Art Morte
zizzle
zigra
Harmonica
Blue Barrett
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Go down

La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers Empty La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm

http://www.marca.com/blogs/fair-play/2013/09/30/mal-negocio.html

"Paid television, which is what finances the majority of the clubs, is also suffering from the impact of the crisis. The business has lost 12% of its market over the past year, around half a million subscribers, according to the last quarterly report published by the Commission of the Telecommunications Market.

"Canal+, market leader, has lost 98,713 clients and is left with 1,646,172. The operator ONO is now down to 829,999 after losing 76,000. Telefonica's losses are more numerous, that lost 158,685 clients with 630,324 remaining."

"Worse still is that it is getting harder to see full stadiums in La Liga. The prices of the tickets are unthinkable for a country that suffers a crisis with 6m unemployed. Exactly the opposite than Germany. We need only look at these prices to realize that the football executives live in another world."

Valladolid-Málaga 25-50 euros
Valencia-Rayo 5-60
Almería-Barcelona 150-190
Real Sociedad-Sevilla 25-60
Real Madrid-Atlético 70-235
Osasuna-Levante 40-60
Celta-Elche 25-50
Espanyol-Getafe 25-60
Betis-Villarreal 30-60
Granada-Athletic 30-55

Bayern Munich 12-58 euros
Borussia Dortmund 13-50
Bayer Leverkusen 10-63
Frankfurt 9-40
Freiburg 8-50
Mainz 10-34
Schalke 12-43
Borussia Monchengladbach 13-37
Stuttgart 12-60
Hamburgo 11-78
Hannover 11-43
Werder Bremen 6-50
Fortuna Dusseldorf 10-38
Nuremberg 11-40
Wolfsburg 7-58
Hoffenheim 10-45
Augsburg 11-32
Greuther Furth 10-34
Average 10,33-47.39
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers Empty Re: La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:40 pm

The jig is up.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers Empty Re: La Liga broadcasters lose around half a million subscribers

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Jigging is for suckers. Smile 

Was the cheapest ticket in Almeria - Barcelona really 150€? affraid
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm rather impressed by Valencia's bundesliga-like pricing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Will take some more years till we can see it on the pitch but La Liga is finished :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:59 pm

even paid television suffers in spain :xavi:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Sad but somewhat inevitable figures, those lost subscribers.

If clubs know their business they prolly should lower their prices to get maximum return.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Those are averages or a price range for tickets to those games? Shit I have paid over 1000 bucks for tickets to bulls or bears game. I paid 2000 bucks a piece for blackhawks stanley cup tickets those prices are cheap!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

white_star wrote:Those are averages or a price range for tickets to those games? Shit I have paid over 1000 bucks for tickets to bulls or bears game. I paid 2000 bucks a piece for blackhawks stanley cup tickets those prices are cheap!
Really? Wow. I wouldn't let myself get ripped off that way. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm

rwo power wrote:
white_star wrote:Those are averages or a price range for tickets to those games? Shit I have paid over 1000 bucks for tickets to bulls or bears game. I paid 2000 bucks a piece for blackhawks stanley cup tickets those prices are cheap!
Really? Wow. I wouldn't let myself get ripped off that way. ^^
Ripped off? If you want good seats then you pay up. You make that choice. Sitting courtside in the nba is not cheap heck even the firs few rows will cost alot. Same goes for the nfl you have to pay to sit close lol
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:Sad but somewhat inevitable figures, those lost subscribers.

If clubs know their business they prolly should lower their prices to get maximum return.
Clubs are not about maximum return, in fact their modus operandi is about no return at all, just try to exist while losing the least amojnt of money possible.

La liga will be a-ok, european football has suffered much worse. Reccesions, two world wars, cold war, communism, dictatorships, market constraints. Spain will bounce back up.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 am

Maybe they should stop tryna sell La Liga rights and just start trying to sell off rights to 2 games...el classico Laughing only la liga games people care about anyway tbh

chump league
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 am

There cheap to an american, not to the spanish, which is what this article is about
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 am

1991 wrote:
There cheap to an american, not to the spanish, which is what this article is about
No they aren't either. Those are courtside sits(or damn near close). They're bound to be expensive. Average NBA ticket is somewhere around $100, iirc.

white_star is a boss :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:08 am

I should move to Germany. hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
1991 wrote:
No they aren't either. Those are courtside sits(or damn near close). They're bound to be expensive. Average NBA ticket is somewhere around $100, iirc.

white_star is a boss :bow:
You can be a boss too! Finish school work hard very hard open your own business and you will be courtside or sitting first row at stamford bridge. People who work hard and smart in life get rewarded so good luck mate.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 pm

its ok. theyll bail out banks wholl lend 100m to madrid to buy a player that costs more than bayerns team v city last night.
gotta protect those classicos...

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Just when you think the Bundesliga's high attendance is due to passionate fans.. You find out it's because their prices are so cheap

Dat vagi moment
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:38 pm

How does Osasuna get off charging a minimum of 40 Euros to watch one of their matches? That's ridiculous Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:57 am

La Liga & EPL ticket prices are scandalous.

The greatest team sport match in history last week was only 25euro to get into.

For those of you wondering what match i'm on about:

Sporting perfection this one!
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down