Khaled
M99
guest7
Nishankly
Catracho
82 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Official 2014 Road to Brazil World Cup Qualifying Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official 2014 Road to Brazil World Cup Qualifying Thread

Post by McAgger Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 0:10

There is a pretty good chance that Portugal and France can play each other in the play off round of the competition.

Atm the second placed table looks like so. Using current FIFA ranking since that is how FIFA will determine who is seeded and unseeded.

Bolded teams already guaranteed second place finishes in their respective groups. And teams with a '*' next to it can still go through automatically.

Seeded:
Croatia (10th)
Portugal* (11th)
Greece* (12th)
Sweden (22nd)

Unseeded:
France* (25th)
Ukraine* (26th)
Turkey (49th)
Iceland (54th)

France will have a pretty tough qualifier if they don't move up much in the next months FIFA rankings. It would be very funny if Portugal and France had to face each other Laughing

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official 2014 Road to Brazil World Cup Qualifying Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official 2014 Road to Brazil World Cup Qualifying Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 0:14

Portugal are crap nowadays, France would have a field day against them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 0:43

Didn't Portugal have a lot of injuries and suspensions for this game?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 4:17

Portugal drew 1-1 with Israel.

This is how they conceded a goal against Israel in the 85th minute.

Spoiler:

Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 13:55

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Watching the current England team play makes me realize how far back they have fallen from 1998-2002. THey had a pretty damn good team back then.

Anyone old enough remember how the England teams back then were perceived?
The "golden generation" who will take England to glory.

Where overrated to high hell in England but they were actually a decent team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 13:57

2002 England was unlucky to meet Brazil in the quarters. They would have beaten any other team. Germany depended on Kahn and Korea depended on Moreno. Could have gone into the semis but luck of the draw.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:02

England had the talent then but no one had any clue how to use them in an effective balanced outfit.

Its kind of the opposite now i feel.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:05

The Official 2014 Road to Brazil World Cup Qualifying Thread - Page 25 814554283
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:12

Yeezus wrote:Colombia getting WAXED.
But that clutch tho
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:22

Ibra and Ronaldo both getting blatantly obvious yellows to miss the last qualifying game Laughing

Sweden need a win/draw vs Germany to guarantee top seed in the playoffs otherwise we might be in the bottom half swetting at the thought of going out despite the miracle of turning round a nightmare qualification into one where we have achieved something that we didn't think was possible this time last year

hope Iceland can grab that second spot and we get drawn vs them. Dont want france or Ukraine ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:46

^ You wouldn't want to be drawing Lagerbak. He knows Sweden too well :coffee:

But yea, Risky move by Ibra, as he could have helped you sneak a draw on tuesday to be top seed. Now it's definitely a tougher task. Need to park the bus I believe or hope Leow does one of his weird experiments.

France almost guaranteed to be unseeded by the way.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 19:41

Not worried about lagerback, the guy would park the bus and hoof it even if he played Tahiti. He has the tactical knowledge of an out of touch politician

Regarding Ibra, it was either that or he risks missing the playoff games because he was one yellow away from missing it. Knowing Ibra and his shoves and elbows he would be a yellow card waiting to happen

The only team of the unseeded id like to meet is Iceland. I am even worried about Turkey forget France or Ukraine.

Saw the highlights of Denmarks game vs Italy Sad we look similar towards the end of a game but somehow we stil manage to maintain a score

Hope Low puts a B team out there so that we have a chance. Something tells me they will want blood after our last remontada No
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 19:56

Cote d'Ivoire putting on a clinic in Abidjan.

Halftime: Les Elephanes 2-0 Lions des Teranga
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 20:05

halamadrid2 wrote:Not worried about lagerback, the guy would park the bus and hoof it even if he played Tahiti. He has the tactical knowledge of an out of touch politician

Regarding Ibra, it was either that or he risks missing the playoff games because he was one yellow away from missing it. Knowing Ibra and his shoves and elbows he would be a yellow card waiting to happen

The only team of the unseeded id like to meet is Iceland. I am even worried about Turkey forget France or Ukraine.

Saw the highlights of Denmarks game vs Italy :(we look similar towards the end of a game but somehow we stil manage to maintain a score

Hope Low puts a B team out there so that we have a chance. Something tells me they will want blood after our last remontada No
Fair enough. it'd be an incredible fairy tale story if Iceland make it though !

I just did some experiments with FIFA Rankings and guess what.

If Uruguay DON'T beat Argentina and Switzerland BEATS Slovenia on tuesday, then SWITZERLAND will move to top 8, regardless of Turkey vs. Holland result. and Switzerland WILL BE TOP SEED at the world cup

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 20:14

Stick a fork in Senegal.. Kalou makes it 3-0.

Fulltime: Burkina Faso 3-2 Algeria

that was a wild game.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 20:33

Natalie Portman wrote:I just did some experiments with FIFA Rankings and guess what.

If Uruguay DON'T beat Argentina and Switzerland BEATS Slovenia on tuesday, then SWITZERLAND will move to top 8, regardless of Turkey vs. Holland result. and Switzerland WILL BE TOP SEED at the world cup
Beware the power of mighty Switzerland!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 20:57

FullTime: Ivory Coast 3-1 Senegal
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 4:41

You know what? Something is seriously wrong with Chile.

I have never seen a side so good full of players who seriously act like they dont give two craps the way they do at points. As a team they are easily the best team in Conmebol after Brazil, yet they rarely if ever play like they care.

Colombians talking so much crap when Chile is better than this golden generation by miles. Its like they dont care...I dont get it!

You are away, go in at half-time up by 3, and come out with even the crowd on your side. Common sense would say you would keep the pressure on and qualify in style. In typical fashion though these guys come out and literally crap the bed. I wouldnt even be upset if it was just a superior performance by a Colombian side outplaying them. It was no such thing.....Chile literally stopped playing. Then you got these guys literally staring at each other confused like they dont even know what football is.

Jordan has to be praying to Allah Chile finds some way to mess up to the point they are in the playoff. They arent better than Chile, but they sure as heck could beat them with the way Chile stops playing for like hours on end.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 17:28

Nigeria 2-1 Ethiopia cheers

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 17:30

Chile better than Argentina? You need a lie down mate Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 17:44

RealGunner wrote:Nigeria 2-1 Ethiopia cheers

and I used to think rg always cheered for the under-dogs :I'mveryunoriginal:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:41

Natalie Portman wrote:

Would rather see Moses & Mikel in the world cup than......whoever they have on the Ethopian squad.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:02

Natalie Portman wrote:

lol it's an inside joke
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:29

CAF qualifiers are def the best to watch.Hardest qualifying process by far as you have to play a two legged tie then have to top your group or you get knocked out then play another two *bleep* legged tie against the best in Africa.

Eto'o has been amazing in this game.Playingas deep as Benzema if that's even possible but having a great game,Tunisia vs Cameroon by the way.

Have no idea how we're gonna beat Ghana but damn would I do anything to see us In the WC again.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:55

Blue Barrett wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Would rather see Moses & Mikel in the world cup than......whoever they have on the Ethopian squad.
Personally I thought it was refreshing when new faces from Africa qualified for 2006 (Togo, Angola, Ivory Coast, etc) as opposed to the usual suspects. It's always nice to have a surprise package, and that's why I hope Burkina Faso at least make it.

The likes of Nigeria, Cameroon, etc with all their supposed stars were absolutely embarrassing in 2010.

Plus, Ethiopians have little to be happy about, it'd be a welcome change for people of their country.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 3:47

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Chile better than Argentina? You need a lie down mate Laughing
They are. Sure Argentina's attacking power is much more popular, but looking at the entire squad as a whole Chile are the better squad.

Even looking at their match in Santiago Chile attacked for 5 minutes and got a goal. They are prone to slips though and it proved fatal in Argentina.

Chile, if they actually can put together 90 minutes, are easily in the semi finals next year. They simply are that good of a squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next