Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
zizzle
Onyx
23 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Also, I actually think that Bryan will be inserted into the main event at Mania, not that he deserves it. Mainly because Batista vs Orton would get booed to hell. Nobody wants to see Face Batista vs Orton. I hope Lesnar gets inserted, but Bryan would work too. Batista wins, turns heel the next night, and then feuds with and crushes Bryan in a feud before moving on to Cena or something.

That way fans get to see Bryan in the main event at Mania which is a payoff, but WWE get to continue with the underdog gimmick that works for him and keeps him over for a while longer.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 9 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 9

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:48 pm

The payoff would be him winning the title, which he clearly deserves after his past 8-9 months. Bryan being in the equation is because how over and popular he is. If he wasn't as over as he is, I doubt he'd be beating Cena clean, winning the title and being a contender to main event WM. It's up to the fans to decide who they want main eventing. Also no, Brodus Clay and Fandango didn't get a reaction like Bryan. Lesnar's barely around so he won't be champion and fans dislike Batista. Also Orton and Cena are stale.

Bryan may not be elite at this point due to his past accomplishments, but it's certain he'll be one of the top main eventers in the upcoming years. As I said earlier, no one can really disagree with that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 pm

The idea of a triple thread at the WM main event and the underdog winning the title has been done a couple of times. like Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH and Rey Mysterio vs Angle vs Orton.

You would expect to see some original ideas at a Wrestlemania main event but that's perhaps expecting too much from WWE writers. if Daniel Bryan participate in the main event it'll just show that WWE is seriously lacking top superstars at it's current state.

Giving the title to Daniel Bryan at some point isn't a bad idea, i agree that he needs a push but please don't let this happen at a WM main event.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The payoff would be him winning the title, which he clearly deserves after his past 8-9 months. Bryan being in the equation is because how over and popular he is. If he wasn't as over as he is, I doubt he'd be beating Cena clean, winning the title and being a contender to main event WM. It's up to the fans to decide who they want main eventing. Also no, Brodus Clay and Fandango didn't get a reaction like Bryan. Lesnar's barely around so he won't be champion and fans dislike Batista. Also Orton and Cena are stale.

Bryan may not be elite at this point due to his past accomplishments, but it's certain he'll be one of the top main eventers in the upcoming years. As I said earlier, no one can really disagree with that.

Why does Bryan have to win the title at Mania? he doesn't clearly deserve anything. That spot should (it isn't always unfortunately) be reserved for the few elite. Bryan isn't at that level. Nor would him winning the title at Mania elevate him to that level, that doesn't solve his plethora of deficiencies holding him back from being that caliber.

Him being over, which we've touched on plenty of times, just reinforces my point. They're at the lowest point of all time. In no other era is Bryan over like this or anything more than a mid-card talent. The fault lies with WWE, they shouldn't just say let's make the best with what we've got, they should nurture people who have the potential to be the complete package.

Nothing is certain in wrestling, MT. People felt Ryback would be a top star for years to come. and yes, I and others whose opinion I've read on chat do disagree. There are people you can just look at and say, that guy has potential to be the complete package. Bryan is and will possibly never be one of those people.

Last edited by Firenze on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Pedram wrote:The idea of a triple thread at the WM main event and the underdog winning the title has been done a couple of times. like Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH and Rey Mysterio vs Angle vs Orton.

You would expect to see some original ideas at a Wrestlemania main event but that's perhaps expecting too much from WWE writers. if Daniel Bryan participate in the main event it'll just show that WWE is seriously lacking top superstars at it's current state.

Giving the title to Daniel Bryan at some point isn't a bad idea, i agree that he needs a push but please don't let this happen at a WM main event.

It's been done a few times, but it's not like it happens every year.

WWE lacks top superstars, but having Bryan win the title and hold it will give him the opportunity to become a top superstar. That's the problem with WWE, they don't give younger talent the opportunity, then wonder why there's a lack of main eventers. So they end up with short term fixes every WM.

They have someone with a lot of potential right now who could become a solid main eventer. Someone who's more over than any of their main eventers. Hopefully they don't blow it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Firenze wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:The payoff would be him winning the title, which he clearly deserves after his past 8-9 months. Bryan being in the equation is because how over and popular he is. If he wasn't as over as he is, I doubt he'd be beating Cena clean, winning the title and being a contender to main event WM. It's up to the fans to decide who they want main eventing. Also no, Brodus Clay and Fandango didn't get a reaction like Bryan. Lesnar's barely around so he won't be champion and fans dislike Batista. Also Orton and Cena are stale.

Why does Bryan have to win the title at Mania? he doesn't clearly deserve anything. That spot should (it isn't always unfortunately) be reserved for the few elite. Bryan isn't at that level. Nor would him winning the title at Mania elevate him to that level, that doesn't solve his plethora of deficiencies holding him back from being that caliber.

Him being over, which we've touched on plenty of times, just reinforces my point. They're at the lowest point of all time. In no other era is Bryan over like this or anything more than a mid-card talent. The fault lies with WWE, they shouldn't just say let's make the best with what we've got, they should nurture people who have the potential to be the complete package.

Nothing is certain in wrestling, MT. People felt Ryback would be a top star for years to come. and yes, I and others whose opinion I've read on chat do disagree. There are people you can just look at and say, that guy has potential to be the complete package. Bryan is and will possibly never be one of those people.

Because he's been held down the past 8-9 months storyline wise and he's the most popular superstar in WWE today. The majority of fans want him in the main event. It clearly makes sense for him to get his payoff on the biggest stage. None of the fans want Batista or Orton as champion.

It doesn't matter about previous eras, or how he looks, or his gimmick or anything. The point is he's over and he's the most popular superstar in WWE. That's all that matters.

Ryback should have been a main eventer by now. WWE ruined him by losing to Henry and then turning him heel for no reason. Let's hope they don't ruin Bryan. Plus Bryan's more over than Ryback was.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Is Bryan a ratings draw/money draw? I never check ratings really. Gonna have to look it up.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Currently he is 3rd in merchandise after Cena and CM Punk.

Last edited by M99 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Pedram wrote:The idea of a triple thread at the WM main event and the underdog winning the title has been done a couple of times. like Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH and Rey Mysterio vs Angle vs Orton.

WWE lacks top superstars, but having Bryan win the title and hold it will give him the opportunity to become a top superstar. That's the problem with WWE, they don't give younger talent the opportunity, then wonder why there's a lack of main eventers. So they end up with short term fixes every WM.

They have someone with a lot of potential right now who could become a solid main eventer. Someone who's more over than any of their main eventers. Hopefully they don't blow it.

MT you're viewing the situation from one aspect, your logic says if the superstar is over within the fans, then he should be granted all rights, main eventing at a important PPV and becoming the champions.

I've already stated that to be the ultimate face of WWE, standards are pretty high and Daniel Bryan in my opinion doesn't meet them, however that doesn't mean he can't get there, i'm just saying it's too soon for him to be a WM main eventer, his character isn't so sophisticated that you're trying to make him look like.

And before you repeat the "you didn't watch him fully to understand his gimmick" line again, i followed all of his storylines and know his gimmick well, watching every single episode of RAW isn't the absolute requirement to understand a gimmick, it's not a breaking bad drama type of story lol.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Firenze wrote:Is Bryan a ratings draw/money draw? I never check ratings really. Gonna have to look it up.

He's behind Cena and Punk, and If we take Batista's return as an indication (although thats debatable) he's also behind him. You can say he's on the same level as Randy as far as TV ratings are concerned. That said Bryan was never built up properly like the other guys so at this point we dont really know if he can be the kind of draw the WWE is looking for.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Pedram wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:

MT you're viewing the situation from one aspect, your logic says if the superstar is over within the fans, then he should be granted all rights, main eventing at a important PPV and becoming the champions.

I've already stated that to be the ultimate face of WWE, standards are pretty high and Daniel Bryan in my opinion doesn't meet them, however that doesn't mean he can't get there, i'm just saying it's too soon for him to be a WM main eventer, his character isn't so sophisticated that you're trying to make him look like.

And before you repeat the "you didn't watch him fully to understand his gimmick" line again, i followed all of his storylines and know his gimmick well, watching every single episode of RAW isn't the absolute requirement to understand a gimmick, it's not a breaking bad drama type of story lol.

Bryan's goal isn't to become the 'face' of WWE. No one will with Cena around. Being champion doesn't mean the superstar is 'the face'.

CM Punk for example was champion, but Cena was main eventing with John Laurinaitis, Big Show and Michael Cole. Cena will always be the 'face'.

It's not just the fact that Bryan is over. Storyline wise it also makes sense for Bryan to finally win the title on the big stage. The majority of fans want it and ultimately it's down to them.

Also I never said Bryan's character is sophisticated. I just said it's evolved since he started and the predicaments he's been involved in the past 8-9 months make you want to root for him and finally win the title.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't think he should win at WM

Just because he's been in an underdog storyline, doesn't mean he has to beat the odds on the grandest stage of them all. Let's not forget he's technically a former WWE Champion now, boasting clean wins over Cena AND Orton, it's not like he's been beating Orton one Week and then feuding with fandango the next.

But, it's all irrelevant because Bray Wyatt made DB his bitch :coffee:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:

Bryan's goal isn't to become the 'face' of WWE. No one will with Cena around. Being champion doesn't mean the superstar is 'the face'.

Being a champion doesn't make him the face of the WWE but main eventing in the most important PPV where a lot of people are watching it combined with him becoming the champion certainly makes him one. if the management do this it sends a message to WWE audience that they intend to make him the face of WWE. John Cena is face of the WWE right now but they want to have more than one guy, they had it at the Attitude Era with both Austin and Rock being at the top.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:08 pm

It doesn't send any message at all. It just shows they believe in him and he can be one the top guys and there's nothing wrong with that. Cena will always be the true face.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Mark Crozer, who wrote and performs The Wyatt Family's theme song, announced on Facebook that he will be performing the song at this year's WrestleMania XXX. The post was then later deleted from Facebook.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm

As it should be
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39