Red Alert
Kick
Robespierre
iftikhar
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:52 am

That gif is just glorious Laughing

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:39 am

@BC, we are 6 points off the leaders and still have to play them at home (where we have an amazing record this year). Also CL will start soon and all teams around is have another thing to think about. It's funny how United are 10 pts behind us (yet in top 4 race according to everyone), but us only 6 behind Chelsea and not even in conversation for the big prize. Interesting to note Chelsea n City had their best runs in the PL after December 4th (last CL game). I'm not saying we are in strong chase, but to totally dismiss us is just lure ignorance and hypocracy. To put it in context, our team in 08-09 was 7 points behind Man U at the same stage that season and we ended up challenging and finished on 86 points. People love to hate us for some reason, but hopefully we will be able to shut them all up on the pitch.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:48 am

Natalie Portman wrote:@BC, we are 6 points off the leaders and still have to play them at home (where we have an amazing record this year). Also CL will start soon and all teams around is have another thing to think about. It's funny how United are 10 pts behind us (yet in top 4 race according to everyone), but us only 6 behind Chelsea and not even in conversation for the big prize. Interesting to note Chelsea n City had their best runs in the PL after December 4th (last CL game). I'm not saying we are in strong chase, but to totally dismiss us is just lure ignorance and hypocracy.  To put it in context, our team in 08-09 was 7 points behind Man U at the same stage that season and we ended up challenging and finished on 86 points. People love to hate us for some reason, but hopefully we will be able to shut them all up on the pitch.

We only have one tough away game left, and that is Liverpool. The rest we play at home and Since Jose has never lost there in the league, we're in pretty good shape. You may be 6 points behind, but we've only conceded 1 goal in 2014 and are unbeaten in 10 games. With only one massive away game left, we should pick up plenty of points between now and May, I don't see you guys catching up, honestly. City will be breathing down our necks but while Fernandinho and Aguero are out, they will struggle.

If we can beat Everton, Spurs and Arsenal at home, we'll win the title, for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 am

^ I never said we will win the title kick. I said we are in the "hunt" and not operating in a to totally different league to Arsenal as BC seemed to claim. I, too, think Chelsea will win it. Well , at least simple mathematics and the table and fixture list seems to suggest so.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 am

Lex wrote:We look less likely to drop points vs the "small" teams than Liverpool
But you look far more likely to drop points against "big" clubs... which was sort of my point in switching around Hull and United.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:54 am

IF we win every game for the rest of the season, we'll get top 4, for sure. Hypotheticals mean nothing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 am

McAgger wrote:Saw this one reddit Laughing

Spoiler:
I would add: Ozil's heatmap vs Liverpool
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:00 am

I think Liverpool will get top four, Sherwood is terrible and Utd aren't in the race.

It'll be:
Chelsea/City
City/Chelsea
Arsenal/Liverpool
Liverpool/Arsenal

Our run in looks like this:
Home :  Away
WBA Vs Chelsea
Chelsea Vs Everton

March 2014-
Fulham Vs Chelsea
Chelsea Vs Tottenham
Aston Villa Vs Chelsea
Chelsea Vs Arsenal
Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea

April 2014-
Chelsea Vs Stoke City
Swansea City Vs Chelsea
Chelsea Vs Sunderland
Liverpool Vs Chelsea

May 2014-
Chelsea Vs Norwich City
Cardiff City Vs Chelsea

Big games are in bold and the only away big game is also in Italics.

That is a rather easy run in. We could easily only lose one game. Being against Liverpool. The rest I think we'll win or draw.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:03 am

Busby Babe wrote:Adebayor on AVB

"I told him: 'Your ideas will not help the team'," the 29-year-old said.

"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it's supposed to be.

"I told him one v one and he didn't want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.

Totally justified what AVB did to him now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26099333
What? Nothing wrong with what Adebayor has done. I would've done the same.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:06 am

Kick wrote:

Big games are in bold and the only away big game is also in Italics.

That is a rather easy run in. We could easily only lose one game. Being against Liverpool. The rest I think we'll win or draw.
I think Mourinho will get it right as always :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:08 am

RedOranje wrote:
Lex wrote:We look less likely to drop points vs the "small" teams than Liverpool
But you look far more likely to drop points against "big" clubs... which was sort of my point in switching around Hull and United.
But we have beaten the smaller clubs thus far, whereas Liverpool have thrown away valuable points to teams like Southampton, Swansea and Villa. We've just struggled against the top teams (like we typically do)
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:16 am

With Sherwood there is no way Spurs make a push for the top 4.

Sadly, Sherwood looks too satisfied with a draw, as we saw this past weekend with Spurs dominating Hull but instead of taking off the pieces hindering the squad Sherwood made no effective substitutions at all. This has been the one recurring theme with Sherwood, if he doesn't get it right with the starting XI then the best we can hope to achieve is a draw. Otherwise he doesn't know how to change the tactics of a game through his bench.

He will not be our manager come next season, he is out of his depth.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:28 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:Adebayor on AVB

"I told him: 'Your ideas will not help the team'," the 29-year-old said.

"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it's supposed to be.

"I told him one v one and he didn't want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.

Totally justified what AVB did to him now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26099333
What? Nothing wrong with what Adebayor has done. I would've done the same.

AVB is his boss, it was unprofessional of Adebayor to say that to him, especially in front his own players. He really left him with no choice.

Motogp69 wrote:With Sherwood there is no way Spurs make a push for the top 4.

Sadly, Sherwood looks too satisfied with a draw, as we saw this past weekend with Spurs dominating Hull but instead of taking off the pieces hindering the squad Sherwood made no effective substitutions at all. This has been the one recurring theme with Sherwood, if he doesn't get it right with the starting XI then the best we can hope to achieve is a draw. Otherwise he doesn't know how to change the tactics of a game through his bench.

He will not be our manager come next season, he is out of his depth.

Yep, between Everton and Liverpool now imho

And nope, this not a reverse jinx for those wondering, that's becoming old now
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 am

Everton won't finish above Spurs, they won't even push for Europe unless City manage to win the Capital One Cup and open up another Europa spot.

I'm fairly certain the league will shape out the way we see it now, but with City and Arsenal battling it out for second till the end.

The only hope Spurs have of catching Liverpool is that they have the easiest go of it for the last 6 games. However, we've had an easy schedule to end the season the last few years and haven't done much with it.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 am

The only way I see Spurs finishing ahead of Everton, is due to there squad size. I fully expect Liverpool to finish 4th, with Everton being their closest rival, at least for now. I just think Martinez is way ahead of Sherwood as a manager.

EDIT: Spurs will win tomorrow now and I will look like an idiot Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 am

I disagree about Everton even pushing for top 4, but wholeheartedly agree that Martinez is a much better manager than Sherwood.

However, I'm biased as everyone knows I'm a Martinez/Rodgers fan boy.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 am

0-0 with 2 sending offs would be ideal between Ever-Spuds today.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:01 am

Hoping United get EL next season so they're not completely rested for PL match like we are this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 am

I have more faith in the current United regime purchasing the "latest" World Cup talents to solve their problems and then watching it not pan out at all for another season of mediocrity and unmet expectations.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:04 am

Liverpool to finish above Arsenal. Second half syndrome has kicked in. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:07 am

:coffee:

I'm gonna keep this message hidden and then bump it at the end of the season.

Last edited by McAgger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:09 am

I think Liverpool are the superior "team", neither squad is truly world class, but I'm still not sure Liverpool can maintain the consistency against inferior sides that Arsenal has shown they are adept at dispatching.

City have the talent, but Arsenal are the only team with enough consistency to actually push Chelsea for the title.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 am

Knowing our season, we'd:

> Beat Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea at home.
> Lose to scrubs like United, Fulham, Swansea and West Ham.

:X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 am

Well, at least your back in the Champions League, and you finally finished above Everton again :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 am

Everton's DVD of the 'the golden years' have come to an end. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:24 am

Lex wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
But we have beaten the smaller clubs thus far, whereas Liverpool have thrown away valuable points to teams like Southampton, Swansea and Villa. We've just struggled against the top teams (like we typically do)

You keep saying this as though it's some big important revelation that completely invalidates my post... but it doesn't. It is, in fact, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING. We may have dropped points against "small" sides (though Sotton seems a bit of an odd inclusion there, given Arsenal dropped points to them and they were in the top 4 or so at the time we played them) but Arsenal are dropping points Liverpool haven't against "big" sides. And in matches that are, ostensibly, "6 pointers" unlike the matches against the "small" sides.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next