Which top teams would Di Maria not start for?

+10
juventus101
S
Kick
Lex
Albiceleste
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which top teams would Di Maria not start for? Empty Which top teams would Di Maria not start for?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I can only think of Bayern as a sure bet. Perhaps Chelsea although I think he might based on his work-rate. For Barca it would be hard to pick between him and Alexis as well but I don't think either one has a clear advantage. Obviously his place is not assured at Madrid either.

Would easily start for City, United, Arsenal, PSG, Dortmund, Juve, and Milan.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Which top teams would Di Maria not start for? Empty Re: Which top teams would Di Maria not start for?

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus and maybe Manchester City.

Bayern because of Muller/Robben.

Barcelona because his decision making isn't the best and their wide players are goalscorers, whereas Di Maria is something different.

Chelsea, because Mata should start ahead of him.

Juventus, because he doesn't fit their system and Man City maybe he could take Navas/Nasri's spot. However Nasri/Jovetic can be just as good.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Which top teams would Di Maria not start for? Empty Re: Which top teams would Di Maria not start for?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah Di Maria would only start for us if we really wanted him and were willing to change system

Only place for him would be RWB and although he can attack extremely well, defence comes first when you're covering an entire flank yourself. And he wouldn't get the nod ahead of Lichtsteiner in our 3-5-2.

In a 4-3-3, yes.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:15 pm

If I was manager I'm not sure if di María would start at Arsenal, if I'm honest. Before Özil was signed? Absolutely. di María on the left, Cazorla centrally and Walcott on the right would make an awesome attack.

But with Özil already there I see no place in the first team for him. Walcott is our only OTHER real goal threat, Cazorla on the left as our best player last season and Özil of course.

I'd make a case for Juventus and Man City aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Di Maria is better than Robben, but not better than Muller. So he wouldn't start for Bayern. If Juve play 4-3-3 he would. He would be a starter for Chelsea, after all he's one of Mou's favorites and a way better player than Schurrle. He would start for Barca as well, as he is better than Alexis and Pedro. Not sure about Dortmund and Arsenal. He would start for United, City and PSG.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:15 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus and maybe Manchester City.

Bayern because of Muller/Robben.

Barcelona because his decision making isn't the best and their wide players are goalscorers, whereas Di Maria is something different.

Chelsea, because Mata should start ahead of him.

Juventus, because he doesn't fit their system and Man City maybe he could take Navas/Nasri's spot. However Nasri/Jovetic can be just as good.
dont agree that robben or even muller would bench him, and he could play alongside Mata.

He could play for Barca I think, definitely better than any forward there not named Messi or nerman. the supposed goalscorers havent been doing a great job of scoring goals anyway

I agree he doesn't fit Juves system, there is no room for an AM in there.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:16 am

urbaNRoots wrote:If I was manager I'm not sure if di María would start at Arsenal
I believe the title said top teams hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:24 am

And Arsenal are top of the league hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:25 am

And LOOOOOOOL at the idea that Di Maria is better than Robben Laughing Robben may be predictable as hell, but he's also a match winner and can turn a game on its head in an instant
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:26 am

He wouldn't start for Chelsea.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:30 am

Kick wrote:He wouldn't start for Chelsea.
who's gonna start over him? Shirley? Laughing

Lex wrote:And Arsenal are top of the league hmm
for now :coffee:

Lex wrote:And LOOOOOOOL at the idea that Di Maria is better than Robben :lol:Robben may be predictable as hell, but he's also a match winner and can turn a game on its head in an instant
As is Di Maria, may I refer you to 2011 copa del rey, repeated the act against united too etc.

Robben also didnt do anything last season before the CL semi Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:33 am

Mata Which top teams would Di Maria not start for? Le_210
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:06 am

I dont think we would move away from a 3 man backline anytime soon but heck i would play him in a 3-4-3 for sure.Small adjustments can be made to accommodate Di Maria into the starting X1.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:11 am

Tbh if Conte ever wants to shift to 4-3-3

Di maria has my blessing ffs. Conte would like him tbh. Imagine him and Licht locking down a flank, then the overlapping and more attacking influence with Di Maria

Very nice.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:20 am

I just find it unlikely that we'll shift back to 4-3-3.

We have 4 quality CB's and one other who can play CB as well as fullback.Plus the fact that Bonucci is very important to our game.I would say he's far better in that Sweeper role than in a 4 man backline.

If we ever had to accommodate a winger in this case Di Maria,i would say 3-4-3 would be ideal.

Put it this way,i believe its much more easier to shift to a 2 man midfield(without Pirlo) than move away from the 3 man backline considering how we play.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:09 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah Di Maria would only start for us if we really wanted him and were willing to change system

Only place for him would be RWB and although he can attack extremely well, defence comes first when you're covering an entire flank yourself. And he wouldn't get the nod ahead of Lichtsteiner in our 3-5-2.

In a 4-3-3, yes.
He can easily play as a LWB and start over Asamoah/Peluso
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:56 am

Even in a 4-3-3 Tevez isn't really a winger.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Juve because we wouldnt change formations for him so unless he can play as a LWB hes not starting.

Dortmund and Barcelona because in my opinion he wouldnt do well in that quick passing style of play, he needs to have the ball at his feet for too long. Or at least wouldnt fit that style of play as well the players they already have.

At Bayern he would be competing for the 5th choice with Muller/Kroos, behind Ribery, Robben, and Gotze. Personally I thinj he would end up as 6th choice. Bayern is just too stacked.

Arsenal unless he could displace Cazorla. Personally I rate abn on form Podolski when played centrally on the same level as Di Maria (actually even higher), and Arsenal need one of their wingers to be a good goalscorer. They have enough creativity already with Wilshere, Ozil, and Cazorla. Podolski is not as good as a winger, but his goalscoring prowess (and Walcotts) is too important.

Right now I also think hed have a hard time starting at Napoli. Hamsik, Insigne, and Callejon have been working wonders. Ive always rated Callejon on the same level as Di Maria and I think hes showing that now, Hamsik is practically undroppable for Napoli, and Insigne is having a breakout year. Plus they fit so well together with Napolis style.

Real Madrid obviously.

Man City he might have a rough time but I havent followed them at all this season so I dont know how Silva, Navas, and Jovetic are doing. PSG too, I havent followed them but theres no way I would play Di Maria over Lavezzi, Ibra, or Cavani.

I do think he would start for United (because both Kagawa and Nani are frozen out from what I know), Chelsea, Liverpool, Inter, Milan, Schalke (Boateng could then be played as a CM where ive always thought he would be better), Spurs, Atletico, Leverkusen, and pretty much all other teams though.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Bayern is the only one I can think of to be honest.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

only bayern

chelsea and juv fans are entertaining.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 pm

juventus101 wrote:Right now I also think hed have a hard time starting at Napoli. Hamsik, Insigne, and Callejon have been working wonders. Ive always rated Callejon on the same level as Di Maria and I think hes showing that now, Hamsik is practically undroppable for Napoli, and Insigne is having a breakout year. Plus they fit so well together with Napolis style.
Can you elaborate in in how you think Callejon is as good as Di Maria please?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I think he would start at Dortmund as RW tbh.

Di Maria-Mkhitaryan-Reus
Lewandowski

Both Kuba and and Aubameyang are great players but Di Maria is ahead of them both
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Milan - no wingers in the formation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Forza wrote:Milan - no wingers in the formation.
Montolivo-NDJ-Poli
Di Maria-Balo-SES

4-3-3
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Di Maria would walk into Milan's lineup purely due to the lack of definite quality in the team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next