? seriously? the same sneijder that galataray were hawking around europe? and then they said no? get to france...

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:08 am

you dont negotiate if you agree to pay the buyout clause

negotiations are done by both clubs to come up with a fee both have agreed on. buyout clauses are fixed and do not change

the tax laws in the basque region is the same in all parts of spain. its either 21% or 50% depending how the buying club have handled it. the taxes are not to benefit of the club however so they end up accepting the former tax percentage and it goes to the League hence why it has to be paid in the LFP headquarter and not the club you are buying from

it could be done in Jan but are Bilbao going to accept United hauling one of their starters in the middle of the season. You risk diminishing your rep and might sabotage further buyes in Spain. Trust me Bayern will probably never come back to buy a player from Spain again after what they did

Khedira himself confirmed United made a bid for him but the club refused it (not him)

as for Sneijder their president said you made an indirect offer a month ago (don't know what he means by that)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am

halamadrid2 wrote:you dont negotiate if you agree to pay the buyout clause

negotiations are done by both clubs to come up with a fee both have agreed on. buyout clauses are fixed and do not change

the tax laws in the basque region is the same in all parts of spain. its either 21% or 50% depending how the buying club have handled it. the taxes are not to benefit of the club however so they end up accepting the former tax percentage and it goes to the League hence why it has to be paid in the LFP headquarter and not the club you are buying from

it could be done in Jan but are Bilbao going to accept United hauling one of their starters in the middle of the season. You risk diminishing your rep and might sabotage further buyes in Spain. Trust me Bayern will probably never come back to buy a player from Spain again after what they did

Khedira himself confirmed United made a bid for him but the club refused it (not him)

as for Sneijder their president said you made an indirect offer a month ago (don't know what he means by that)
just bought Thiago a year later via buyout clause :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:18 am

Brcelona are ok to deal with

but Bilbao are just complicated
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:26 am

Thiago was a weird freak case. A fck up by Rossell

the minimum buyout clauses for club regulars with bright futures are at least €30 millions at nearly all clubs. And if you want to buy them thats what you have to pay unless the club is desperate for cash in which case they will accept negotiations

Teams like Sociedad and Bilbao are very very well run so they point at the buyout clauses if you want one of their players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:33 am

this was hilarious Laughing 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next