beatrixasdfghjk.
CBarca
Forza
Kick
isignedupjusttoseesigs
18 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Eman Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

@ CB and Juveman: my lowest mark in school was a 55% in Music class in grade 6. I never took my trombone home because I obviously wasn't going to play it outside of school and I was just as good as anyone in the class anyway, so the teacher gave me a 55% even though I basically got perfect on everything else. I think he was just angry that I was good despite not trying hmm

As for highschool math, I almost never finished my tests but usually ended up with B+'s. It was funny because in grade 12 Advanced Functions I essentially got close to 100% on every question I attempted on every test leading up to the final but was sitting with a 70-something because I never got to the questions at the end which were graded differently than the earlier ones (so I had 0% in 'Thinking and Application' but 100% in every other grading criteria). One day that year my teacher decided to bring up the average, so she gave everyone a certain number of bonus marks in whatever grading criteria they wanted; my mark went up 12% when the nearest change amongst my peers was 4% Laughing

I would just answer the crap out of every question I did while my classmates would put the answer and move on, which was probably because the teachers told us to answer them like we were speaking to someone who didn't know the material. I was often told by my teachers that I'd be screwed in university at the pace I wrote exams, but I always have time to spare in university exams...

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kick Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 pm

M99 wrote:
Kick wrote:Has anyone seen the Wiggles farewell tour, I highly recommend it.

wigglesworth had a farewell tour? Where did he go?

The Pearly gates on a white cloud.

He was disappointed you didn't show.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Juveman17 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Also if anyone hasn't seen Frozen then I would highly recommend it.

Hate the main character. Her stupidity pretty much caused the whole movie to take place which for some reason pisses me off

Whilst I agree that it was kind of her fault, it didn't take away the enjoyment of the movie from me. It's a fairly stable plot point that a main character's actions, unwitting or not, create havoc.

What such a view perhaps overlooks though is the effect of the parents who told their daughter that she had to remain isolated and hidden, never feeling, which was actually the true cause of the troubles in the film. The attention to detail in the animation was quite stunning, with Elsa's body language fastidiously crafted to portray the struggle with depression and anxiety that she faced. The film in a subtle but mature manner approached such issues with a gentle, understanding and nonjudgmental manner, whilst also inverting the solutions of other popular motifs of such stories such as true love in ways that would have been beyond Disney at the start of the last decade. Whilst it's far from the greatest musical Disney have done, even at one sitting Frozen offers so much and I believe will age very well because as people see it again and again they will pick up on so much more and begin to appreciate the incredible depth of the production.

If you don't like it on the second viewing though, fair enough. As I said, it's certainly not my favourite animation, but it's one of the most impressive productions ever in such a genre.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Also if anyone hasn't seen Frozen then I would highly recommend it.

Hate the main character. Her stupidity pretty much caused the whole movie to take place which for some reason pisses me off

Whilst I agree that it was kind of her fault, it didn't take away the enjoyment of the movie from me. It's a fairly stable plot point that a main character's actions, unwitting or not, create havoc.

What such a view perhaps overlooks though is the effect of the parents who told their daughter that she had to remain isolated and hidden, never feeling, which was actually the true cause of the troubles in the film. The attention to detail in the animation was quite stunning, with Elsa's body language fastidiously crafted to portray the struggle with depression and anxiety that she faced. The film in a subtle but mature manner approached such issues with a gentle, understanding and nonjudgmental manner, whilst also inverting the solutions of other popular motifs of such stories such as true love in ways that would have been beyond Disney at the start of the last decade. Whilst it's far from the greatest musical Disney have done, even at one sitting Frozen offers so much and I believe will age very well because as people see it again and again they will pick up on so much more and begin to appreciate the incredible depth of the production.

If you don't like it on the second viewing though, fair enough. As I said, it's certainly not my favourite animation, but it's one of the most impressive productions ever in such a genre.

Good analysis, and yea it originally made me mad but it was a good enough animation movie no doubt.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:07 am

Eman wrote:@ CB and Juveman: my lowest mark in school was a 55% in Music class in grade 6. I never took my trombone home because I obviously wasn't going to play it outside of school and I was just as good as anyone in the class anyway, so the teacher gave me a 55% even though I basically got perfect on everything else. I think he was just angry that I was good despite not trying hmm

As for highschool math, I almost never finished my tests but usually ended up with B+'s. It was funny because in grade 12 Advanced Functions I essentially got close to 100% on every question I attempted on every test leading up to the final but was sitting with a 70-something because I never got to the questions at the end which were graded differently than the earlier ones (so I had 0% in 'Thinking and Application' but 100% in every other grading criteria). One day that year my teacher decided to bring up the average, so she gave everyone a certain number of bonus marks in whatever grading criteria they wanted; my mark went up 12% when the nearest change amongst my peers was 4% Laughing

I would just answer the crap out of every question I did while my classmates would put the answer and move on, which was probably because the teachers told us to answer them like we were speaking to someone who didn't know the material. I was often told by my teachers that I'd be screwed in university at the pace I wrote exams, but I always have time to spare in university exams...

I wish i could do that Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:01 am

Aye I'm just straight up bad at math, but we've been over that before.

I'd just like to give a great big hug to all you aussies currently running the GL annual awards vote thread Proud

CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:16 pm

fatman123 wrote:This whole nekominations sums up Australian drinking perfectly Laughing

Some people have just went to far with this nek n nominate shit. Australia is like the only country this shit would seem normal and funny as hell

As a reference to the guys who have NFI what were on about

https://www.facebook.com/neknominatevideos
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Forza wrote:Australia's failing cricket team can only be good for the A-League's publicity.

Please tell me this was after the first day's play when Australia got round 300.

hahahaha
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Kick wrote:
M99 wrote:
Kick wrote:Has anyone seen the Wiggles farewell tour, I highly recommend it.

wigglesworth had a farewell tour? Where did he go?

The Pearly gates on a white cloud.

He was disappointed you didn't show.

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTphCSfsqpsRdIvwj2E8BXtBrz4mToihRVtkQWg4C3I7IfZH7_y

:coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Forza wrote:Australia's failing cricket team can only be good for the A-League's publicity.

Please tell me this was after the first day's play when Australia got round 300.

hahahaha
Yes, lol. First day, first test. GL curse rofl
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 am

Why is Kick a dog?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 am

Woof.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:07 am

Kick Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:12 am

This is my punishment for telling an Admin what to do.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 am

well that was rude of them
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 am

It's like when a telemarketer rings, then takes 5 seconds to talk to you.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 am

I used to work in a call centre The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 20 2276801876
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 am

What did you sell?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 am

Kids Cancer Project raffle tickets, yes I was one of those charity people
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 am

Did you have to put on a Indian accent and call yourself 'Steve'?

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:13 am

God no, anyone with an Indian or Chinese name or an accent (a lot of poms worked there) got smashed when you called rural areas (it's the truth, face it). Luckily my normal tone of voice was good enough, I only got the 'you're not Australian' bigotry once
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 am

rofl

you're not Aussie enough?

I could never do that kind of job, I hate talking to people on the phone.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 am

To be honest with you, after that job I just hate people Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 am

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/bully-underpay-claims-about-charity-call-centre-20140111-30nla.html

This is who I worked for
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:30 am

Laughing bet you're glad you got out!

After working at McDonalds, I hate people.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:31 am

And drunks too I'm sure
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next