S
rwo power
VendettaRed07
McAgger
RealGunner
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fulham have appointed Felix Magath as their First Team Manager  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham have appointed Felix Magath as their First Team Manager

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 4:59

>Steve Clarke
>Mackay
>AVB
>Martin Jol
>Rene
>Holloway?

So many managers be getting sacked just after or a game after losing to us. Laughing

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Fulham have appointed Felix Magath as their First Team Manager  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham have appointed Felix Magath as their First Team Manager

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 7:57

Basically Fulham appointed the German Harry Redknapp... bye bye Fulham it was good to have in the Premier League.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 12:52

A shame this didn't happen earlier. Magath would've gotten Deuce into much better shape than he'll be in when he returns to Seattle.

Never liked Magath as a manager myself though. Tactics have always been rubbish.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 12:58

RedOranje wrote:Still would have taken him with open arms at Anfield in January, though with our shift in formation and Coutinho's resurgence (and Allen's return to fitness) the need is much less pressing.

Would still take him tbh.

But I'd rather Hamsik.  drunken 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:00

"They have hit the panic button on emotion and fear - but hey ho, that's football," Meulensteen told BBC Sport.

That's Fulham going down. Clubs a joke. Feel for Martin Jol. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:47

Magath ffs

Fulham are a worse circus than Speerz and that takes some doing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:57

Arquitescu wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I still don't understand how Spurs failed to use him, it's not like they even remotely got a better player for the positions Holtby is good at.

Need us touch upon that point?

-Same Spurs who have criminally misused Erik Lamela?

-Same Spurs who use Christian Eriksen as a left winger in a 4-4-2?

-Same Spurs who attempt at square pegs in round holes with Soldado?

Questioning the use of their players is like asking Angela Merkel to cease using that god damn word, alternativlos.

Listen to this man, he knows my pain, but I live it :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 13:59

Everytime I hear/see Eriksen's name I shed a tear. Alberto. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 21 Feb 2014 - 13:36

Felix Magath could be the first dictator who needs a revolution. As he eases himself in at Craven Cottage as Fulham's third manager of the season, stories of his uncompromising approach are aplenty. Sending players on energy-sapping runs through the Bavarian wilderness and allegedly hiding their water bottles, handing out mammoth fines for missed headers and back passes, the tales are myriad. Magath simply smiled and said: "I am a nice guy, very nice … no one died."

Some solace then for Fulham's players, who were called in for extra training last weekend after the German's surprise appointment on Friday. They can expect more of the same between now and May, with Magath given just 12 games to salvage a dire season that has left Fulham rooted to the bottom of the Premier League and four points from safety.

His task begins in earnest on Saturday away against West Bromwich Albion, a side struggling in 17th place. Yet the three-times Bundesliga winner first held talks about taking over two weeks ago, before the matches against Manchester United and Liverpool, René Meulensteen's last in charge.

Fulham insist that Meulensteen was not a dead man walking, saying they still harboured hopes of a turnaround during those two games – a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford and a 3-2 home defeat – which coincidentally provided some of the club's best performances in recent months. Magath's four-hour meeting in London 9 days ago with the owner, Shahid Khan, and chief executive, Alistair Mackintosh, suggests a plan C was already in motion.

Either way, Khan and Mackintosh have opted for one final throw of the dice in a desperate bid to avoid relegation. In doing so, they have turned to a man with a fierce reputation.

"Why I should change my training? I am the most successful coach of Germany," said Magath. "Until now everyone has lived [through] my training. No one died. Ask Raúl about my work. Ask the good players and you will get the right answers. I am a nice guy.

"The most important thing for me is to begin to work as fast as we can. I called them into work on Sunday to give us time to get to know each other. The players have to know me and they have to try to understand what I want.

"We have to work, to stay together and fight against relegation. That is all [we have to do] in the next few weeks. I have worked with some clubs who were on the bottom and I was never relegated. I am sure we will avoid relegation.

"I don't care about the past and I have no influence in the past. I have seen where we are in the table and I have to see where it can be improved. I don't care about other managers, I have my way of playing."

Magath has a fine coaching record in the Bundesliga, with successful periods at Bayern, Wolfsburg and Schalke. He has targeted six victories from the remaining fixtures if Fulham are to remain in the top flight, and will probably not care if he ruffles a few feathers along the way.

The former striker Jan Aage Fjortoft, who played under Magath at Eintracht Frankfurt, recounts tales of colleagues collapsing on training runs, while the Bayern president, Uli Hoeness, recently said: "I would never want to treat human beings like he does."

Magath has already acted swiftly in severing the club's ties with its previous coaching staff. Meulensteen, Alan Curbishley and Ray Wilkins have departed and, while he did not speak with Meulensteen directly, he did have a conversation with Curbishley, the former technical director.

"For Fulham to avoid relegation it [their departures] was a must," Magath said. "If you give the players a sign that [they are] starting from the beginning then you have also to send somebody away. I think it's best for Fulham."

On his meeting with Khan, Magath added: "He's a very impressive person and I'm sure that he is the right man for Fulham. He's not satisfied. He told me he has given the managers all they want from the beginning of the season. He was totally surprised he [the club] was in last place."

Waving his arms, gesticulating and inadvertently knocking over microphones, Magath claimed that he hoped to sprinkle some Bundesliga magic on the Premier League's bottom side. If he can steer Fulham clear of the drop zone it would arguably rank alongside some of his best achievements during an impressive 20-year managerial career.

He said: "I hope I can show you that being a little bit German, it's not so bad for the players."

Methods aside, the first German manager in Premier League history is sure to make an impression.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/20/felix-magath-fulham-target-avoid-relegation

The part bolded, in italics, and underlined..... rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun 23 Feb 2014 - 2:07

Magath means second coming of Richardson and dejagah getting some fame soon , not entirely sure who holtby was beforehand , but seems an alright player , I will follow Fulham and see if magath can save them or not
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun 23 Feb 2014 - 3:43

We should start the countdown to a death in London  :coffee: 
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun 23 Feb 2014 - 3:45

ioilersrock448 wrote:We should start the countdown to a death in London  :coffee: 
Why? To quote Magath: "I am a nice guy, very nice … no one died."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum