Nedved
Art Morte
fatman123
Kick
Shed
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Empty Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Shed Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Tumblr_n1vwq3wRGE1ruhh4yo1_1280
-

Chelsea will play host to bitter London rivals Tottenham at Stamford Bridge
on Saturday, March the 8ᵗʰ.
-

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Tumblr_n1rvjvFG6w1ruhh4yo1_1280

Premier League Matchday 29 sees Chelsea host loathed London rivals Tottenham at Stamford Bridge in a London derby that promises to be as entertaining as it undoubtedly is important. Both sides are right in the thick of their respective battles this season – Spurs for a coveted Top 4 place come season's-end, Chelsea for the title – and will in turn be looking to take full points from Saturday's affair. The game between the two earlier in the season at White Hart Lane was an exciting spectacle even despite its ultimate 1-1 stalemate, in keeping with many of the games between the 2 sides in recent seasons, and fans of the two London outfits and neutrals alike will doubtless be hoping the same proves the case of the weekend's clash as well.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841749207

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841749335
Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841750478

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841750977

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841751697

The corresponding fixture last season in a massively crucial Top 4 head-to-head with just over a week left to the Premier League season in May saw the sides play out a 2-2 draw in the third to last gameweek of the domestic campaign. Chelsea took the lead early on after just over 10 minutes through an Oscar header at the back-post off a Juan Mata corner, but a sensational wonder-goal from Emmanuel Adebayor 15 minutes later drew the visitors level. Ramires struck again for Chelsea some 13 minutes later to restore the Blues' lead going into the interval, but a late goal from Gylfi Sigurðsson 10 minutes from time denied Rafa Benitez's men both a win and qualification that night to the Champions League next season.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841753899

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 811718733

The reverse fixture this season in late September produced much the same result. In a game that saw apprentice vs mentor as André Villas-Boas went head to head with former boss José Mourinho for the first time since their infamous split and falling out 4 years before, Spurs took the lead just under 20 minutes in through Gylfi Sigurðsson to put the home side deservedly in front of the abject Blues; but, with the introduction of Juan Mata at the interval, the visitors were much the better side from then on out, and justifiably leveled with an equaliser 25 minutes from full-time off the head of John Terry to hand both sides a fair point.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841566307

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841566392

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 841566463

___
-

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur HalfEcstaticAndeancockoftherock

Both sides played out victories over the two worst-placed teams in the League in 19th-placed Cardiff City and rock bottom Fulham in their Matchday 28 fixtures the weekend previous. Chelsea traveled just down the road to Craven Cottage when they triumphed 3-1 over Fulham courtesy of a hat-trick from André Schurrle, while Spurs beat diabolical, free-falling Cardiff City via a first goal from open play for Roberto Soldado after almost 6½ months of trying.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Tumblr_n1vw80BJps1ruhh4yo1_1280

Mike Oliver has been assigned as referee for this match.

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Tumblr_n1u6p1PI2r1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1730 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Kick Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Would love for us to get another win.

There is only 30 point available to us now so we've gotta take each one.

I can't see us losing though. Not at home.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Empty Re: Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by fatman123 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:07 am

This game isnt the same with our old mate Villy B on the other side Sad That said, Tim 'I'm still an Arsenal fan' Shrewood does complete the trifecta of clowns to manage Spuds since 2008 Laughing

This game is a must win, as we're still level on points with City and this is a real chance to knock out Arsenal good and proper. Spuds are good enough for a point if we dont play well too so we really have to be better then we were v Fulham and Gala.

Hopefuly Mou doesnt start Ramires
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:10 am

Sherwood won't out wit Jose, that is for sure.

Jose just has to get the tactics right and we'll win.

Has Ramires really been that bad?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:12 am

Ramires has been a headless chicken of the highest order for a while now, he really frustrates me.

The more i think about it the mroe likely i think it is Ramires will start too, as if Spuds play with two up top Mou wont give the fullbacks even the slightest bit of attacking responsibility which will in turn mena he'd want someone like Ramires in the mids to get up and down and cover the extra distance that Lampard or Mikel wouldnt
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:15 am

I think I'd rather have Lampard starting tbh.

We're at home, we'll look to dominate the ball and there is no better combo than Matic-Lampard for that.

Bring on Ramires at about the 60th minute for some engery in midfield if we need it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:11 am

The only way I can see you drop points is if this ends 0 - 0.

I was so close to getting my wish right in the Everton game, I deserve it to be granted this time  Sad 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:19 pm

José Mourinho in new attack over Tottenham fixture switch:
Jose Mourinho has criticised the decision to televise Chelsea’s match with Tottenham on Saturday night rather than Sunday afternoon
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-in-new-attack-over-chelseatottenham-fixture-switch-9165590.html

"It is harder for them [the players] than for me, I sit on the bench. This week is going to be even worse [than last]."

"[The players are travelling to] South Africa, United States, Portugal for others. Okay, some England players will be at Wembley but it is still a match on Wednesday and we play on Saturday, which I don’t understand."
"We don’t play Champions League next week and I don’t understand why we don’t play on Sunday. I want somebody to tell me that we play Saturday because of this and this and this but nobody tells me."

“Clearly, I don’t understand why we don’t play Tottenham on Sunday. Tottenham have a Europa League match on the [following] Thursday so they don’t need to play on Saturday. They also have a few players in the national teams, not just us."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:50 pm

I think we will win 2-1 or 2-0.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 pm

I can understand Jose but I prefer it to be on Saturday.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Idk what the difference either way is. The game is sandwiched in between 2 full free weeks without a mid-week game so what difference does if it's on Saturday or Sunday make?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:55 pm

They players have international games. Jose is thinking about that, clearly.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 pm

I suppose (why do I keep forgetting about themPremier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur ..%5CSkins%5Cdefault%5Cimages%5Cemoticons%5CEmoticon%20-%20head%20against%20wall )
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah, they annoy me.

Mid week ones especially.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm

And pointless friendlies, most of all Rolling Eyes
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Yeah international breaks fricking suck.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard should be fit for Spurs clash, Belgian winger says:
Chelsea star Eden Hazard believes he will be fit for this weekend's Premier League clash with Tottenham despite the knock he sustained in Wednesday's international friendly
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9198854/premier-league-chelsea-playmaker-eden-hazard-should-be-fit-for-spurs-clash

"It hurt, but I think I can play this weekend."

"After 20 seconds I got a kick. A nice welcome, but I'm not worried about the injury."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Good news indeed. We can't really afford to lose Eden.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Cole and Luiz OUT

Hazard fine
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 pm

'Pressure is off' Tottenham ahead of Saturday clash with Chelsea due to Spurs' abysmal record at Stamford Bridge, says boss Sherwood:
Spurs have not won at Stamford Bridge in over 23 years, and manager Tim Sherwood says that appalling record in West London means the pressure is off his Tottenham team ahead of their upcoming trip there this weekend
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9201122/appalling-record-at-chelsea-means-pressure-is-off-spurs-says-tim-sherwood
-

"What's happened in the past we have to put to the back of our minds. We have to go there and impose ourselves and hopefully get a positive result."

"But there's absolutely no pressure on the boys because our record there is so bad, so we can go there, take the shackles off and enjoy the day."
-

Getting our excuses in early, are we Timmy boy Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 pm

rofl

Basically preparing an 'I told you so' speech for when we hammer them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Kick wrote:rofl

Basically preparing an 'I told you so' speech for when we hammer them.

Great, now you've jinxed us Premier League - Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur 2276801876

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't believe in Jinx's, I believe in Jose :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:52 pm

^ Famous last words :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:56 pm

You think Jose's unbeaten run at SB is going to end because I said we're going to win? rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next