rwo power
Arquitecto
DeletedUser#1
S
Forza
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

That 4th CL spot "controversy" between Germany and Italy - Page 5 Empty Re: That 4th CL spot "controversy" between Germany and Italy

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Well Louis didn't just bench him an entire year, he was also injured for half of that.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

That 4th CL spot "controversy" between Germany and Italy - Page 5 Empty Re: That 4th CL spot "controversy" between Germany and Italy

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well Louis didn't just bench him an entire year, he was also injured for half of that.

really? I thought I remembered Van Gaal was like 'Tymoshchuk? Gomez? These were brought in before I had a say :coffee:", and then annoyed our bosses by constantly starting Olic
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 am

Tymo was never good enough. He was 30-31 when he came in. Too slow, average passing ability, no technical skills. Never fit in the DM Spot. Van Bommel was already captain and a true leader. Even then he was old LVG did not hesistate to remoce MVB.

Gomez was a poacher and injured for a while. LVG had a young Muller whom he liked. Olic was amazing in 2009-10, no reason to bench him. Klose was good too.

Gomez was back in 2010-11 season scoring so many goals. He fought for his spot. Had nothing to "Hey I did not buy him".

LVG did not buy Ribery or Schweni either.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 am

what are we talking about? that Gomez was crazy expensive and was not used as a regular starter by Van Gaal in his first year. That was my point.  Rolling Eyes 

We can move back to topic now, unless you want to continue to disagree.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:24 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:what are we talking about? that Gomez was crazy expensive and was not used as a regular starter by Van Gaal in his first year. That was my point.  Rolling Eyes 

We can move back to topic now, unless you want to continue to disagree.

35M is a very reasonable price for a Proven Goal Scoring Forward. It is only expensive for Bayern as they spend wisely.

Compared to a Chelsea,Madrid, Barca, etc it is peanuts. 35M must not mean he has to start in his 1st year. The price tag does not mean he has to start even if other players perform better than him

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5