Luca
Fuzail
Lupi
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

Marchisio: 'I'll be Juve's Totti' Empty Marchisio: 'I'll be Juve's Totti'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Claudio Marchisio reveals he wants to be “the Francesco Totti of Juventus” and aims for yet another Turin Derby goal.

The midfielder has a great history in this fixture, putting three goals past them in the last two meetings.

The teams clash again on Sunday at 11.30am UK time (10.30 GMT), click here for a match preview.

“I’d love to be the Francesco Totti of Juventus. I won’t make comparisons on role or history, but I hope to end my career with this jersey,” Marchisio told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Is that what Alessandro Del Piero thought? We all know what happened. Francesco will be fortunate enough to terminate his career at Roma, but Alessandro’s Australian experience with Sydney cannot make anyone forget what he did for the Bianconeri.”

Yet over the summer Marchisio complained in the media that he would walk away if the club no longer felt he was needed.

“I just had to blow off steam because I was constantly reading in the papers that I was being linked to this or that club. I wanted clarity, the club publicly supported me, so I didn’t have any more doubts after that.”

He also spoke to Tuttosport ahead of the Derby della Mole and can’t wait to see how new teammate Carlos Tevez deals with the situation.

“Carlos has that spirit that perhaps we all need to rediscover. Seeing how eager he is to get goals reminds me of that sporting aggression we had in the first year under Antonio Conte.

“There’s no point hiding it, after two years of success you run the risk of thinking it might be easier this time round. Instead, we can see there’s absolutely nothing easy about it. In fact, the teams we face know us better and are able to tactically close us down.

“The Scudetto rivals are also stronger than in the past and this has to act as an alarm bell. We need to wake up.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marchisio: 'I'll be Juve's Totti' Empty Re: Marchisio: 'I'll be Juve's Totti'

Post by Lupi Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:12 am

pogba >Marchisio
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzail Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 am

Pogba? really? he is a vidal player

flashy, you notice him

you don't marchisio, he just does hiw work

Fuzail
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 am

Pogba is more decisive than Marchisio in front of goal I would say but apart from that it's Marchisio all day. In any case, I would rather Marchisio. He can score too, he's scored some screamers it's actually a wonder to me everytime he steps on the field why he doesn't score more

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:31 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:pogba >Marchisio
Pogba and Marchisio are two completely different players.  That's like comparing De Rossi to Totti. Two different players with two different skill sets.

We need both Pogba and Marchisio on the pitch together and I hope Conte makes it happen.

As for Marchisio, Il Principino will never leave Juve so don't bother reading the nonsense in the papers. He is a Juventino for life. We missed him on the pitch and it showed last game how much we need him. He is world class when at his best and one of the best in the world at his position. His calm demeanor and leadership qualities will ensure he is our next captain.

Forza Il Principino...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Pogba may be more offensive minded and more talented with the ball on his feets but Marchisio's presence on the field gives our team more defensive stability.Maybe he is not very spectacular but he's very important to Juve.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:09 pm

I agreee with u Papa... But will never agree that pogba is a pure CAM like Zizou.. pogba is more a of a b2b player
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

Pogba is a B2B CM so is Marchisio , If i was in charge at Juve i would actually sell Marchisio for around 30m , try to bring Verratti and would add a Left back and used Asamoah for Marchisio replacement
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:Pogba is a B2B CM so is Marchisio , If i was in charge at Juve i would actually sell Marchisio for around 30m , try to bring Verratti and would add a Left back and used Asamoah for Marchisio replacement
Thank God you're not in charge...

Smile
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:27 am

salmano9 wrote:I agreee with u Papa... But will never agree that pogba is a pure CAM like Zizou.. pogba is more a of a b2b player
I don't think Pogba is a pure CAM either. But he has untapped potential on the offensive side of the ball and I would like Conte to use him in a more advanced role. He has much more offensive ability than Marchisio or Vidal so hopefully Conte turns him loose.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:49 pm

IL Gladiatore wrote:Pogba is a B2B CM so is Marchisio , If i was in charge at Juve i would actually sell Marchisio for around 30m , try to bring Verratti and would add a Left back and used Asamoah for Marchisio replacement
if you dont watch juventus play you cannot know marchisio's importance for our midfield...
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down