Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Kick
Lex
Robespierre
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

most underrated players in the EPL ? - Page 2 Empty Re: most underrated players in the EPL ?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Agreed on Suarez, he's the 2nd best player right now and I don't think he gets proper recognition for that.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

most underrated players in the EPL ? - Page 2 Empty Re: most underrated players in the EPL ?

Post by B-Mac Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:24 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:De Gea underrated 🤣one of the most grossly overrated players out there.

rofl clearly haven't been watching him save our asses in some terrible performances this year
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah, De Gea has quietly been one of the best keepers in the world this year.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
Sina wrote:for me

Sagna
Mertesacker
Gibbs
Huddlestone
Claudio Yacob
Sascha Riether
Michael Williamson
Leon Osman

How is Mertesacker underrated? He's arguably been one of, if not thee best, central defender in the EPL over the last 2 years.

but before many games i see opposition fans saying cant wait til their striker run at Merte
its still a myth that every half decent ST with pace will trouble him whereas him and kos compliment each other very well
who needs pace when you can read the game  Cool 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 am

De Gea, Coleman, Jagielka, Suarez, Huddlestone, Sagbo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:36 am

lszanto wrote:Suarez.

He's easily the best player in the league and I really don't think he gets the recognition for it due to his personality.

Suarez is balanced...some people overrate him and other underrate  Laughing 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:43 am

Zabaleta to me, i think he is absolutely WC, people do rate him but not to the extent he deserves imo.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 am

chinomaster182 wrote:Zabaleta to me, i think he is absolutely WC, people do rate him but not to the extent he deserves imo.

Agreed.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:58 am

GK - Jussi Jaaskelainen (West Ham)
Admittedly, rugby tackling Gary Hooper to gift Norwich a penalty last month didn't do West Ham any favours, but for the most part Jaaskelainen has been one of the most consistent goalkeepers in the Premier League. Signed by Colin Todd for a fee of just £100,000, he spent 15 years at Bolton Wanderers which included two campaigns on the continent. When Bolton were eventually relegated in 2012, Jaskelainen moved to West Ham on a free transfer.

Did you know?
The Finnish stopper has eight clean sheets in the Premier League this season, a total matched only by Everton's Tim Howard who has faced 36 less shots.

LB - Ben Davies
As a product of Swansea's youth academy, along with last season's League Cup success, Davies must be considered to be one of the club's proudest recent achievements. At just 20-years-old, a long term injury to Neil Taylor has granted him a regular starting spot for Michael Laudrup's side with some assured performances at the back being impressively added to by occasional attacking skirmishes, resulting in two goals this term.

Did you know?
When Davies scored against Stoke last season, he became Swansea's youngest ever scorer in the Premier League.

CB - Dejan Lovren (Southampton)
The 24-year-old Croatian defender sits at the heart of the season so far's joint tightest defence (with Everton). He joined Southampton from Lyon for a fee believed to be around £8.5m and The Saints' lofty league position suggests he might be well worth the outlay. He's also not afraid to get forward - with nine senior goals during his professional career; he popped up with the winner at Anfield back in September.

Did you know?
Playing at centre half, Lovren has made 40 interceptions. In the same position, only Laurent Koscielny of Arsenal (43) and Chico Flores of Swansea (42) have made more.

CB - Mike Williamson (Newcastle)
Having initially plied his trade in the lower leagues of English football, the journeyman defender seems to have finally found a home in the North East, nearing 100 league appearances for the Magpies. Since Newcastle won promotion to the Premier League in 2010, they have kept 33 clean sheets - understatedly, Williamson has started 23 of these. Confident on the ball, the centre back is also partial to a step over from time to time.

Did you know?
Williamson has only committed four fouls in 11 Premier League games this season, while picking up no bookings or red cards.

RB - Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
With City's long list of marquees, Zabaleta's reportedly £7m switch from Espanyol would barely raise an eyebrow these days; but the Argentine has proven his quality and commitment to the club on numerous occasions. A heart on sleeve fullback with a tank of stamina that would shame some wingers, Zabaleta bombs forward with the best of them without ever forgetting to track back.

Did you know?
Zabaletta has assisted five goals this season, more than any other defensive player.

LM - Yoan Gouffran (Newcastle)
Signed as a relative unknown from Bordeaux for just £500,000, Gouffran represents Alan Pardew's continual knack of thrifting the French market. Incredibly versatile, Gouffran can comfortably play almost anywhere from the midfield up. He scored the winner against QPR to secure his club's Premier League status last season and already has five league goals to his name this term, as the Toon sit in a far healthier position of 6th.

Did you know?
Gouffran has five goals and two assists in his last seven league games for Newcastle.

CM - Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace)
In explaining Crystal Palace's promotion, most people would turn to Wilfred Zaha or Glenn Murray, but Jedinak was instrumental in the Eagles' return to the top flight. Calm on the ball, the holding midfielder who has 42 caps for Australia's national side, is an expert at breaking down opposition attacks. It's just a shame the rest of his team aren't.

Did you know?
Jedinak has made 55 interceptions this season, more than any other player in the Premier League.

CM - Claudio Yacob (West Brom)
After six years at boyhood club Racing in Argentina, the industrious Yacob joined West Brom on a free transfer. He impressed in his first season, appearing 30 times as the Baggies achieved their highest ever Premier League finish (8th).

Did you know?
Playing in central midfield, Yacob has made 61 successful tackles. In the same position, only Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal (64) has made more.

RM - James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
Somewhat overshadowed by the likes of Lallana and Shaw, fellow academy graduate Ward-Prowse has impressed since his debut last season. Floating between central and wide positions, it's only a matter of time before this nifty 19-year old turns himself into an established playmaker.

Did you know?
Ward-Prowse has made more accurate crosses (contact to head or foot) than any other player in the Premier League.

FW - Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)
It's unusual to select a player from the team that's top of the table in an 'underrated' 11, but Giroud doesn't gets anywhere near the recognition he deserves. When pundits and pub goers are debating the best strikers, wrongly the Frenchman rarely gets a look in behind Aguero, Van Persie and co. Commanding a fee of just under £10m, his move from Montpellier in 2012 can hardly be described as big money by today's standards; but when he initially joined Arsenal, he endured his fair share of 'flop' charges. Averaging almost a goal every two games and with four assists, he has since become the focal point of Arsenal's attack.

Did you know?
Along with Luis Suarez of Liverpool, Giroud has more assists than any other striker in the top six. Corollary: Wayne Rooney does have more but Manchester United aren't in the top six.

FW - Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
Born in Birmingham, the player whose blistering pace is only usually referred to as a token gesture, save for two short loan spells, is a one club man. Able to play up front or out wide, Agbonlahor is a work horse who's not afraid to do the dirty work in winning the ball on the flank - he's probably so fast he could cross it in for himself. This season, Agbonlahor won both penalties in Villa's historic win at the Emirates and has notched up three assists.

Did you know?
Agbonlahor is Aston Villa's all-time leading goal scorer in the Premier League.

Source:
www.indepedent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-most-underrated-players-in-the-premier-league-9015857.html

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:40 am

chinomaster182 wrote:Zabaleta to me, i think he is absolutely WC, people do rate him but not to the extent he deserves imo.

Considering how we fared against City without him (4:1 at their place, 2:0 after ten minutes at home) and with him (losing at home 2:3 after he came on), I'd agree that this guy is very, very strong.

Ribery and Alaba had Richards for breakfast, the moment Zabaleta came on Ribery didn't manage anything successful.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Considering how we fared against City without him (4:1 at their place, 2:0 after ten minutes at home) and with him (losing at home 2:3 after he came on), I'd agree that this guy is very, very strong.

Ribery and Alaba had Richards for breakfast, the moment Zabaleta came on Ribery didn't manage anything successful.

Agreed. He is currently the best RB in the world now for me with Lahm playing in the midfield.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Everyone rates Zabaleta lol.... ask any PL fan who the best RB in the league is they all say Zabaleta lol.

For us Debuchy is definitely underrated.

Debuchy has been outstanding since he adapted to the PL and since that Hull debacle been fantastic at both ends.

Yet doesn't get even half the recognition his performances deserve..... another one would probably be Gouffran, i would include Cabaye in that too but outside of GL people recognize his quality.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Everyone rates Zabaleta lol.... ask any PL fan who the best RB in the league is they all say Zabaleta lol.

For us Debuchy is definitely underrated.

Debuchy has been outstanding since he adapted to the PL and since that Hull debacle been fantastic at both ends.

Yet doesn't get even half the recognition his performances deserve..... another one would probably be Gouffran, i would include Cabaye in that too but outside of GL people recognize his quality.

I watched you against Arsenal yesterday, and I have to say that while this Debuchy made quite a stir down his flank his crosses were terrible, and even worse were the times he decided to shoot instead of cross.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum