Raptorgunner
Peccadillo
EL Patron
RealGunner
Jay29
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy Empty Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Will write up some thoughts in a moment.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

It was a very easy win. Comfortable from start to finish. Szczesny had to misplace a pass to create their best half chance of the night lol

We were absolutely amazing in the first 20 minutes when we were on Gear 1. After that it wasn't required and we slowly started to drop the tempo. In the end it was a f this shit performance.

Ozil was MOTM. Ramsey my 2nd MOTm and Bendtner 3rd. Bendtner worked hard all night. Nice goal. Was committed.

Now the real test starts
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy

Post by EL Patron Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Very good performance, played at high tempo throughout the game. Think we could have scored more goals, Santi was amazing in the second half, he needs to do it more often.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Santi hasn't been the same since he got back from injury.. he will come good.

I missed the second half as unfortunately I reside in Sydney and had to go to work. Sounds as though we slowed the tempo and just saw the game out - which is the right thing to do and I believe that was the intention.

I would've subbed Ozil off at 60".

Good easy win - job done - Such a shame about the Chelsea game! It looked like we may have widened the gap with them.

Glad Giroud got his well earned rest, hopefully this will revitalise him for Everton and he will pick up that great form he started the season with.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 pm

I couldn't have asked for more from us tonight. We were comfortable throughout the game, playing some excellent football, creating chances and keeping it tight at the other end, all the while giving some  much needed rests to certain players. The only things we did wrong were the occasional moments of sloppiness at the back and not scoring more goals.

Hull weren't really up to much. They focused more on keeping it solid at the back instead of trying to close us down and win the ball back. Their only outlets were their front two but they struggled to find them all game. They didn't really help themselves in this game; if you give Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil that much room, they will destroy you.

Bendtner actually had a very good game. He got involved with the build-up, linked-up well, scored a goal and even got in a customary Bendtner cock-up from four yards out. If he can produce this more often, we don't have to worry so much about resting Giroud. Ultimately, it's all up to him (which is a large part of the problem, unfortunately).

I really liked how the players that came into the side today didn't look too rusty. Monreal was really impressive at left back, Jenkinson did okay and Rosicky was his usual energetic self, though some his passing didn't quite come off. It's a big relief that we've got these guys to rely upon. Making five changes really didn't effect the team at all.

Not much else to say about the game, really. As far as the table goes it's as you were and that Everton game on Sunday suddenly looks a lot harder now that they've beaten United. We'll certainly need to be at our best to win, especially as we'll have the added pressure of playing after Chelsea and City.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:56 pm

That was so easy.Shocked 

I wish we could have scored few more, really dont like when we dont kill the game off early when we can. Ramsey should have scored and Bendtner did his job work his ass off.

I know Everton beat United today, dont want to sound cocky but I am not worried about them all. We are at home and should take all 3 points.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

It all the sweeter if we do beat Everton at home when they (MU) failed to.. much like the Cardiff game, makes upfor the loss at OT in a way Thumbs up 

Agreed about Hulls pressing.. they were giving us so much space between the lines, in the first half anyway which is all I can account for.

I must say Bendtner did play well too. Although a lot of effort probably comes down to his attempt to capture the attention of various scouts. This was a big game for him on a personal level.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Great goal.
Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull City: Nice and comfy IwrBurj9qZyt
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Lex wrote:I have a feeling we'll see Bendtner at some point tonight pale 
:bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Lex wrote:
Suarez scored 4 goals against Norwich today but he would never be as good as Bendtner when it comes down breaking down Hull deference. Laughing :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 am

Lex wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:I'm not sure Ramsey does need a break. He doesn't look jaded at all and dropping him may disrupt our balance a bit. On his form and given he is showing no signs of fatigue, I'd like to see him play - after all don't forget we need to win this game.. more so than the City and Napoli matches tbh (not by too much for the latter!).. Ramsey can have a rest for the Napoli game and then if December takes its toll, again when we play the hammers.

I would prefer Giroud rested as he genuinely appears to be struggling right now with fitness and we will need him at 100% for Everton and going into this treacherous month. Should be left on the bench as an option just in case.

I'm not sure he will be rested but TBH it's as gooder time as we are going to get to do so. A Davies-less Hull at home is ideal. I'd go with TGSTEL -  we don't need him to score goals, we just need him to be a bothersome twot up front to open up space for Theo to get in behind.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:41 am

solid performance
could have scored more but
i rather 2-0 than 3-1 lol

that Aaron-Mesut combo Proud
you could feel the moment Aaron went off something was missing Razz

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2013/matches/695031/team-stats/3/1_PASS_11#tabs-wrapper-anchor

variety off chances created

good job nick bendy

still lapses of concentration but got away with it

good decision to rest Arteta ,flamini covered spaces quite well

now onto a massive week
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 am

Brilliant performance..
i am happy that the rotation system has started off successfully.. we have rotated the squad well from the Southampton game and it has hardly affected our performances.. and key players, particularily more injury prone players are getting small rests in between.. very impressed with the roles Rosicky, Cazorla, Monreal and Flamini had played so far.. so we must continue this to give opertunities to all.. there could be a loss here and there which will be blamed on the second choice players.. but it is important to understand that our first team can also lose matches..

we played a very different squad, bu played the exact way.. our central midfielders changing roles and positions and interlinking.. Bendtner put in a decent shift holding and passing well, and winning a fair share of duels.. happy with the support he got from the crowd, who was more lively than usual yesterday.. Hull didnt have the quality to trouble us.. when we lost the ball we pressed high up even in their boxes and won the ball back.. first 20 mins was otal destruction of he Hull defence.. Hull could hardly get into our half.. then they started improving late in first half.. and the goal early second half killed the game..

Sczeny - 6.5 had nothing much to do.. one poor pass which made Kos furious..
Jenko - 6 decent game and showed his hot and cold nature.. brilliant cross which resulted in the goal.. but his positioning and reading of the game is questionable at times.. standing too forward near the line and waiting for the ball, rather than helping to play it from behind..
Met - 7.5 relatively easy outing..
Kos - 7 had more to do and sweeped well, except for one or two poor decisionss..
Monreal - 7 joined the attack well and interlinked with our mids.. one of the rare games in which our attack was mostly channeled through the left side..
Flamini - 7 very good game..
Ramsey - 7.5 MOTM.. continued his beastly form.. running into the box.. had a bullet from 35 yards just saved.. great assist for Ozil.. won the ball consistenly in defence..
Cazorla - 7 terrific workrate shown there.. sad that he was unlucky many a time and couldnt produce that final ball or pass.. regaining his sharpness now..
Ozil - 7 brilliant performance.. he was more dominant today taking the initiative.. Hulls less pressing game suited him..
Rosicky - 6 worked hard.. but lacked his usual sharpness.. quite some mispasses..
Bendtner - 7 what more to ask from someone who made his first PL start after 2.5 years.. good header.. good holdup and interlink play..
Walcott - 6 got a cameo in his prefered CF position.. but couldn do much..
Wilshere - 7 showed good energy and his dribbling powers..
Arteta - 6.5 came late and did what he does well..

overall it has been a great round.. again the focus of the media will be on Suarez, Hazard, City, etc calling them genuine title challengers.. while we remain consistent and keep picking points consistently.. lack of 4-0, 5-0 wins will keep our critics active, which is actually good for us..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:45 am

Wilson37 wrote: Brilliant performance..
i am happy that the rotation system has started off successfully.. we have rotated the squad well from the Southampton game and it has hardly affected our performances.. and key players, particularily more injury prone players are getting small rests in between.. very impressed with the roles Rosicky, Cazorla, Monreal and Flamini had played so far.. so we must continue this to give opertunities to all.. there could be a loss here and there which will be blamed on the second choice players.. but it is important to understand that our first team can also lose matches..

we played a very different squad, bu played the exact way.. our central midfielders changing roles and positions and interlinking.. Bendtner put in a decent shift holding and passing well, and winning a fair share of duels.. happy with the support he got from the crowd, who was more lively than usual yesterday.. Hull didnt have the quality to trouble us.. when we lost the ball we pressed high up even in their boxes and won the ball back.. first 20 mins was otal destruction of he Hull defence.. Hull could hardly get into our half.. then they started improving late in first half.. and the goal early second half killed the game..

Sczeny - 6.5 had nothing much to do.. one poor pass which made Kos furious..
Jenko - 6 decent game and showed his hot and cold nature.. brilliant cross which resulted in the goal.. but his positioning and reading of the game is questionable at times.. standing too forward near the line and waiting for the ball, rather than helping to play it from behind..
Met - 7.5 relatively easy outing..
Kos - 7 had more to do and sweeped well, except for one or two poor decisionss..
Monreal - 7 joined the attack well and interlinked with our mids.. one of the rare games in which our attack was mostly channeled through the left side..
Flamini - 7 very good game..
Ramsey - 7.5 MOTM.. continued his beastly form.. running into the box.. had a bullet from 35 yards just saved.. great assist for Ozil.. won the ball consistenly in defence..
Cazorla - 7 terrific workrate shown there.. sad that he was unlucky many a time and couldnt produce that final ball or pass.. regaining his sharpness now..
Ozil - 7 brilliant performance.. he was more dominant today taking the initiative.. Hulls less pressing game suited him..
Rosicky - 6 worked hard.. but lacked his usual sharpness.. quite some mispasses..
Bendtner - 7 what more to ask from someone who made his first PL start after 2.5 years.. good header.. good holdup and interlink play..
Walcott - 6 got a cameo in his prefered CF position.. but couldn do much..
Wilshere - 7 showed good energy and his dribbling powers..
Arteta - 6.5 came late and did what he does well..

overall it has been a great round.. again the focus of the media will be on Suarez, Hazard, City, etc calling them genuine title challengers.. while we remain consistent and keep picking points consistently.. lack of 4-0, 5-0 wins will keep our critics active, which is actually good for us..
Wilson no offence man but your ratings often confuse me.. how can you rate Jenks, who's mouth watering assist led to the most important moment of the game, below that of Arteta, who conversely was on the pitch for 10 minutes and did nothing more than expected..

I get what your saying about Jenks positioning at times.. but for me the ratings are a bit harsh..

For me;

Wol      7
Jenk     7.5
Per      8
Kos      7
Nacho   8
Flamini  7.5
Rosicky 7
Rambo  8
Ozil      8
Santi    7
Bendy  8 (that felt weird)

Theo 6
Wilshere 6
Arteta 6

Also - Plaudits to Monreal.. He's giving Gibbs a run for his money which is quite an achievement in itself given Gibbs has been impressive all season.
After watching this game I do feel like he offers more than Gibbs going forward..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:24 am

Class performance!

Really impressed how the players who lack game time, just come on and do a good job. Jenkinson, Monreal, Rosicky = class. Even Bendtner who had a great game. Hopefully Jenkinson's performance shuts some doubters Laughing

The only thing that worries me is that Özil and Ramsey started another game and didn't get a deserved rest. Maybe we can rest them against Napoli. Mertesacker and Koscielny aswell but they didn't have to do much.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:38 am

Peccadillo wrote:Bendy  8 (that felt weird)
Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:31 am

"@wengerknowsbest: We showed efficiently efficient efficiency and consistently consistent consistency. We looked the Tigers in the eye and were survivors."

Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 am

Great team display, yet again. Some amazing football at times, particularly on both goals. Was a bit p***** off that I had a very average stream to watch the full game on, but I saw most bits and pieces (might watch the game in full later on arsenal player after work).

Fair play to Bendtner, it is difficult to come into the side when you know the 60,000 in the stadium are pretty much against you from the off. But he finished off a brilliant team goal, credit to Jenkinson for the cross too - his crossing is definitely his best attribute.

Ozil put in a magical display - he was gold. And then of course Monreal came in and was superb, keeps Gibbs on his toes.

Completely agree with the squad rotation (5 changes), we have 3 huge games in 6 days ahead, so resting Giroud was pivotal.

Against Everton, I think we'll see the 'first XI' again (if Sagna is fit), but it's nice to have so many options for once.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Just professional from Arsenal yesterday loved it. Coldest night at the Emirates for sometime, thankfully we scored early to spark the atmosphere as the ground took a while to fill up.

Props to Bendtner and Jenkinson, I've always had a soft spot for Bendtner I'll never forget his goal against Spurs at home first touch, got involved well never hid from the ball. Jenkinson did well offensively peach of a cross, he just needs to be more switched on defensively e.g. Holding the defensive line. Also Monreal, great player so glad we have him in the side always does a great job, reminds me of Edu in that respect.

A bit annoyed Ozil and Ramsey didn't get a rest, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if both are rested between the Everton & Napoli games. There's a tremendous amount of depth in midfield.

Feel sorry for Vermaelen, clearly he just can't take on board defensive discipline, from what I've heard it'll be more likely defensive reinforcement is bought in, rather than a striker as Sanogo, is highly rated amongst the club.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:36 pm

I actually wanted to create a thread, but since I'm not regular in this section I will just put it here:

WHAT WOULD YOU GUY DO IN MAY WHEN ARSENAL WINS THE EPL!!! I mean how would you guys celebrate (and how long)!!! There got to be something new aside drinking etc.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:45 pm

iftikhar wrote:I actually wanted to create a thread, but since I'm not regular in this section I will just put it here:

WHAT WOULD YOU GUY DO IN MAY WHEN ARSENAL WINS THE EPL!!! I mean how would you guys celebrate (and how long)!!! There got to be something new aside drinking etc.

It's IF ARSENAL WIN. Nice attempt at jinxing Razz

We are nowhere near the title. It's not even half the season yet. Don't jump to conclusions already, atleast wait to see how we pull through the next 4 games (Everton, Napoli, City, Chelsea).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:49 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f72/16/79/56/27/calma10.png
the Most important match is always the next match
lets take it game by game and not take it too far
show that fantastic team spirit and mental strength
https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/xowen10.gif
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm

iftikhar wrote:I actually wanted to create a thread, but since I'm not regular in this section I will just put it here:

The next 5 games will tell us where we stand, as of now we are just fighting for top4.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 pm

You know shit just got real when Raptor is being patient Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:08 pm

srigooner wrote:You know shit just got real when Raptor is being patient Laughing
Razz Embarassed
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum