Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
zigra
sportsczy
emassy
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 2 Empty Re: Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:When we had massive defensive issues, he could have done his job and tracked back...  that would have helped.  That's something Ribery does with Alaba:  He always covers for him.  When Kroos went down, Ribery accepted to play a withdrawn role because he knew that attack would be fine with Muller and Robben.  He wasn't able to do that several year ago... he worked on his game.  Maybe CR7 could work on his build up passing and awareness.

Tbh, Messi has stopped doing a lot of the little things too, which is why i don't really like him much lately either.  3 years ago, Messi did it all:  Score, pass, play pressure defense.  He's buying too much into his own hype now too.  BUT, Barca are still winning major trophies.  So there's less incentive right there...
When Ribery will offer what Ronaldo offers in attack then we can talk.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far - Page 2 Empty Re: Goals Scored in 2013/2014 season so far

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Messi broke the single season record for most goals scored in a CY in 2011/2012 with 91. If Ronaldo scores 91 goals this CY, he has my blessing.

Also keep in mind that Barca had won 3 straight La Liga titles, 2 out of 3 CLs and a CDR with Messi going into 2011/2012. That rep obviously carried over and rightfully so. CR7 doesn't have that rep.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
zigra wrote:Goals Scored in 2013/2014
Season So Far:
Balotelli + Robinho = 6 goals
Hazard + Oscar = 10 goals
Tevez + Vidal = 10 goals
Higuain + Hamsik = 12 goals
Van Persie + Rooney = 16 goals
Suarez + Sturridge = 18 goals
Ribery + Mandzukic = 18 goals
Ramsey + Giroud = 18 goals
Lewandowski + Reus = 18 goals
Ibrahimovic + Cavani = 20 goals
Messi + Sanchez = 19 goals
CRISTIANO RONALDO = 18 GOALS

^numbers without penalties :coffee:

you are comparing 1 player with 2
Actually not. I just though it's better to have the numbers without penalties.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:When we had massive defensive issues, he could have done his job and tracked back...  that would have helped.  That's something Ribery does with Alaba:  He always covers for him.  When Kroos went down, Ribery accepted to play a withdrawn role because he knew that attack would be fine with Muller and Robben.  He wasn't able to do that several year ago... he worked on his game.  Maybe CR7 could work on his build up passing and awareness.

Tbh, Messi has stopped doing a lot of the little things too, which is why i don't really like him much lately either.  3 years ago, Messi did it all:  Score, pass, play pressure defense.  He's buying too much into his own hype now too.  BUT, Barca are still winning major trophies.  So there's less incentive right there...
This.

Nothing against Cr but we can't have it both ways, he can't be our savior 99% of the time and when things go bad, other players should just step up out of no where and win us games, when they don't normally get a chance too or was told to look for cr first in most situations, that what happened last season and if Bale turn into another feeder for cr then expect more of the same.

Its a team sport win or lose
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:08 pm

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:The usual suspects bashing Ronaldo once again. He's scored 50% of Madrid's goals this season. This isn't him stat padding.
Who cares? Madrid lost to both Barca and Atletico and Ronaldo did nothing in both games.

That's what matters at the end of the day, the trophies you win not the goals you score.
I swear people for get this is a team sport Laughing

Ronaldo 'carried' Madrid for last season to the biggest deficit between first and second in la liga history. He scored 55 goals.

Ronaldo carried Madrid in his first and second seasons to 2nd place and 1 copa. Ronaldo is carrying Madrid to 3rd place...Madrid will definitely fall apart like United if Ronaldo leaves, I mean United haven't won a league cup, 2 leagues and reached a cl final in that time and Rooney didn't score 30+ goals immediately Ronaldo left...

And yet you won the league and reached the CL final just 2 seasons after he left with almost the same squad..

You seem to forget that there are some players, like Di Maria and Özil(who is not there this season) who were laying the goals on a silver platter for him. Even this seasons, you can count with one hand the goals that were not on a silver platter. IMO, that's not carrying the team.

The way that some people here are talking about C.Ronaldo and his goals, it makes me belive that C.Ronaldo is scoring great individual goals after great individual goals to save Real Madrid. But that's just not true. He has Di Maria's, Benzema(for all his lousy finishing, he is a great creator) and now even Bale help to create goals for him and all he has to do is put the finishing touches to score.

You guys are overrating C.ronaldo contribution just the same way that Harmonica tends to do with Messi's, by ignoring the hard work of their teammates to create those goals for them..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:13 pm

emassy wrote:Goals Scored in 2013/2014
Season So Far:
Balotelli + Robinho = 7 goals
Hazard + Oscar = 11 goals
Tevez + Vidal = 13 goals
Higuain + Hamsik = 14 goals
Van Persie + Rooney = 16 goals
Suarez + Sturridge = 16 goals
Ribery + Mandzukic = 17
goals
Ramsey + Giroud = 19 goals
Lewandowski + Reus = 22 goals
Ibrahimovic + Cavani = 23 goals
Messi + Sanchez = 23 goals
CRISTIANO RONALDO = 24 GOALS
Ramsey + Giroud keeping up with the top players. Proud Who would've thought before the season started.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 am

Well i guess im supposed to be scared by now. But then,no one would complain had messi been the one with the most goal here,ffs
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Yet Madrid are in 3rd place in La Liga having lost to both Barca and Atleti, which is really the only thing that matters lol.
Enough with the hate mate. Same goes for the rest of you (Mole, Jippers, etc). There is only so much one player can do. I don't want to talk about 'ifs' and 'buts' however if the ref gave that penalty on Ronaldo the table would look very different.

We don't need threads like this everyday, but we don't need the shit that follows the OP either.
What would of happen if Cesc got the penalty in first half?

emassy wrote:Well i guess im supposed to be scared by now. But then,no one would complain had messi been the one with the most goal here,ffs
ofcourse noone would complain, they're first ATM
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:10 am

MaraVilla wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Yet Madrid are in 3rd place in La Liga having lost to both Barca and Atleti, which is really the only thing that matters lol.
Enough with the hate mate. Same goes for the rest of you (Mole, Jippers, etc). There is only so much one player can do. I don't want to talk about 'ifs' and 'buts' however if the ref gave that penalty on Ronaldo the table would look very different.

We don't need threads like this everyday, but we don't need the shit that follows the OP either.
What would of happen if Cesc got the penalty in the first half
Or what would have happend if Real Madrid didnt get that penalty agatnst Elche.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 am

The Ronaldo hate is ridiculous. He's been nothing but humble for years now. Terrific role model for not only athletes but for every other human being out there. Don't understand the criticism.

When you get your own "supporters" hating on you mindlessly you know it's definitely getting out of hand. People seem over-eager to discredit his every achievement it seems these days and assassinate his character.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 am

Gil wrote:The Ronaldo hate is ridiculous. He's been nothing but humble for years now. Terrific role model for not only athletes but for every other human being out there. Don't understand the criticism.

When you get your own "supporters" hating on you mindlessly you know it's definitely getting out of hand. People seem over-eager to discredit his every achievement it seems these days and assassinate his character.
TBF, the criticism levelled at CR from his own supporters (not helping much defensively, meagre trophy count) is fair and acceptable. Its not that we are placing any outlandish expectations on his shoulders - merely what we expect from one of THE greats and a true champion.

Atleast its not some blind or biased hate directed towards him from some "supporters" with an agenda against him - like in the case with Benz or San Iker.

And you'll also find that the ones criticizing him are Madridistas first, and CR Fanbois second :coffee:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Gil wrote:The Ronaldo hate is ridiculous. He's been nothing but humble for years now. Terrific role model for not only athletes but for every other human being out there. Don't understand the criticism.

C.Ronaldo has grown up, but he is still a c#nt alot of the times. A couple of weeks ago against Israel, he almost, intentionally, kicked at a players head. It's just that this behaviour of is not reported as much as before. MARCA, AS and especially Punto Pelota have done a great job at cleaning up his image.

But anyway I don't think that it's a hate towards C.ronaldo. I think that it's more a dislike at overstating C.Ronaldo abilities/importance. I mean, I very much dislike when Harmonica does the same with Messi, a player that I like. You know when he says that Messi carried Barca in la liga last season, even though Iniesta was just as brilliant in La Liga as Messi was(he was the player with the most assist in the top leagues last season, even more than Özil). So why won't I dislike when someone overstate the abilities of a player that I dislike very much? Why should we ignore the fact that C.Ronaldo has great teammates, who are creating sitter's for him to tap it in and say that C.Ronaldo is carrying the team?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:21 pm

MaraVilla wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

My point was that one decision could change what the table would be looking like and there would be a lot less bitching.

Anyway all I am getting from this is that Ronaldo is not tracking back. Lol like this is something new. He has been like this since the moment he joined us and guess what he was like that when we smashed every record and won La Liga.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:36 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
MaraVilla wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Enough with the hate mate. Same goes for the rest of you (Mole, Jippers, etc). There is only so much one player can do. I don't want to talk about 'ifs' and 'buts' however if the ref gave that penalty on Ronaldo the table would look very different.

My point was that one decision could change what the table would be looking like and there would be a lot less bitching.

Anyway all I am getting from this is that Ronaldo is not tracking back. Lol like this is something new. He has been like this since the moment he joined us and guess what he was like that when we smashed every record and won La Liga.
Maybe, but both team should have had a penalty while at the same time Ramos should have probably been sent off. So in the end, your point is pointless. Because if we are using "ifs" and "buts" regarding referee mistakes, then you could also mention that both of your goals against Elche came from a dive(C.ronaldo dives to win a freekick and Pepe's judo lock on the defender). So in the end, you would probably be just as far behind us even if you got that penalty, if not more..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:45 pm

At the end of the day the gap would most likely be even greater without Ronaldo. The criticism is falling on the wrong person.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:37 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:At the end of the day the gap would most likely be even greater without Ronaldo. The criticism is falling on the wrong person.
OR...OR...just maybe if he was sold your team would be more balanced? Like, let's see...Bayern? Dortmund? The fact that a club like Madrid is talking like this about one player is just ridiculous. Ibra left inter, they won the treble the following season. Players will step up. Ronaldo scores that many goals because the TEAM plays for him specifically and that playing for him leaves other problems. Bayern did not have a player that scored over 25+ goals yet they did much better because they have balance. Madrid will never have balance as onlg as Ronaldo plays on the 'right wing'. Every single big game especially in the cl Ronaldo's flank has been overloaded. Said this when he was at United, I will continue to say it. The fact that all this can be solved if he plays CF but he does not like it shows that the team will carry on curtailing to him and Madrid will carry on hunting for the ever elusive la decima. Sports is 100% correct.

Ronaldo came to Madrid, they still came second, 2nd season, he was there, they still came second, last season, they still came second, they are currently third with all his amazingly important goals, they were second before he came, all in all, Ronaldo has not had that much effect on Madrid as a whole. That is the absolute truth. Did you buy him to just score goals or lead you to trophies? I leave you and some Madrid fans to answer that...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 pm

One of the most annoying posters on here smh...

This is a thread about Individuals..

You need a pair of these:

http://www.thekirkwoodcall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/thick-glasses-1.jpg
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Great post
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:The usual suspects bashing Ronaldo once again. He's scored 50% of Madrid's goals this season. This isn't him stat padding.
Who cares? Madrid lost to both Barca and Atletico and Ronaldo did nothing in both games.

That's what matters at the end of the day, the trophies you win not the goals you score.
I swear people for get this is a team sport Laughing

Ronaldo 'carried' Madrid for last season to the biggest deficit between first and second in la liga history. He scored 55 goals.

Ronaldo carried Madrid in his first and second seasons to 2nd place and 1 copa. Ronaldo is carrying Madrid to 3rd place...Madrid will definitely fall apart like United if Ronaldo leaves, I mean United haven't won a league cup, 2 leagues and reached a cl final in that time and Rooney didn't score 30+ goals immediately Ronaldo left...

The deficit crap again.... lool you seem to enoy that one

Bashing won't help mate, Ronaldo's Value&Importance is one of a kind. The english league is just in a horrible state right now, and has been weak since he's left, with United&Chelsea not nearly as good as they were from 2006-2009 and 2004-2009 in Chelsea's case.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm not assassinating his character or his achievements. He's one of the best. But THE best? No way lol. His team needs to win trophies AND he needs to be a complete player at his position for that. He's neither.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:I actually am not bashing CR7... he is having a tremendous season like he did last year.  But the point of the OP and others is to make CR7 seem like the GOAT player.  Well, he's not lol.  Once he understands that he should sacrifice and rearrange some of his game so that the team gets better, he will then get that personal title.  Footy is about team trophies... Individual ones are a distant second.

If Madrid were winning major trophies every year, then absolutely no problem...  CR7 would be the goat.  But we're not.  And please don't say Barca this and Barca that... Chelsea and Bayern beat them and Madrid are not less talented.  It's about trusting the team to do it and not playing the hero.

Personally, i admire players that bring team trophies home a lot more.

If CR7 does this then i will give him his due... but not before.
Your analysis is so dumbed down and easy... he could probably play shit, but if winning team trophies you'd prefer that ronaldo.. laughable
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Honestly, if CR7 were awful and Madrid were winning trophies, i'd be much happier as a Madrid fan... you want both obviously.  But if you had to choose, it's trophies all day long and every day.

Besides, if CR7 were shat and Madrid was winning trophies, he wouldn't be near the best player on the team then :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:Honestly, if CR7 were awful and Madrid were winning trophies, i'd be much happier as a Madrid fan... you want both obviously.  But if you had to choose, it's trophies all day long and every day.

Besides, if CR7 were shat and Madrid was winning trophies, he wouldn't be near the best player on the team then :coffee:
Thats the problem, this isnt about your feelings as a fan, this is about properly rating individuals.
Which doesnt work with team stats, but individual stats&performance. Obviously you rate one higher, Ronaldo playing well below his standarts in a win, your logic would mean THIS IS THE BETTER RONALDO.

Sooo flawed, just doesnt make any sense at all.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Honestly, if CR7 were awful and Madrid were winning trophies, i'd be much happier as a Madrid fan... you want both obviously.  But if you had to choose, it's trophies all day long and every day.

Thats the problem, this isnt about your feelings as a fan, this is about properly rating individuals.
Which doesnt work with team stats, but individual stats&performance. Obviously you rate one higher, Ronaldo playing well below his standarts in a win, your logic would mean THIS IS THE BETTER RONALDO.

Sooo flawed, just doesnt make any sense at all.
Rubbish. Football is a team sport. Individual performance HAS TO translate to the team performance you can't isolate it. That is the way the cookie crumbles.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:29 pm

So you think rating every football player regardless of position should be done using individual statistics with complete disregard to team performance? And you're accusing me of making no sense Laughing

The only thing stats do for strikers only is measure their individual effectiveness and 80% of how good they are because that's a position based on stats. We're talking strikers ONLY and keepers. The other 20% is intangibles imo. When you look at other positions, stats are far less important... impact on play (intangibles) take much higher importance.

If CR7 took a back seat on his statistical performance and it helped the team improve its play by others taking on more responsibility... then i would rate CR7 higher. Yes, that is absolutely true and i have no problem saying it.

If CR7's team isn't winning trophies and there are things he could do to rectify that BUT he doesn't do it... then he's being self-absorbed.

Remember that Bayern won the treble with no player scoring 25 goals. They had plenty of guys who could... but everyone sacrificed for the good of the team. They are doing it again this year too. As a footy fan and not a fanboy, that's far more impressive to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:So you think rating every football player regardless of position should be done using individual statistics with complete disregard to team performance?  And you're accusing me of making no sense Laughing

The only thing stats do for strikers only is measure their individual effectiveness and 80% of how good they are because that's a position based on stats.  We're talking strikers ONLY and keepers.  The other 20% is intangibles imo.  When you look at other positions, stats are far less important...  impact on play (intangibles) take much higher importance.

If CR7 took a back seat on his statistical performance and it helped the team improve its play by others taking on more responsibility... then i would rate CR7 higher.  Yes, that is absolutely true and i have no problem saying it.

If CR7's team isn't winning trophies and there are things he could do to rectify that BUT he doesn't do it... then he's being self-absorbed.

Remember that Bayern won the treble with no player scoring 25 goals.  They had plenty of guys who could... but everyone sacrificed for the good of the team.  They are doing it again this year too.  As a footy fan and not a fanboy, that's far more impressive to me.
Who could ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum