M99
Milantildeath
dostoevsky
•MilanDevil•
Kaladin
Casciavit
11 posters

Go down

Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014 Empty Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Competition: Serie A
Venue: San Siro

Recent form:
Milan: WLWLL
Parma: DWDWW

League positions:
Milan: (10)
Parma: (6)

Expected lineup:
Abbiati
Abate Mexes Bonera Constant
Monto Muntari
Honda Poli Kaka
Pazzini

Prediction: Milan 1-1 Parma
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014 Empty Re: Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Seedorf sidelines Balotelli

Reports are that Mario Balotelli has been sidelined by Clarence Seedorf in reaction to Milan’s midweek Champions League elimination.

The Italy international has faced criticism for his performance for the Rossoneri during their defeat against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday evening.

Whilst his absence from training yesterday was initially explained as due to a thigh problem, the Gazzetta dello Sport lead speculation that in fact he was primarily sidelined to the gym by Coach Seedorf for his attitude.

Whilst the forward’s injury is described as surmountable in time for Sunday’s visit of Parma, it is understood that Seedorf will choose to use Giampaolo Pazzini from the start, over Balotelli.

Seedorf is speculated as perhaps ready drop as many as half a dozen of those who started in midweek in Madrid, with the Dutchman seen as pushing for a greater simplicity and concreteness to the team’s play.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014 Empty Re: Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Tough tough fixture, Paletta and MDS are suspended. I doubt Honda will be deployed behind the striker, though this is what i would like. With Poli on the right and Taarabt on the left.

Mexes and Constant make me want reevaluate my subscription with BeIN. Seeing Montolivo on the teamsheet is enlightening and Muntari's inclusion is understandable. Given that NDJ didn't have the best of games against Atleti, +additional rest for him.

Not sure how i feel with Balo being sidelined, i don't particularly think he's had a terrible game against Atleti. I just don't know what people expect of him, people want him to have Ibra like performances. Well, Ibra had a single assist at Camp Nou, during 2011-12 and we still got thrashed 3-1. Balo practically made the goal on Tuesday night with his pass to Poli. What i'm trying to say is that people nitpick every single thing he does, while he has underappreciated moments that people tend to overlook. By no means is he excused of the defeat though, the yellow card from him is unacceptable. Its just that laying all the blame on him is, frankly, pathetic. It was a collective failure, despite some players performing above average.

Parma are on 15 game undefeated streak, let's hope we can change that on Sunday. Hopefully Seedorf gets the team bouncing back the same way he got us winning after losing at home vs Atleti.

Forza Milan
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Balo lacks movement. He should learn how to be better tactically from the likes of Poli, Pazzini, and El Shaarawy.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:52 am

I agree with everything ES has said thus far in the thread. I would also like to add that I would prefer to see Emanuelson still in this game ahead of Constant whose lack of pace was exposed rather brutally by Biabiany and Urby's speed may prove effective protection down the flank.

Whether benching Balotelli is the right decision or not it is important that he reacts in the correct manner and shows greater dedication in training. It is not enough to simply blame Balotelli for our failures in recent times. When Pazzini has proven to be such an effective foil to Balotelli in recent times one must question why they do not play more often together rather than simply blaming Mario for being different to Giampaolo. Lacking a true reference point such as Pazzini we need to help draw the attention of the opposition away from Mario by providing actual width, yet we're failing to do either at the moment and Seedorf's comments that "tactics" in the final third bore him are leaving me frankly unimpressed.

This is no longer an issue of attitude, it's also one of organisation and we can't expect our best players to perform to their best ability unless we play to their strengths.

Our season is over and I frankly would rather focus on Serie A next year without the distraction of the Europa League - which we're not going to take seriously anyway - and once the likes of Petagna and Cristante are fit again then they should start getting serious game time. I'd also give game time to Pacifico. Hell, even Piccinocchi, Benedicic and Modic would be better than seeing Essien ever pulling on our shirt again.

Parma have become an incredibly tough unit to beat under Donadoni and are currently enjoying a record unbeaten run, better even than their great side of the late 90s which boasted the likes of Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram and Crespo. A positive result may be extremely difficult to acquire however the most important thing is to give a good performance and focus once more upon our game plan and reimposing a sense of calm in midfield and the final third.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Put Balotelli behind a striker, force him to move!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 am

Milan squad for Parma: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola, Abate, Bonera, Constant, Mexes, Rami, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata, Emanuelson, Essien, De Jong, Honda, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Taarabt, Balotelli, Pazzini, Robinho

Parma squad for Milan: Acquah, Amauri, Bajza, Biabiany, Cassani, Cassano, Cerri, Felipe, Galloppa, Gobbi, Lucarelli, Marchionni, Mirante, Molinaro, Munari, Nyantakyi, Obi, Palladino, Parolo, Pavarini, Rossini, Sall, Schelotto
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:43 am

Clarence Seedorf insists he won’t “punish” Mario Balotelli in the Parma game, but again blamed “the situation” he inherited at Milan.

San Siro hosts sixth-placed Parma on Sunday at 14.00 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“Parma are in good shape, so it’s going to be a tough game,” the Coach told Milan Channel just days after a 5-1 aggregate Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.

“They are organised and have a lot of quality in attack. Roberto Donadoni has done a great job and achieved consistent results. I have to compliment him, but we’ll do everything to play with the Milan spirit.”

The 4-1 result at the Vicente Calderon on Tuesday was widely considered to be one of Balotelli’s worst performances, so will he be dropped this weekend?

“As a preventative measure due to a slight muscular problem, he stayed behind to work in the gym, but it’s nothing serious. It’s only natural for people to now seek scapegoats, but we will remain united and focused. If we had beaten Juventus and Atletico at home, then things would’ve changed.

“Do I use the carrot or the stick? I only use the carrot. When there’s the need to check on a situation, I do it, but my philosophy is to face everything with a smile. Will I punish him? I want a rapport between adults, not between an adult and a child. Will Giampaolo Pazzini start tomorrow? No.”

The ultras have announced a protest ahead of tomorrow’s Serie A game, particularly targeting Balotelli and CEO Adriano Galliani.

“I feel a lot of love and expectation from the fans towards me,” commented Seedorf. “They expect something more from me, but I am certain that I’ll do Milan good. It wouldn’t be football without the fans, so we must respect and understand their sentiments. They want effort and appreciate sacrifice.

“For the past two years Milan have been chasing down the others and psychologically it was tough. When I got here, I did not find a team in good physical or psychological shape. We can’t think everything will improve straight away.

“The players are improving, but results have not been consistent, so that is what we are looking for now. We have to turn the page, target European qualification and focus only on what happens on the field.

“There is nobody guilty here, as we are all working to get the best for Milan. With Galliani we’ll do everything in future to make the Milan fans proud of us. It’s a difficult situation right now, as we are lacking confidence.”

Seedorf was even asked if he felt himself at risk after a series of defeats, having only replaced Massimiliano Allegri in January.

“How many times has a Coach been at risk after a few months, despite signing a two-year contract? I am not responsible for the situation that was created. I am here to improve the situation.

“I have a contract, the club has faith in me and I am trying to give my best. There was a lot of work to do here, so I am certain that with me the club will construct a strong Milan for future seasons. It doesn’t matter if you are not optimistic, because I am.”

Source: Football Italia
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:49 am

Interesting, reports seem to be conflicting with each other. We'll have to see.

Unless Seedorf starts Balo and Pazzo hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Curva outside the San Siro:

Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014 Bi2Nxx_CUAAAU_n

Milan vs Parma | Serie A Matchday 28 | March, 16th 2014 Bi2NEtrCMAA66Q5
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Balo has been threatening in the first half, but still lacks that killer edge. He also needs maturity in his game, which he can attain in the forthcoming years. Poli has been very fluid and contributed defensively which is a plus. Kaka has been invisible.

Abbiati is just :facepalm: and Mexes needs to be shipped asap
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Another heartbreaker. I can't handle this any more.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm gonna go off tandem here and discuss a bit on Balotelli.

Many on chat/social media seem to want Balo sold, due to his recent form. I however want to retain him. Balo has been our most threatening forward, despite playing with an average supporting cast and 10 men. He cant spearhead a team and that seems to be the main issue here, he would be perfect as a complementary striker if he is deployed alongside a proper CF which would give him more freedom as the CF makes better runs off the ball. Too bad we don't have proper wingers barring SES. SES plays a role similar to which Walcott plays for Arsenal, stretches and gets behind defense. As well as having a goalscoring instinct. I think Balo thrives playing alongside someone like SES (or a SES-like player) or playing alongside someone such as Pazzo, who makes runs.

Now you put Balo with Montolivo as an AM, Poli and Kaka as wingers? 1 of who had to practically play as a RB for 40 mins. Not to mention that Monty had to drop deep, and the guy won't perform as we'd want him. He isn't the most clinical striker, and he has missed some sitters today. But the amount of hate that he gets is getting pathetic, 1 year ago we were praising him and mooning over him. Without him we wouldn't have reached CL ffs.

I realize that his attitude is a problem, and this is what Seedorf is trying to fix. His game lacks maturity, and i believe he can improve that over the coming weeks. But to scapegoat the guy after every defeat is getting ridiculous. I'm sure if the scoreline would've finished 2-1 or 2-0 for us, people wouldn't complain. And this whistling from the Curva doesn't help smooth matters over too.

And if we sold every striker we ever had right after he hit a slump, then we wouldn't have any strikers Laughing

I have faith in Mario, i believe he can play a great part in Milan in the near future. He already has the coach that vests his faith in him, now he needs the fans to vest their faith in him. Next season, he'll hopefully get out of this slump.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Mario improved this game, he moved more often. However, his finishing was bad today. If he continues his efforts, he can finally fulfil his potential.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Poli played one of his best games and we still lost. Other players should learn from Poli to put more effort.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm

"Montolivo is at the hospital now to be examined after the knock he picked up today. Abate and Bonera will be examined tomorrow."

Great time to play Cristante now that he's back
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:15 pm

just appalling performance...

disgusted..

and galliani comes out and says we have been at top of world...
if he keeps on boasting about it, he should kindly leave..

and the likes of abbiati emanuelson.. and so many others.. just they need to be out pronto...

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 am

Best game of this season Very Happy All have been said but any plan in the future has the name Mexes in it, it's a fail, the man is a butcher.

Also Cassano was playing 200% of how he does usually, happiest man of the day. The way he celebrating with Don, feel like these two were letting off some serious steam back to their former team.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 am

Cassano is a genius when he wants to play although he can't resist 90 minutes .. but you understand the awful performance of AC Milan when you see Ezequiel Schelotto to play a Giggs-esque match.
Curious to think how Berlusconi has considered in past many former AC Milan player for this bench, he wanted sign even Van Basten, but never Donadoni
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 am

Yeah I think Don's pissed because of Milan job, he was hinting it for the longest time and yet only got mentioned once. He finally settle down in Parma hence the results.

Actually Schelotto has been one of the best and most surprising players since he came. Fans were raging hard when he's signed because Sansone, fan's beloved youngster went the other way. Now we can't get enough of him, dude is clutch machine and humble.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:18 am

Twoism wrote:Yeah I think Don's pissed because of Milan job, he was hinting it for the longest time and yet only got mentioned once. He finally settle down in Parma hence the results.

Actually Schelotto has been one of the best and most surprising players since he came. Fans were raging hard when he's signed because Sansone, fan's beloved youngster went the other way. Now we can't get enough of him, dude is clutch machine and humble.

yes it's true, I was suprised to see this Schelotto, he wasn't even a starter to Sassuolo.I do not deny he's playing well, but yesterday it was something more, definitely excellent.
Glad of it because so you will pay the option to buy our half, it costs 2,5 mln
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Hate to say it, but I've been over the club for a while. I relate it to a girlfriend you keep around even though she does nothing to better the relationship aside from temporary bandaid fixes. There hasn't been any real ambition since we signed the likes of Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Cassano and others, but ever that was merely temporary. A new blueprint should have been developed a long time ago, but it seems the club is content with the way things are going. A big change in management needs to happens and the fans have to realize things aren't going to change over night, or over the course of one season (especially if we keep avoiding the real issues). I understand the fans are upset, but I hope their anger is aimed at the proper people...Seedorf is not a magician, he's not going to use a magic wand to turn mediocre players into quality ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

sorry to hear that Dom .but truth be told , it's completely understandable .

As for the game against Parma , well , there's only a certain amount of times one is willing to discuss failure and dissapointment . Watching Parma and especially that fkn idiot Cassano scoring and celebrating on our own ground , was trully devastating for me to watch.

This game was hard to swallow and Parma fully deserved their win. Like 100%. Normally i'd like to talk some more about the game , but i don't feel like it for this game. It was extremelly painfull to watch Milan give everything to equalise and then concede 2 , because average quality.

Let's hope this will be the last one of the embarrassing matches of the season , it's safe to say we have had more than our fair share.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:16 am

Its just the defence that's so horrible. I can't even blame Bonera anymore, which is sad.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:41 pm

The sad moment when Bonera isn't your worst CB. :facepalm: 
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down