Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Doc
Arquitecto
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Renaissance of Karim Benzema under Carlo Ancelotti  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Renaissance of Karim Benzema under Carlo Ancelotti

Post by chad4401 Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Agreed with the latest post mainly sports that benz need to keep polishing his skillset mainly the pure 9 parts, he has now reached very good level imo, his movements, runs and aerial game are finally becoming strengths, to go along with the 9.5 style, again kudos to carlo and zidane for actually helping and improving our players, than running to the media to complain about wanting new players Laughing.

arq he doesn't need to be that ruthless, since he is a calculated shooter, he just need to get his finishing to a higher level, he is getting chances more often now and he ain't deferring to cr all the time like before, he has confidence to take games into his hands and get the job done, needs to keep that mindset, a long with the intensity and improve upon it.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Renaissance of Karim Benzema under Carlo Ancelotti  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Renaissance of Karim Benzema under Carlo Ancelotti

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:53 pm

McLewis wrote:Great stuff first of all, Arq. Paints a very vivid picture of Benzema's rise.

Next and in response to Le Sam's last post....is it possibly that Carletto is misinterpreting Benz as reserved instead of shy?

Most people who are called "shy" really aren't. They're just introverted and reserved. I get the impression that Benz falls in this category. They are not fiery personalities so I highly doubt he'll be one of those guys that throws his weight around on the pitch like Carletto wants him to. People like that just aren't wired that way.

I've seen frustration get to him occasionally, but it takes ridiculous stuff like repeatedly ignoring him on the pitch in an effort to prop up Kaka, while we're losing, to get to him.

It shouldn't be you throw weight around, it should be you look at who uses the ball well, and pass to that guy when he's open. Decisions should be natural. The last thing you want is people to start forcing the ball into him, that's as derisive as what occurs now.

Bale has suprised me, he thinks very well, his actions on the pitch are measured, even if his tangible skills let him down. Ronaldo is different, I'm not sure he makes more positive than negative touches, because he isolates the game to his own battles. He can't get past a fullback to save his life, but the three stepovers allowing defenses to settle are seemingly a good idea.

I feel bad for it, because he's improved so much, and he plays for the team much more, but the way he plays holds back others. Benz is the opposite, I like to call him a positive externatlities player, when he's doing well it's much more likely everyone else will be.

So when Ronaldo, Modric, Marcelo or whoever else see him open, that should be their thought. They shouldn't have to wait on Benz to scream at them to think.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:01 am

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:21 am

Dem tier 2 skills Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 am

Sell the scrub to Arsenal and sign Falcao/Cavani/Suarez/Mandzukic/Remy, do the right thing uncle Flo Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:37 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Fabulous Proud

He had a very rough start to the season imo but overall he's been very good.

He's one or two steps away from being the best striker he can be but as of right now he's playing at a high level.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 am

The Cat  :bow: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:21 am

The Renaissance of Karim Benzema under Carlo Ancelotti  - Page 3 79002588983497537949
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Taking on the top dog role with NT.... taking PKs and forcing his personality on play.  Big, big step if he can keep this up through the WC.

Tonight, DD asked him to play the 9 the whole first half and then let him a little more freedom in second half.  Did the job.  Scored a double and basically had the 3rd.

If he really embraces this featured role like he did his first game, should he stay at Madrid?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:09 am

He is going to stay anyway, because all the people that matter want him to stay: Him, Zidane, Carlo and perez, so that's what will happen. The other directors that plant the Suarez stories and ask perez to sign suarez have lost already.

I think it's fair to assume that he turned a corner in his career and he will only improve. So what he needs madrid to do, is to sign a proper back CF so that he doesnt play all games in the season with no rest. Someone like Drogba would be a beautiful back up.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 am

how about fred ?

benzema played his best football with fred sitting on the bench  :coffee: 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks Sports.

In my eyes, Karim actually scored a hat-rick as I cannot see how the 2nd goal was an own-goal; it being awarded to the Honduras is harsh on both Benzema and whatever-his-name-is (probably Palacios).

Yet looking beyond that we saw Deschamps place Benzema in a role to which I personally do not like to see of him; one that is there to purely extract goals and not make use of his other facets to which he contributes to the game. Benzema at first looked rather uncomfortable and lacked 'grinta' yet the penalty shot catalysed a further series of movement suited for what Deschamps utilized Benzema for. 2nd goal was a piece of marvellous technique while the third, was a signal that Benz is ready to make his mark in the tournament. All goals well deserved.

Though I still do not see this as his optimal role as like Balotelli; he may score consistently in a #9 role yet both parties are better playing off a pillar than leading the line.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Well... the thing is that he needs to play like this with France.  Greizmann and Valbuena are guys who do really great when there's a focal point on the attack.  If Benz dezones too much, it wouldn't work for the rest of the attacking players.  Also, Pogba and Cabaye have big long range shots.  You want the CBs to worry about Benz and sit lower.  Opens up room for them too.

So in terms of putting the pieces of this particular team together, i understand why DD uses Benz this way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:Well... the thing is that he needs to play like this with France.  Greizmann and Valbuena are guys who do really great when there's a focal point on the attack.  If Benz dezones too much, it wouldn't work for the rest of the attacking players.  Also, Pogba and Cabaye have big long range shots.  You want the CBs to worry about Benz and sit lower.  Opens up room for them too.

So in terms of putting the pieces of this particular team together, i understand why DD uses Benz this way.

Oh no, I completely understand the premise behind Deschamp's idea; essentially using Benzema somewhat in his Lyon role and too lead the line yet it is somewhat disappointing that he cannot find a role in his more structured system that utilizes all of his strengths. Though doing that would admittedly dis-balance the semantic and not just due to the tactics but the players around them in what they offer.

Fortunately, his physical fitness looked the best I've seen in YEARS yesterday as I'm sure that is one step towards successful adaptation.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:40 pm

World Class.

Really baffles me how little some rate him, you won't believe how many people on twitter i have seen say Giroud is better lmfao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:World Class.

Really baffles me how little some rate him, you won't believe how many people on twitter i have seen say Giroud is better lmfao.

When a tornado approaches, a tempered individual would travel the opposite direction. Yet amongst them are the few who travel towards the climatic storm; not to hone their adrenal glands, yet simply to stand out from the ones who chose safety and shout atop the mountain for validation.

Giroud is a good striker and offers things that Benzema does not but I agree, it is absurd to call him better than Karim.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Really needs to come to an agreement for that new contract.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Really needs to come to an agreement for that new contract.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 pm

having a great world cup
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:17 am

From cat to lion
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:35 am

they are stealing all his goals ffs. Benz just needed Ribery to fck off from the NT and he would perform again
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Best player at the WC, all the haters are mad right now Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Been robbed 2 goals  Evil or Very Mad 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Bénin wrote:Been robbed 2 goals  Evil or Very Mad 

An own goal = getting robbed Laughing
Also that ref call FT before the cross even came in.

Im all for Benz but lets chill with this robbery, Want him to win the Golden boot over Muller
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:34 pm

He should have 5 goals :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:04 am

If algeria had him their attack would be fking scary. Forget nasri actually, feghouli and bentaleb are better fits for this team. Their attack is actually better then france bar benzema Laughing

Anyways, im glad karim is doing work with france. Rooting for france now to an extent just because of him Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next