windkick
Jay29
RedOranje
fatman123
DeletedUser#1
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you enjoy supporting your club ? Empty Do you enjoy supporting your club ?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 pm

In my half a decade of experience on football forums, I've come across different breeds of people. All sort of different.

Male, Female, Young, Old, Straight, Gay, (one Lesbian), White, Black, Red, Yellow, MidEastern, Iberian, Pessimistic, Optimistic, WUM, Misunderstood, etc.

but the main question is....do you actually enjoy this affiliation you've chosen (either as a glory hunter, or as a local kid)..or have you just got used to it.

Often in life...a boy meets a girl. they go out and become a couple. They stay together for a long period of time.....2-3 years down the line, they are both older and more decisive life decisions are required. They know they haven't got it to work it out between them long term. But they stick together, because well, they are used to each other. Like smoking a cigarette....sometimes they just don't know why they're doing it, but it's become a habit. even if it has no positives...and they don't really enjoy it.

I see a lot of fans always being miserable...always pessimistic, idealistic, whatever you wanna call it....I see some opposite. Always on the "It's not possible until it's mathemtically possible", just bundles of joy. Some of course are just fans in name, and probably still think CR7 plays for Man U. These different type of fans of course perceive the support differently and the experience varies for them.

Do you enjoy supporting your club ?Why do you even do it ? Do you keep doing it because you've just learned to live with it, no matter how much misery it inflicts on you week in and out (or you choose to see the miserable part) ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do you enjoy supporting your club ? Empty Re: Do you enjoy supporting your club ?

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:05 pm

It's like a rollercoaster at times, and when your team goes though a few bad seasons you do lose interest (not refering to Chelsea there), but i really really do love following my sports teams
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Do you enjoy supporting your club ? Empty Re: Do you enjoy supporting your club ?

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Liverpool: Absolutely. There are times some of the fanbase drives me up a wall but in general they're (almost) all good and decent people and the club (discounting the latter stages of the H&G period) has been good to the fans and enjoyable to watch on the pitch.

Chicago Fire: At times it's trying... and right now it's infuriating. Under Klopas the team was frustrating to watch at times but likable off the pitch. At the moment the club is being gutted of the fan-favourite players and younger talents in favour of aging, mediocre, quick-fix journeymen by a manager who's not terribly likable himself while the upper management fails to live up to any of their promises in any meaningful way. There've been several chances to build a proper future and side that have been passed up or screwed up in recent years. Not sure I can say it's enjoyable, currently.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:24 pm

I enjoy following all my clubs, firstly for the entertainment and secondly for the simple interest in how the game is played. Even if results aren't favourable, I've long since stopped letting that have any sort of effect on my life. I still get annoyed and frustrated, but I'm usually over it quickly, so it's very easy for me to continue watching every game. Football, for me, is just a very engaging hobby and not a way of life.

I'm actually enjoying watching football more now than I used to when I was younger, where I used to be a more visceral sort of fan. Being able to watch a game and then discuss it's finer points on here or on Twitter plays a big part, as does being able to connect with several other fans who just went through the same experience. Watching Sevilla allows me to watch and learn more about Spanish football, and following my local team, Southend, gives me a taste of what lower league football is all about and how different it is form top level football. It's all an education and a great pastime.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Barca - I want Rossell out, simple as that.

Over all I shouldn't complain. I started supporting the club ALONG time ago (I'm 31 now), because my dad was a huge fan so I pretty much inherited it. And boy have we come along way since those days. So for that, I am grateful
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm

[Please find another way to phrase that. - RO]

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Potentially offensive content)

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Yes, I love Chelsea and all the fans I have met have been great. I wouldn't change a thing!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm

*sighs* Supporting RWO is a painful thing, especially after being relegated twice within two years and now bobbing up and down in the Regionalliga West (4th division). But it is a matter of principle - it's my hometown team, and enough people here have abandoned RWO to become fans of the bigger teams in the vicinity (mostly Schalke or Dortmund) as they are practically next door, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:56 pm

rwo power wrote:*sighs*  Supporting RWO is a painful thing, especially after being relegated twice within two years and now bobbing up and down in the Regionalliga West (4th division). But it is a matter of principle - it's my hometown team, and enough people here have abandoned RWO to become fans of the bigger teams in the vicinity (mostly Schalke or Dortmund) as they are practically next door, too.

Perhaps you should do the same, Say Stamford Bridge is pretty close (in respect to how close Australian cities are) Maybe you should support Chelsea? Wink
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 pm

If any of you don't enjoy it then you have issues tbh Laughing( apart from RWO and Viva anyway)

Your teams win like 70% of the time lol if you can't enjoy that what can you enjoy.

Anyway no i don't enjoy it really but i'm addicted so what can i say.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 am

Kick wrote:Perhaps you should do the same, Say Stamford Bridge is pretty close (in respect to how close Australian cities are) Maybe you should support Chelsea? Wink
Naw, there would be no incentive for me to support Chelsea, sorry. I might consider watching all BMG matches if Yann Sommer signs there coming season, though (BMG is also almost next door, btw). <3
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 am

I thought the fact we have two world class GK's would be incentive enough.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am

Everytime I finish watching an Inter match I tell myself I dont want to go through this heartache again, im done watching them for the season. A week later and im up at 7AM for some more heartache, so I guess you can say I enjoy supporting my club. Although they are very frustrating to watch atm, anyone who doesnt enjoy supporting their club isnt a real fan.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 am

I enjoy supporting every club.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:31 am

Kick wrote:I thought the fact we have two world class GK's would be incentive enough.
Thibaut Courtois is usually at Atletico, though. And naw, I prefer to watch certain other GKs ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 am

rwo power wrote:
Kick wrote:I thought the fact we have two world class GK's would be incentive enough.
Thibaut Courtois is usually at Atletico, though. And naw, I prefer to watch certain other GKs ^^

So if we had Courtois, Cech and Sommer next season, you'd be Donning the Blue of Chelsea after than I could say Goalkeeper?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:34 am

the xcx wrote:I enjoy supporting every club.
`

Suspect 

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:41 am

Overall I've always enjoyed supporting my clubs ; Barca (since2004), Arsenal(since2005) and Montreal Impact(since last year ) .

Up and downs just like in life.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 am

I always enjoy supporting my clubs, winning or losing: Milan, Adelaide United, and to a lesser extent Reggina, because whilst I support the latter, I don't follow the team as closely as I follow Milan and Adelaide.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:50 am

Kick wrote:So if we had Courtois, Cech and Sommer next season, you'd be Donning the Blue of Chelsea after than I could say Goalkeeper?
LOL, I wouldn't be donning the blue, but I would watch the matches where Yann Sommer starts Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:54 am

Whats up with you and the goalkeepers?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 am

Outside of the few close things/people I love in life, nothing brings me more joy than Liverpool. Football in general is like my religion. I live by it. Every thought I have is somehow tied to football. So yeah I enjoy everything about my club. The history, the struggles, the amazing nights, the fans, the players, the stadium, it's all magical to me. Like I'm living in paradise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 am

Supporting United this season has been an unknown territory for me (and for many, many Utd fans too I presume). For once I know now how it feels to support a club that is just like any other. That invincibilty feeling in the league has vanished. I watch most United matches now not knowing whether we'd win or not. It's very strange and interesting.

I am questioning a United manager for the very first time in my life. Wanting a United manager to get sacked because I feel he's not up to the job. Watching United play boring, negative football without grinding out wins to make up for it. Being underdogs , seeing OT lose it's aura and opposing teams having no fear of us there, losing to teams that haven't beaten at us at OT in 40+ years. Madness!

We've had brief bad patches of spells in recent years under SAF (knocked out of the CL in the group stage in 06, the Djemba Djemba and Kleberson years,) But then, we all felt under the genius of SAF, we'd be alright....and eventually we were ofcourse.
This time under Moyes, there is this uncertainty. We are languishing at 7th place and for the first time in the prem era, we could finish out side the top 4...let alone top 3.

But I love this club very much and I will continue and enjoy supporting it no matter what.

Last edited by RED on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 am

I love supporting Barca, and watching Barca play is probably one of the highlights of my week. Beauty in its most pure form. There are things I dislike and things that are frustrating...every club has its ups and downs, but overall I really enjoy it and supporting Barca gives me a lot of joy. Like Mole said, they win a helluva lot too. I'm of course someone who has yet to see my team go through a lull, so I'm not sure how much that would affect me. Probably too much, however. I shouldn't complain, anyway.

Though they aren't "my club" I definitely try to watch Spurs every week as well and and I do support them I guess. When results don't go the way of Spurs (much more often than Barca), it's easier to brush off, but it's still frustrating at the time. I hope they do well, I just wish Spurs brought back their more attractive football for which they are known. I do enjoy watching Spurs though. Gives me one more game to watch every week.

I say I support Chicago Fire too but honestly I don't watch enough of their games to really say I do. Hopefully I'll fix that this year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 am

Yes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next