Twoism
McAgger
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Dortmund Empty Arsenal Vs Dortmund

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x604/oct_13/zp_185031479_SM_6069_4_9D1F9D9_1776.jpg

Arsenal Vs Dortmund
Tuesday 22nd October 19:45 BST
Emirates Stadium
Referee:  J. Eriksson‎

An Interesting Clash

We have faced many teams this season. Teams who were difficult to beat because of their style, teams who played in a similar way to us and teams who were deemed as very difficult. But this particular match tomorrow will be different than anything we have faced. Dortmund are the Cl finalists of last year. They are a club who have taken Europe by storm recently and have asserted themselves as one of the best in Europe. They share similar philosophies as Arsenal themselves. Both the clubs believe in positive football and how the game should be played while off the field both clubs try to run in the best financial way as possible. This is really why i say that the match or matches against Dortmund are very different to what we have faced this season so far. It is true we played them 2 years ago but that Dortmund was much different than the Dortmund we are going to face. I would also say that it will be our most difficult match since Bayern Away last season.

Group of Death

Arsenal currently have 6 points from 2 games and As Arsene says, we need 10.2 points to progress to the next round. With 4 games remaining, we effectively need a point per game. But that is a pragmatic approach. Why think of a point when you can go for 3? If we win against Dortmund tomorrow, we will be 80% there. But the question is. How do we beat Dortmund? They are a side who plays with high intensity and have a vertical approach to the game. Fast quick build up and keeping the tempo high for most of the game. I wish we had Flamini for this game but with him being out, the pressure is fully on Arteta. They will press him and our chances of winning the match depends on how well he faces the pressure. I think Arsene will decide to sit back and soak the pressure. We are better that way. We will most probably play the same team as against Norwich with the exception of Flamini. A draw tomorrow won't be the end of the world but beating them will send a signal of intent. That should be our aim. Because we are the team that Europe deserves.

Team News

For Arsenal, Flamini is out despite training as Doctors have told Arsene to gtfo and rest him for 5 days. Walcott, Podolski, Oxlade, Diaby remain the long term injuries. Gnabry might be included in the squad

For Dortmund, goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller is available again after serving a one-game suspension for a red card picked up in the defeat to Napoli, while Lukasz Piszczek (hip) and Ilkay Gundogan (spine) remain long-term injury worries. Marcel Schmelzer (thigh) and Sebastian Kehl (ankle) have not played since September, although the former was on the bench for the 1-0 win over Hannover on Saturday. Sven Bender (groin) and Jonas Hofmann (knee) also both featured in that game, although both have been carrying knocks so may not be risked.

Probable Arsenal Team

---------------------------------------Szczesny--------------------------------------
Sagna--------------------Mertesacker------------------Koscielny-----------------Gibbs
-------------------------------------------Arteta--------------------------------------
----------------------------Ramsey----------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Ozil-----------------------------Cazorla----
-----Wilshere--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Giroud----------------------------------------

We are seriously going to lack width with Wilshere and Cazorla out wide. Both likes to drift inside.

Probable Dortmund Team

--------------------------------------Weidenfeller-----------------------------------

Grosskreutz---------------------Subotic----------------Hummels---------------Schmelzer

------------------------------Sahin-----------Bender---------------------------------

Blazczykowski---------------------------Mkhitaryan------------------------Reus-------

-----------------------------------Lewandowski--------------------------------------

Match Facts ( Uefa )

• Podolski won the 2007/08 DFB-Pokal with Bayern in a 2-1 win against Dortmund after extra time. He scored twice against Dortmund in 14 encounters during his eight years with 1. FC Köln and Bayern between 2004 and 2012 with the record W3 D3 L8.

• Özil played for Schalke and SV Werder Bremen from 2006 to 2010. He made eight appearances against Dortmund (W3 D2 L3) and scored for Bremen in a 1-1 draw on 8 November 2009.

• Arsenal's home record against German clubs is W9 D1 L3; overall it is W13 D5 L8.

• Aaron Ramsey has scored nine goals in 12 games for Arsenal this season (and two in four for Wales)

• Arsenal faced two Bundesliga sides last season, losing 2-0 at home to FC Schalke 04 before drawing 2-2 away. That defeat ended the Gunners' run of six successive home wins against German visitors and also a sequence of 45 home games unbeaten when facing non-English opponents.

• Dortmund began the season with four successive Bundesliga wins for the first time since 2001/02, when they went on to secure the title. They stretched the winning start to five, a club record, before a 1-1 draw at 1. FC Nürnberg.

• Hummels started as Germany, already through to the 2014 FIFA World Cup, won 5-3 against Sweden last Tuesday. Mkhitaryan scored Armenia's second goal in a 2-2 draw with Italy in Naples.

• Dortmund drew 1-1 at Manchester City FC on their way to winning Group D last season and progressed to the final which took them back to England to face domestic rivals Bayern at Wembley Stadium. They lost 2-1 however, to Arjen Robben's late goal.

• Dortmund are in their ninth UEFA Champions League campaign. They were victorious in the 1997 edition and last season was their most successful campaign since then, remaining unbeaten until the semi-final second leg when they lost 2-0 at Real Madrid CF. They still won the tie 4-3 on aggregate after Robert Lewandowski scored all four in a 4-1 first-leg win in Dortmund.

• Klopp is banned on the touchline for tomorrow

Final Words

Arsenal pls win.

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Dortmund Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Dortmund

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 pm

How long is Walcott out for?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

2 more weeks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Sagna will have one hell of a job to pin down Reus, Ramsey and Jack will have to help him there. It will be open game and I'm sure Dortmund will have a go at us, I predict whoever is more clinical in front of goal win.

it's perfect opportunity for the boys to show what they're made of, a victory will do us wonder to embrace a difficult run of games.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Nice work RG.

Really looking forward to this game. After watching Wenger's press conference, I think we're going to see 2 changes. Obviously, Flamini will be replaced by Ramsey, but Wenger hinted at Rosicky replacing Cazorla - "I will rotate a little bit".

This would mean:

Arteta Ramsey

Rosicky Ozil Wilshere

Giroud

with options on the bench like Cazorla & Gnabry.

Dortmund are so good going forward. They might be without Gundogan but Sahin will want to show something against Arsenal (with Wenger pulling out of a deal, so the story goes, in 2012) and Dortmund have their front 4 all fit.

Think it'll be a draw.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Tactically, this game is very interesting. Dortmund are a side less concerned with keeping the ball and more concerned with pressing intelligently, winning the ball high up the pitch and then countering quickly and effectively. How we deal with that pressure and retain the ball will be vital towards the outcome of the game. With our narrow midfield, we may struggle to find outlets, so I think it's very important that either the fullbacks provide ample support or one of the "wide AMs" keep the width.

This game will be a huge test because we usually struggle against that style of play. Both Schalke and Bayern used similar tactics when they came to the Emirates and we struggled to create anything in both games. I'm worried about Arteta, as he doesn't respond too well to physical pressure. Our passing will need to be sharp, and we need to be prepared to scrap a bit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Some quotes:

Klopp: "I read today that Arsenal wanted a new striker. Congratulations with that - Giroud is one of the best strikers."

Klopp on Arsenal's style: "It's Arsène Wenger football. When I watch football, this is the beautiful style I can watch."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I don't get the 1st quote.. What's the point of congratulating us ?. we want a new striker as we only have Oli G , as good as he is.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 am

Bénin wrote:I don't get the 1st quote.. What's the point of congratulating us ?. we want a new striker as we only have Oli G , as good as he is.
Saying we should be happy with him because he is very talented. And who needs another striker when we have Bendtner? Proud

Anyway, crappy timing means I'll be writing a midterm during the first half. Hopefully my first thoughts when I tune into the second half are positive. I expect a draw though.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 am

Bénin wrote:I don't get the 1st quote.. What's the point of congratulating us ?. we want a new striker as we only have Oli G , as good as he is.
It's a compliment to Giroud
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:35 am

how Doctors Dare to respond to Arsene that way Clubber
Razz

Excellent Preview

hope we have another Great start and take a lead and then let them come at us
we would still see more of a ball
shame will miss our best Counter Weapon in Theo

Looking forward to see how Ramshere Perfom at this stage

Bring them On
Would be great Confidence boost for rest of this tough run if we Grab all 3 pts

COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Is Gundogan injured?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 pm

free_cat wrote:Is Gundogan injured?
yes, some persistent back problem.

still, Arsenal don't stand a chance.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Excellent job RG.

Been waiting for this game for a long time, should be one of the best games of the CL. Dortmund are in a tough position where they must win and we stand in their way.

We must win our home games, no reason why we should not walk away with all 3 points. I think it will be a tight game and a 2-1 or 1-0 win.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 pm

-----------  --Szczęsny
------Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
---------------Ramsey--Arteta
-----------Rosicky-Özil Cazorla--Shocked 
-------------------Giroud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AG86 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm a bit apprehensive about this match, predominantly because we haven't faced a team this season that plays so openly and with such pace, it will be a real test for us and the loss of Flamini means we lose the solidity at the back which has been so important for us. Having said that though, I think our confidence is so high at the moment that we're playing so freely, Wilshere's goal against Norwich sums up our mood perfectly, we feel we can do anything and at the moment we're pulling it off too. Ramsey too is literally playing on another level and he alone is enough to cause any team problems. As long as we can keep the confidence up but not allow ourselves to get too carried away with it then I think we'll be OK but the Arsenal fan in me is desperate for the win and to keep this amazing run going that I can't help but feel nervous!

Should be buzzing at the Grove tonight though!
AG86
AG86
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AG86 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Is that like the chance we didn't stand against Bayern before we had you all sh!tting your pants shooting from long range and holding the ball in our final 3rd with 10 mins to go!? Wink
AG86
AG86
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:22 pm

AG86 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Is that like the chance we didn't stand against Bayern before we had you all sh!tting your pants shooting from long range and holding the ball in our final 3rd with 10 mins to go!? Wink
Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Biggest test of the season so far. Dortmund are a team that are capable of beating anyone out there. And in style.

Ruthless, clinical finishing and a lot of solid team defending will be necessary.

I'll have to miss the first half, unfortunately.

BTW, I love that OP training session pic. Arteta is in "natural leader" pose.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AG86 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah true that photo's awesome, is it from today does anyone know?
AG86
AG86
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 pm

AG86 wrote:Yeah true that photo's awesome, is it from today does anyone know?
Its from Yesterday I believe, it was in the papers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AG86 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Sweet!
AG86
AG86
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Chumlum wrote:Biggest test of the season so far. Dortmund are a team that are capable of beating anyone out there. And in style.

Ruthless, clinical finishing and a lot of solid team defending will be necessary.

I'll have to miss the first half, unfortunately.

BTW, I love that OP training session pic. Arteta is in "natural leader" pose.
How dare you Mad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Özil “I’ve got to praise the three players involved for the first goal. It was real ‘tika taka’ – almost like they were playing PlayStation! It was an unbelievable goal.”

:bow: 
Özil was happy with his own performance but believes he can still improve.

“I know that I can still improve but I’m happy with my display and the performance of the team. Aaron Ramsey showed that any player who comes on will do his best for the team and will get involved in tackles and attacks immediately.”

“That’s why we’ve been in such good form. I’m really proud of the team. We’re taking what the manager wants us to take in to game and are making strides. Now we’ve got another three points and can be pleased with that.”
“[Confidence] is really high. We know what we can do but we won’t get carried away.”

“It’s still very early but we know how much potential we have in the team. We just enjoy playing and it shows on the pitch.”

“We fight for each other and we are always there for one another. That’s why we’ve been so successful.”
Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm

some ppl said playing cazorla and wilshere we lack width. i think having attacking full backs in sagna and gibbs has its own advantages and it helps us open gaps in defenses when they push up. Its helps us retain possession.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next