Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

+18
Pip
Rebaño Sagrado
Zealous
vivabarca38
M99
free_cat
Casciavit
Forza
Arquitecto
Onyx
Toffer Harley
danyjr
Adit
DeletedUser#1
The Franchise
Swanhends
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going. - Page 2 Empty Re: Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:48 am

Forza wrote:Subotic is underrated if anything, always in Hummels' shadow. Subotic is just as good as Hummels IMO.
This is why he's overrated.... he's not even close and constantly makes mistakes in big games and struggles without Hummels by his side.

Why are people blind to this? if Hummels did what Subotic did with Arsenal's goal last night all you would see is tonnes of people laughing at him.

Yet Subotic completely loses Ramsey and its not the only mistake he's made this season as i pointed out he's been at fault for many goals this season and not a word is said.

In fact the opposite you all go out of your way to deny it Laughing

You are all so quiet when Subotic is bad but when Hummels has a bad game ( and believe me Subotic has more bad games than Hummels does) you can't wait to shout it from the rooftops... how is this fair?

Its not the only case.... at the confederation cup when Luiz made a mistake GL couldn't wait to throw him to the dogs..... but when Dante made mistakes and despite playing less than Luiz he made more errors not a word was said.

Why does GL have such double standard and bias towards physical defenders?

Also FreeCat i'll ignore you thanks considering you think Draxler is WC from youtube videos and want to sign him because he's tall and a good dribbler.... stay in Catalunya and be clueless thanks.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going. - Page 2 Empty Re: Subotic must be one of the most overrated CBs going.

Post by M99 Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 am

So, you make a thread about Subotic being overrated because you are upset GL laughs when Hummels makes a mistake but does not do anything when Subotic does a mistake?

That's not Subotic being overrated, that's Hummels being underrated.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 am

Both M99 Subotic is overrated but Hummels is just dynamic i'm using to explain why.

He makes mistakes week after week even in games they win.... Sokratis is a more safe defender although i don't rate him that highly either.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 am

Hummels makes a shitload of mistakes too. The mistakes free cat listed are all true. I rate Hummels higher than Subotic but the distance between them is not big. As for Sokratis, he flopped at Milan but has done well at Bundensliga. Backup to Hummels and Subotic is his rightful place. He is better than Santana no doubt.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:11 am

No he doesn't..... its just everyone he does are highlighted while Subotic ones are ignored like the one in the CL final for example people went out of their way to divert the blame on to Hummels Laughing

Subotic has probably made more mistakes in the last 6 months than Hummels has in his Dortmund career but for some reason every mistake Hummels makes its highlighted to the tenth degree but every mistake Subotic made is ignored.

There's just some defenders GL wants to like so will ignore all faults and some who GL want to fail to will throw him to the dogs at every opportunity.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 am

Dont really remember all the "mistakes" He's made but I do remember last night's "mistake".

And the fact that you are blaming Subotic for that goal shows how ignorant you are about this subject because it was the mistake of Sokratis 100%
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 am

free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Hummels must be the most overated CB out there

Against Bayern in CL final.... does nothing at all in both goals, just ball watching.

Against Madrid at home, at fault for Madrid's goal.

Against Madrid away, at fault for Madrid's numerous chances.

Destroyed in the Euros by Italy and Van Persie.

Carried by Subotic time and time again and pretty much everytime he's not there he struggles and even when he is there he lets him down by making slow and careless mistakes after mistake.

Just an overrated slow error prone CB, that lacks agressivity, quickness and is useless in the one on one.
Corrected for you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 am

Zealous wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Hummels must be the most overated CB out there

Against Bayern in CL final.... does nothing at all in both goals, just ball watching.

Against Madrid at home, at fault for Madrid's goal.

Against Madrid away, at fault for Madrid's numerous chances.

Destroyed in the Euros by Italy and Van Persie.

Carried by Subotic time and time again and pretty much everytime he's not there he struggles and even when he is there he lets him down by making slow and careless mistakes after mistake.

Just an overrated slow error prone CB, that lacks agressivity, quickness and is useless in the one on one.
Corrected for you.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am

Its clear that Mole is on a mission here, and will not be deterred

Lets all quietly back out of this thread
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am

The most ridiculous thing, is thatMole starts this thread because Subotic was allegedly at fault for Arsenal's goal yesterday. He wasn't brilliant, but you can't say Ramsey beat him in the air, Ramsey just was in a better position and Subotic couldn't do much then.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Hummels is indeed underrated within GoalLegacy, yet so is Subotic, especially how Mole puts him on a platform which is created out of the hate towards Hummels. I do not find that fair as I am one to think both CBs should be judged individually and not congruent to how they perform as a unit.

Both are excellent CBs, with Hummels simply being the superior one, Subotic only excelling on his discipline.

As for the Hummels criticism, go to Germany where he is almost immune to criticism, whereas Subotic undertakes the brunt of blame, more so than Hummels, one of the media biases that irks me.

As for Sokratis, he needs time. He was not given a chance in Genoa or Milan, yet the talent he possesses is extraordinary, the marking out of Messi vs Greece only one example. Under Klopp I'm confident he will bloom.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:52 pm

95% of the wannabe pundits here haven't seen more than 5 games of hummels, that's more than obvious. every line wasted on this rubbish is too much. germany hummels is certainly not as good as bvb hummels, but there are other factors that play a role in that. how he is used, who he plays with etc. etc... still he is WC.

apart from that i agree with Arq above, but i wouldn't say hummels is immune to critisim in germany. especially after that paraguay friendly or what it was people got pissed off with his attitude. which at least had some effect as he has come out to be more self-reflective afterwards. denial has been one of his true weaknesses in his career so far.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Hummels is better than Subotic. Hummels has two roles in the team: to defend and to create from deep. Subotic only has to defend because he is almost technically inept. Hummels has more of a strain on himself.

Without Hummels last season, Subotic had to take up that second role and he did it pitifully alongside Santana. That's one of the reasons why Klopp went for a more technically able defender in Sokratis.

I don't really know what people see in Subotic, apart from the clearance in the Champions League final he looks bang-average to me. Before last season it was almost universal that Hummels was the better defender, the best defender in the Bundesliga, and one of the best in the world. One inconsistent season for Dortmund's entire defense where Hummels was plagued with injury problems and now he is overrated.

It's funny how the majority of football e-pundits started rating Hummels based on hearsay after 2010-11, and nowadays the same majority of e-pundits think he is overrated based on hearsay.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:59 pm

I didn't know people actually rated him... but judging by this thread he definitely IS overrated, atleast on here. Subotic is nothing more than a decent CB.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I didn't know people actually rated him... but judging by this thread he definitely IS overrated, atleast on here. Subotic is nothing more than a decent CB.
Agreed, tbh my whole premise was based on opinions from here... else where i don't see him being rated anywhere near as highly and rightly so.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Subotic is 82 in FIFA, which is about what I'd rate him :coffee: ...maybe 83/84 on a good run of form
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 am

tore his ACL

out for the season.

I'm afraid BVB's season looking glim

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:44 am

The Mole curse.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 am

Natalie Portman wrote:tore his ACL

out for the season.

I'm afraid BVB's season looking glim

:O:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:41 am

I think he's overrated on here but i wouln't wish injury on anyone.

Hope he gets better soon.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Well since he's so shit I imagine Dortmund's defense will improve now eh mole?

Gonna open up a tab for incoming the humble pie thread call-out banana
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:39 pm

If Hummels is fit yes :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Socratis is a more than decent replacement imo... he was a good player at Werder Breme
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Sokratis has been great for Dortmund so far and I'm sure he'll do well, the problem is no other CB available on the bench... one suspension away from youngsters like Günter/Sarr is not good news at all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:46 am

BVB to Europa League....you heard it here first!
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2