Art Morte
Lex
DeletedUser#1
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
70 posters

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V8 - Page 31 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V8

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers remained keen to play down his side's title chances despite their impressive 3-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Two Steven Gerrard penalties and a late finish from Luis Suarez secured the three points for the visitors, but it could have been worse for United, who had Nemanja Vidic sent off, if Liverpool's captain had not missed his third spot-kick of the afternoon.

Liverpool are now up to second in the Premier League with a game in hand over leaders Chelsea who they trail by four points and are still to play at Anfield.

Rodgers has previously claimed that the Reds were not in the title race this season and, although he was more positive after the Old Trafford victory, he opted to stay cautious when talking about silverware.

"It's exactly the same," he told Sky Sports. "I think we're a developing side. We're probably a year ahead of where we've been but that's testament to the players and how quickly they're adapting to the methods.

"The biggest difference is that we're believing all the time. You come here, you win 3-0 playing like we did today and it's another statement in terms of where the team is going.

"I repeat (what I said) before, we could win the next nine games and still not win it but certainly our focus now will be to get ready.

"We've got a tough game against Cardiff next week away and it's five games on the spin now. Terrific results against tough opponents and we've just got to keep it going.

"I think that we're coming into a real strong stage of the season. We did the same last year and we're doing the same this year.

"I think as the players work together, the personalities connect, they understand how we want to work. They're improving all the time.

"The beauty of this team is we have a lot of young players that are improving. We remain humble as a team and as a group and we'll manage the expectations.

"The only expectation is to win the next game and that's what we'll look to do. Everyone's got tough games.

"We've had a tough game today, we've done our job and that's all we can concentrate on. If we continue to do that, let's see where it takes us."

The result ensured that Liverpool secured a league double over their bitter rivals and Rodgers was full of praise for his side's display.

"I thought we were outstanding, the dominance in the game was very apparent from the beginning right the way through," he said.

"We obviously created lots of chances, we scored three goals, missed a penalty unfortunately, but we could have had three or four more, so I think we were clearly the dominant team.

"I think as a team, first and foremost, we controlled the ball. I thought in particular in the second half we were better with the ball, combined greater and obviously we're a very aggressive team going forward.

"We set up to defend well and obviously we attack in numbers as well and I think that aggression and confidence in our game is clear to see.

"To come here and to get a result like that and a performance like that is very good. I thought our focus and composure today was very good.

"We've had a terrific season and for 14 or 15 months we've been excellent so to come here, I remember coming here last season and playing okay but Man United were the better team.

"But I think the development in our side was clear today and you could see the players' confidence."

Asked if Daniel Sturridge had dived for the third penalty, Rodgers replied: "I think he's anticipating the contact. I think it's one where he's gone over expecting it but he certainly hasn't dived."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V8 - Page 31 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V8

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:4th seems secured now kinda. Need to give it all for the FA Cup.

F*ck 4th mate, title race is back on if you ask me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:26 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
RealGunner wrote:4th seems secured now kinda. Need to give it all for the FA Cup.

Not without Ozil, Ramsey or Wilshere.

Chelsea would have scored 3-4 or City.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Not without Ozil, Ramsey or Wilshere.

Lol you're pessimistic.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Realist Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Hopefully United can do a job against City next week.

Moyes Everton always won well against City at home
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1535022_730280180337582_583408048_n.jpg

#PLselfie
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Wayne Rooney admits that Manchester United's defeat to Liverpool at Old Trafford ranks as 'one of my worst days' in the sport.

The United striker could not hide his dismay following the 3-0 debacle, during which Steven Gerrard netted two penalties for the visitors before Luis Suarez scored late on.

The 28-year-old told MUTV: "It's one of the worst days I've ever had in football.

"It's hard to take. You have to give Liverpool credit - they played well - but it's difficult to take.

"Nobody wants to lose, especially in this way, in your own stadium. It's not nice."

As for the match itself, he added: "To go behind by one penalty was hard to take.

"We had a game plan for the second half, which went out the window when they got the second penalty so early on.

"It made it an uphill battle to come back. I thought after that we had a couple of chances where I thought, if we got one, we could have gone for a second and maybe we could have done it.

"I haven't seen the penalties back again but from where I was standing on the pitch I don't think we can argue with them."

United's season will be effectively ended if they fail to overturn a two-goal deficit in Wednesday's Champions League clash at Old Trafford against Olympiakos who won the first leg 2-0.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Think your hoping a bit much lol.

Can't see Moyes side causing City any problems what so ever.

Moyes' team is eerily similar to Pardew's in the way it plays imo. No real idea of how they're going to score goals, as though the team is set up to stop the opposition only and simply relies on the team (and individuals) knowing what to do as they go forward. Essentially, pass it around aimlessly until someone does something.

That win against Arsenal was an utter fluke, just like any Pardew big game win is.... be shocked if they do anything against anyone relevant.

They are a mere name now and its so glorious Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:49 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi3qy4KIIAARneq.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not without Ozil, Ramsey or Wilshere.

We won't play the same way against City at home obviously, and Chelsea's attack doesn't scare me tbh.

If we get a good result at Stamford Bridge (and that's a big if tbf) we are right on track and even if we don't we have a chance seeing how Chelsea/City are dropping points against weaker opposition.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi3qy4KIIAARneq.jpg
Absolutely tragic Laughing

Hoping they do something against Liverpool.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Please please a draw betwen Chelsea b Arsenal next week !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Think your hoping a bit much lol.

Can't see Moyes side causing City any problems what so ever.

Moyes' team is eerily similar to Pardew's in the way it plays imo. No real idea of how they're going to score goals, as though the team is set up to stop the opposition only and simply relies on the team (and individuals) knowing what to do as they go forward. Essentially, pass it around aimlessly until someone does something.

That win against Arsenal was an utter fluke, just like any Pardew big game win is.... be shocked if they do anything against anyone relevant.

They are a mere name now and its so glorious Proud

absolutely. however I don't even think they're passing around that much.
Basically, if either Mata or Rooney get the ball, they run around 10-20 yards without really getting anywhere and THEN pass it somewhere - usually not a very productive pass as in the meantime all the rest of the players stand still.
When Jumanji gets the ball, he tries to dribble through somewhere and loses the ball.
That's about it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Our remaining away games: WestHam, Cardiff, Norwich, palace. Has to be 12 points there. And I am confident about any home game. Seriously think this is better chance of title than 08-09.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Our remaining away games: WestHam, Cardiff, Norwich, palace. Has to be 12 points there. And I am confident about any home game. Seriously think this is better chance of title than 08-09.

I know it looks good on paper, but

West Ham can defend stubbornly on their day.
Cardiff see every (especially home) game as do or die.
Hughton sees every (especially home) game as do or die.
Tony Pulis.

But yeah, we'll be favorites in each of those games, still.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Cardiff and Norwich will be easy pickings.

I can see why West Ham and Palace can be considered banana skins though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Cardiff and Norwich will be easy pickings.

Mole, I am a bit drunk now, I may be talking bollocks.

but it's hard to question our confidence after beating Southampton and Man ute away from hoe consecutively with aggregate of 0-6. i mean, any other team in the league did that, and i'd be like, Wow, these are serious ! they mean business !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Carrie road for Suarez Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Beating Southampton and United 3-0 away only to drop points against these scrubs .... no we are no longer looking at these stuff.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:20 pm

If we lose by two points or less, that Kolo mistake against WBA is going to hunt me to my grave.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

Mole, I am a bit drunk now, I may be talking bollocks.

but it's hard to question our confidence after beating Southampton and Man ute away from hoe consecutively with aggregate of 0-6. i mean, any other team in the league did that, and i'd be like, Wow, these are serious ! they mean business !

I get you i was responding to Arts post more than anything.

Don't think Cardiff and Norwich will pose any threat at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Our remaining away games: WestHam, Cardiff, Norwich, palace. Has to be 12 points there. And I am confident about any home game. Seriously think this is better chance of title than 08-09.

I know it looks good on paper, but

West Ham can defend stubbornly on their day. They'll be defensive from the word 'go', will be satisfied with a point and won't threaten our defense. Eventually they'll have to concede.
Cardiff see every (especially home) game as do or die. Cardiff under Solskjaer are an utter joke. No problems here.
Hughton sees every (especially home) game as do or die. It's Norwich ffs!
Tony Pulis. Man Utd won against them, so this is a no-brainer: we have to.

But yeah, we'll be favorites in each of those games, still.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

Ofcourse we mean business!
Spoiler:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:29 pm

I'm absolutely baffled as to how any club with players like Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Lennon, Soldado, Adebayor, Townsend, Sigurdsson, and Dembele, or van Persie, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Hernandez, Kagawa, Young, Nani, Valencia, and Welbeck can look so blunt in attack.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Whoever chose that avatar for Hans, I love you.

eco smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next