Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software? Empty Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

A.k.a move from forumotion to say IPS? (Which is much better, I assure you --> http://www.invisionpower.com/)

Seems like that might cost money so may not be the most feasible but surely there's something out there?

Disregard this if its already been considered in the past. Just a suggestion from me.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software? Empty Re: Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software?

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Vbulletin is by far the best forum software imo. There was a discussion about this before and I think it was decided it would be too much hassle to move.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software? Empty Re: Is it possible to move this forum to another client/software?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Can you show me an example of a forum that uses it?

IPS forums, from what I've seen are very large. Threads can contain up to 40 posts per page too(as opposed to 17 on forumotion). Best I've seen, personally.

No idea if it has chat though hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:03 pm

from what i heard, invisionpower is easily hacked if you know what your doing.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

I don't know about better, but at least I don't feel like my experience is being hindered by the forum software here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't know about better, but at least I don't feel like my experience is being hindered by the forum software here.
It could certainly be better.

The main problem I have with it is not being able to access it on something like Tapatalk(all other forums I use are on it) because the mobile web version is awful.

Asides that, I don't have any other real issues but it could certainly be a better experience.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down