VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
MJ
EL Patron
Jay29
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern Munich: Another case of "what if" in Europe - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern Munich: Another case of "what if" in Europe

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Well didn't post last night. Didn't want to say anything OTT or crazy or something.

Now all I can say is what happened, happened. And that's it. Tough luck for us it might be, but it happened.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern Munich: Another case of "what if" in Europe - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern Munich: Another case of "what if" in Europe

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:Well didn't post last night. Didn't want to say anything OTT or crazy or something.

Now all I can say is what happened, happened. And that's it. Tough luck for us it might be, but it happened.

I am over the game, if we play the way we played against Bayern, I think we could win the league. We have not played that well for a while now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Glad that most of us aren't dwelling on the result. It didn't reflect how the game would have gone 11 v 11. I hope the players and majority of fans realize this and continue playing/supporting with full confidence.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Great play by Sanogo here

http://vimeo.com/87132678
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:Great play by Sanogo here

I know you guys are getting sick of me putting Giroud down, but Sanogo is better option for us than Giroud. From Liverpool to Bayern the boy really did us proud. I hope he keeps playing and scores a goal or 2 in the next few games.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 pm

I wouldn't go that far man.

Sanogo has been playing a lot better than we expected. But he is still a kid. Giroud as bad as he has been, is far more experienced and a French international.

I think Giroud is being punished for his off-pitch behaviour which is perfectly fine but long term Giroud is going to start for us with Sanogo back up.

However Sanogo has shown great promise and if he can get his sharpness back. He can become the next Adebayor.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:I wouldn't go that far man.

Sanogo has been playing a lot better than we expected. But he is still a kid. Giroud as bad as he has been, is far more experienced and a French international.

I think Giroud is being punished for his off-pitch behaviour which is perfectly fine but long term Giroud is going to start for us with Sanogo back up.

However Sanogo has shown great promise and if he can get his sharpness back. He can become the next Adebayor.

+1

Hopefully We get a striker during the summer, i don't want him to be thrown in the deep end like we did with Ramsey, Jack and others. He needs to improve at his own pace without Arsenal fans knee jerking every time he has a bad game.

Last edited by EL Patron on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Just two games, let's calm the hype a bit. Giroud is still first choice and with good reason.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm in love with Sanogo already. Haha.  Laughing 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:59 pm

posted his full performance in multimedia thread

give him a year(injury free one) and will surpass Giroud
his movement is already good but still learning

then next target should be reaching Adebayor of 2007 Level (not that post 09 mercenary one hopefully)
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:01 am

MJGunner wrote:Just two games, let's calm the hype a bit. Giroud is still first choice and with good reason.
I am not really hyping him up. He may be inexperienced, but he surely looks a faster and better player to Giroud. His work rate is also better, He fresh, young and eager to prove himself. Against Liverpool he bullied two very experienced center backs and we need that, we all saw what Giroud did against United and Liverpool.

In the summer we must buy 2 strikers and send Sanogo on a loan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:14 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Just two games, let's calm the hype a bit. Giroud is still first choice and with good reason.
I am not really hyping him up. He may be inexperienced, but he surely looks a faster and better player to Giroud. His work rate is also better, He fresh, young and eager to prove himself. Against Liverpool he bullied two very experienced center backs and we need that, we all saw what Giroud did against United and Liverpool.

In the summer we must buy 2 strikers and send Sanogo on a loan.

yes, but can he actually score goals, finish?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:14 am

Sina wrote:posted his full performance in multimedia thread

give him a year(injury free one) and will surpass Giroud
his movement is already good but still learning

then next target should be reaching Adebayor of 2007 Level (not that post 09 mercenary one hopefully)

If he can work on his passing, he would be a great striker for many years to come.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:29 am

Said it before, but Sanogo is reminding me a lot of Adebayor. It took Adebayor a season and a half at Arsenal before really finding his scoring touch, but even before then he showed promising signs with his mobility and strength. He was a handful.

Right now, that's all Sanogo is. He works hard, puts himself about and can cause defenders grief because he's physical. Technically, though, you can see he has a long way to go. Moreover, moving to support your team mates is all well and good, but does he have that killer movement that a striker needs to have?

There's talent there, but any talk of him replacing Giroud for the remainder of the season needs to stop, because no matter how maligned Giroud is right now, he's still a far more complete player than Sanogo, and a player who's played considerably more games this season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 am

wonder where he would be if not hampered by injuries
nearly became postman ffs Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:09 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Great play by Sanogo here

I know you guys are getting sick of me putting Giroud down, but Sanogo is better option for us than Giroud. From Liverpool to Bayern the boy really did us proud. I hope he keeps playing and scores a goal or 2 in the next few games.
I's rather see Bendtner
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:27 am

All I am saying is giroud should not walk in to line up. Giroud must earn his place, he looks too comfortable and no competition made him look like a god. He should kiss the ground every time he starts. His carrier is on the line in the next few months.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:43 am

In terms of pecking order, it goes Giroud>>>Bendtner>>>Sanogo

Giroud is big, strong, experienced and can score goals. Sure,he's going through a rough (ROUGH) patch right now, but if we get to a cup final, he's the one you want on the pitch out of the three

Bendtner is bigger and stronger than Giroud and is better in the air, but lacks both experience and composure, as well as attitude. Still not a bad choice

Sanogo is the greenest out of the three. He's a monster and can mix it up with any centre back in the league, but he couldn't hit a barn door with a cannon. He looks uneasy everytime he has the ball
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 am

Hope fifa upgrade his stats.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 am

Better have 94 strength ffs
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:17 pm

There is no what-if's on this one.

Bayern's movement and play was too much for Arsenal and because of this, the GK resorted to last ditch defending which is too often *rewarded* in the English PL.

Bayern is the fitter, sharper and more confident team, the six week winter break gives an already great team an advantage.

Arsenal's only hope is to play well and hope they punish Bayern for any lapses from their players to get the 2 goals the gooners need for ET and PKs.

I'll fancy Arsenal in a PK shoot out over open play against Bayern.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2