The Mazzari thread

2 posters

Go down

The Mazzari thread Empty The Mazzari thread

Post by zizzle Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Lets first start by recognizing the good work he's done this year. Okay enough with the love, this guy has some serious issues he needs to deal with. I'm not talking about the defense here, because as horrible as it is, the fact that Mazzari recognizes the problem is a good sign. He'll sort it out. What i'm worried about are the issues that he doest seem to be concerned with, and that's the lack of an offensive system that insures goals. Dont let the stats fool you, our scoring exploits have a lot to do with the opposition and little to do with us. Our offensive tactics are only good enough to lay siege on the opposition, not to create real scoring opportunities. We just throw crosses and passes from the wing and hope that something happens, and honestly i lost count of how many goals we scored thanks to defensive mistakes rather than a planned approach in the area.

And lets talk about the lack of plan B for a moment. At the beginning of the season Kovacic was starting from the bench due to fitness issues and that worked miracles when we needed to chase a result. And although that was more of a common sense solution than a tactical stroke of genius, it worked. But what happens now that Kovacic is starting every game ? Subbing in Icardi is another common sense move that we tried with varying success, and by success i mean it helped us mask the real problem. We just replaced hoof it to Ibra with hoof it inside the box.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Mazzari thread Empty Re: The Mazzari thread

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

I consider our attacking play the best since Mou days.We play without a proper striker which has limited the exploits of such tactics,although Palacio is getting some of the good out of it.Icardi should solve this problem when Mazzari considers him fit for 90 minutes,,as he clearly doesn't ATM.He is just the type of striker this system needs.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:28 pm

Thing is Icardi was 100% at the start of the season but he didnt get enough minutes. Maybe Mazzari finally realized how useful he could be but until he's fully fit we'll have to rely on Palacio's individual brilliance.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum