Jay29
Helmer
El Gunner
Blue Barrett
Art Morte
85 posters

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 11 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:46 am

Can anyone tell me what's so amazing about Rooney's goal? It comes off as pure luck to me, and the technique really doesn't deserve all the credit it's getting. His goal against City was quite good, however, that other season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 11 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:53 am

Kick wrote:
Lex wrote:
Kick wrote:

So, as a struggling club who were about to go under, we won more than you have in the last 8 seasons as a top team? Jog on, Lex.
Except the rest of the league then wasn''t as strong or as competitive as it is now. Or were Manchester City in 1999/2000 the juggernauts they are in 20013/14?

Stay calm and try again, laddie

So the 8 years before Roman took over, 1995-2003. Chelsea won 5 trophies. 2 FA cups, 1 League cup, 1 Cup winners cup and 1 super cup.

Not only domestic cups, but European ones too, something which Wenger and Arsenal have done even worse at than their league form in the last 8 years.

Also, there were other big teams, remember leeds, or rovers? Yeah, they were strong back then.
Also, if we were to agree with Lex that the league wasn't as strong during that period.....can we then assume that Arsenal's trophies won during that period didn't mean much? Oh I've got one....can we then assume that.....wait for it.....wait for it.....Arsenal's unbeaten season isn't as good as its made out to be? Ohhhhhhhhh Laughing

Come off it mate :lol:You're losing the plot completely rofl

Last edited by Blue Barrett on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:56 am

Abramovich wrote:Lol poor lex is so mad, I was thinking if the scoreline was reversed if he would have created a thread gloating.. Either way stay mad lex 6-0 the rape at the bridge.
You know he DEFINITELY would have done so in some fashion Laughing The hurt in his posts right now rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:57 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Can anyone tell me what's so amazing about Rooney's goal? It comes off as pure luck to me, and the technique really doesn't deserve all the credit it's getting. His goal against City was quite good, however, that other season.

Not even the best goal in the past 24 hours

Orlando Engelaar  :coffee:  :coffee: 

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:24 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Can anyone tell me what's so amazing about Rooney's goal? It comes off as pure luck to me, and the technique really doesn't deserve all the credit it's getting. His goal against City was quite good, however, that other season.

Nah, I think he meant that just as Suarez meant his goals against Norwich (last in the first video, first in the second video):

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 am

mr-r34 wrote:

Not even the best goal in the past 24 hours

Orlando Engelaar  :coffee:  :coffee: 

That was a nice goal too.  :coffee: 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:32 am

RedOranje wrote:

Nah, I think he meant that just as Suarez meant his goals against Norwich (last in the first video, first in the second video):

Takes a bit of luck to pull it off but the intent and the timing is there, not to mention the skill needed. Both great goals.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 am

Busby Babe wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:

Rumours are Pochettino is discussing a new contract. I thought he was certain to leave because of Cortese too. I think Tottenham want Van Gaal and Van Gaal wants to manage in the Premier League. Sherwood has no chance :lol:Spalletti to switch jobs with Villas Boas Laughing

I would be  really curious to see Van Gaal in Premier League .
He doesn't appreciate the South American players but Tottenham hasn't these problems, just 2 Sandro and Lamela... but Lamela can be considered a former Tottenham player , nay he never was such , his immediate ostracism about him considering also  the cost is mystery, he must have done something that we don't know otherwise it's difficult to understand it
Definitely the worst transfer of year

I think Lamela is definitely a Baldini signing, not AVB, that's why he has hardly played. Also, Sherwood said he doesn't know much about him and wants watch him first. That's why he didn't let him leave in January and of course now he's injured. Must be a frustrating season for him, he didn't want to leave Roma in the first place.

lost also possibilites for WC in this way.
he belongs to  list of South American players who  don't settle in Premier League, althought the Argentinian players are more reliable between all the south americans , but the case more resounding was J.S. Veron , great in Italy, flop in UK. on the other hand England will be never a normal country for Argentinians..
Lamela will close his england experience this year I think he can't wait for something of different
I don't remember last South American player who did well to Tottenham tbh Laughing maybe he was Ardiles Laughing
Even Paulinho was disappointing this year for me.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 am

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 11 22-03-2014-GifNumber-218

Henderson and Johnson  :bow: 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:49 am

Henderson is the most improved LFC player this year more than Sterling too imo
he became  a complete midfielder, in first period his qualities were so  unexpressed than many rate him a flop transfer by Dalglish as Downing,Adam,Carroll...
I think he just needs to find most continuity of performances as this but anyway it's evident we are talking about a different player than initial period
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:56 am

RedO that's a garbage gif, the probing in the build up is the best part

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 11 13344902275_c3e37de110_o
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:05 am

That's how you destroy the bus. :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:40 am

McAgger wrote:RedO that's a garbage gif, the probing in the build up is the best part

I was only worried about sharing the run and pass, to be honest. People might be bothered if you spend too much time praising LFC in this thread, after all.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:41 am

Is that goal offside, or is there a slight twist to the offside rule I'm missing there hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:00 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Is that goal offside, or is there a slight twist to the offside rule I'm missing there hmm

Suarez was behind Johnson and the ball when it was played in to him, and therefore onside.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 am

RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Is that goal offside, or is there a slight twist to the offside rule I'm missing there hmm

Suarez was behind Johnson and the ball when it was played in to him, and therefore onside.
Ah okay, that explains.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:Wow, how terrible for Arsenal.  I really don't know how you classify this season for Arsenal.

I mean I don't know how you say they are part of the "Top 4" in the EPL.  I guess there isn't a top 4 it`'s a top 3?

I mean I think we have seen that Arsenal's "Title Challenge" was really only that they didn't play any of the real top teams in the EPL until around December.  When they have they have been destroyed and totally taken apart.

I mean today isn't a one off day, it's a trend now.  Plus they spent money on Ozil and still the same issues you have year after year after year with Wenger in charge.  

Many people thought spending money would fix there issues but the SAME ISSUES keep happening for like 5 straight years with this cast of players/coach's.

1)They still don't measure up to top teams in Europe or domestically
2) There injuries are still a major problem
3)They don't replace the players they sell (RVP this time) and they try to do it on the cheap (Giroud for RVP)
4)Wenger puts too much faith in "his players" when they are not top class players although he thinks they are
5)They still don't have the Steel/Grit needed in midfield or on the team in general and a top keeper for how many years running now?

I mean if I were an Arsenal fan, when is enough, enough?  The SAME ISSUES happen year after year after year and Wenger is too stubborn to fix them.  

Now Arsenal have the money to spend, do you really trust Wenger to use that money to get you over the plateau you have been sitting in for the last 5-6 years?  When is it time to say goodbye to Wenger?

I mean you have a great stadium, are located in London, a great fan base and now a lot of money to play with.  IMO I think it's time to stop fearing what will happen after Wenger.  This is a job most top coaches would jump at now that the stadium/finances are in order.

I think a lot of issues have been sugarcoated by Arsenal's lopsided domestic schedule this year to make fans think they were actually challenging for the EPL title.  
To actually think Liverpool are a better team than us...
I just refuse to believe that.
We are much better than what we've showed against Chelsea, City and Liverpool away this season.

LOL, this is basically the attitude I'm talking about.  I wrote a whole long post about Liverpool somewhere in this thread you may want to check out.

Liverpool have turned there team over and have a fabulous young squad.  They have spent smart and bought players for specific positions/purposes and right now they are operating like a machine.

They don't spend money to strengthen the part of there squad that is already strong like Arsenal did with Ozil they addressed there needs and have not been totally oblivious about what players are actually top players and who are expendable.  

Arsenal thinking they could just come along and take Suarez off of Pool is again this attitude like they really think they are still this all conquering force in England.  Pool was never giving him up, they don't just give there best players to there title challengers like Arsenal.

And you thinking Arsenal have better players or a better coach at this stage in the game is very very wrong.  Liverpool are a year ahead of schedule, they are going to be a nightmare next year.  And when they qualify for Champions league there front office has already shown how shrewd they are in the transfer market.  Not to mention they have one of the 5 best players in the world.

I don't know where you're getting this opinion from but I hope it's not that 2-1 FA cup game that the refs handed to Arsenal with some of the worst calls I have ever seen in any sport.
Liverpool have CL football next season. Let's then see how they go about their business in every competition.

Let's be honest here. Liverpool are in the position where they are because of Suarez and Sturridge. I'm not taking anything away from them. They know what quality and ability they have atm in their players and they're using them to their best advantage atm. But look at us. We have a good balanced team throughout the team, bar in the striker's position. The thing is though, we've been playing without 2 of our most important players for the whole of this year. Plus our other important players, Özil and Cazorla, haven't really been firing as we know they can, for various reasons that can be gone into on another day. So our 2 key players missing for us for a long time now, and since they've been injured we've been slipping down the table. Is that just by chance? No. And Özil and Cazorla not playing that well, shouldn't really be used as that as a strong argument in this case, because they've been fit and it's our problem that we haven't used them to their best of their ability this season. But still, I'm just pointing out in their cases, that if they've been playing well we could've been in better shape in the league atm. And I'm also pointing out that there's still room for them to improve and have a bigger impact for us in the future.

I really don't know how Liverpool has 5 of the best players in the world as you said. That's really quite funny Laughing And again, I'm not taking anything away from Liverpool. They've been fabulous this year. But people are just being slightly deceived into thinking they're a great/very good team by their run this year. Let's see how they cope next season with more on their mind. When they have to deal with more injuries and more fatigued players.

Last edited by El Gunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 am

That Barcelona-esque goal Smile
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 am

Lex wrote:Chelsea fans having the temerity to talk about other's lack of recent success :lol:Before your sugar daddy came along, you'd gone half a century without a league title and four years without winning zilch. You were about to go under and are only a relevant entity in the world of football because of an intervention from a Russian criminal and Putin lover. Everything you've ever won since 2004 is because one day, Roman decided he wanted a football club instead of a yacht.
rofl Proud I love you man, no homo...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 am

El Gunner wrote:Liverpool have CL football next season. Let's then see how they go about their business in every competition.

Let's be honest here. Liverpool are in the position where they are because of Suarez and Sturridge. I'm not taking anything away from them. They know what quality and ability they have atm in their players and they're using them to their best advantage atm. But look at us. We have a good balanced team throughout the team, bar in the striker's position. The thing is though, we've been playing without 2 of our most important players for the whole of this year. Plus our other important players, Özil and Cazorla, haven't really been firing as we know they can, for various reasons that can be gone into on another day. So our 2 key players missing for us for a long time now, and since they've been injured we've been slipping down the table. Is that just by chance? No. And Özil and Cazorla not playing that well, shouldn't really be used as that as a strong argument in this case, because they've been fit and it's our problem that we haven't used them to their best of their ability this season. But still, I'm just pointing out in their cases, that if they've been playing well we could've been in better shape in the league atm. And I'm also pointing out that there's still room for them to improve and have a bigger impact for us in the future.

I really don't know how Liverpool has 5 of the best players in the world as you said. That's really quite funny :lol:And again, I'm not taking anything away from Liverpool. They've been fabulous this year. But people are just being slightly deceived into thinking they're a great/very good team by their run this year. Let's see how they cope next season with more on their mind. When they have to deal with more injuries and more fatigued players.

On Liverpool:

I agree with your opening statement.

But just to clarify...

We've missed BOTH of Luis and Sturridge this season and have dont just fine results wise (performance wise is another argument but 3 points is all that matters) and they're our "best" players. We've also missed out on key outs in Gerrard, Gleninho, Lucas, Enrique, Sakho, Agger, Allen, (again Aspas whilst isn't "key" is our only player that can come off the bench and spark something) and Coutinho, too.

Also, you misread. He said ONE of the best 5 players in the World, and I think we all know he's only talking about Luis Suarez.

Again, I can understand your point of view in your closing para, but we WILL improve upon this squad/team right now. We have a decent spine, and balance too, but we need to make improvements in which we will in the summer. We were very unlucky not to get Mkhitaryan (and Diego Costa/Willian) in the summer because we didn't have Europe, and Mickey is probably what we needed most and what we still lack right now as Coutinho's not ready to play in the centre of the pitch; people forget he's still only 21, and whilst he has a lot of European experience behind him, is still very raw as a player although he's a genius. He has the most "clear cut" chances made this season. (Or did it after round 28.)

Whilst we haven't had Europe to worry about, we've had a lot of injuries and a lot of youth have stepped up and done roles/jobs this season. We also get the likes of Borini, Wisdom, and Suso back next season from loan. That's 3 players that are now ready to play senior football. They were "ready" this season, but we let them go out on loan to get more first team experience. It's a very exciting time for our club right now. Again, it's not just the performances. It's the character/mentality across all the players in the squad that's whats making us play so well this season. It was only really been Luis and Gerrard in the past. That's changed now. EVERYBODY believes now, and everybody has stepped up to put in these performances; they're no fluke. We've grown... mentally.

On Arsenal:

PLEASE stop making Giroud a scapegoat. Yes, he's been poor this year. And has been towards the end of last year. BUT THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT. His form/goal scoring ratio was FINE when he was fit earlier this season, he's been run to the ground since. He's tired. He simply can't run anymore. He's not a physical type of player like Henry, Sturridge or Torres, yet that's the role everyone expects him to play; HE'S NOT THAT PLAYER. He WANTS the ball at his feet as he wants to play football. He wants to hold up the ball, and link up/set up the runners but there's no one running around him. Yes, he'll also make runs off the ball at times (like he did when he could run earlier in the season) but he's struggling to do that now because he simply, is tired. He doesn't have the legs to do it anymore. THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT. That's on Wenger or Arsenal fans expecations, for A) expecting him to play like someone he's not and B) not bringing in cover / or a BETTER player to play him.

Also, I'd argue RAMSEY and WALCOTT are the key players you've missed this season; not Ozil or Cazorla. Santi and Mesut are basically the same player, it's why everyone was wondering why you signed Mesut in the first place as Cazorla didn't need improving upon. Theo and Aaron have struggled with injuries, and Arsenal have felt it.

The fact that you have NO leadership in your squad is also a concern. Vieira wasn't wrong earlier this year before you had to play City at the Etihad; EVERYONE EXCLUDING Arsenal fans agreed with him because there's literally no one that's mentally strong enough to carry you out of this 'run in syndrome' and he's not wrong. You need a player that actually has bottle and isn't mentally weak. You've needed that in the summer for years now, but continuosly don't address it. And why it's why you get bullied against the big teams when you play away from the Emirates. 8-2 against United, 5-1 at Anfield, 6-3 at Etihad, 6-0 just now at the Bridge... you need a player with steel and grit, and a player that doesn't want to get bullied, or just to stand up for themselves ffs, there was literally no pride coming from the Arsenal players after last night. It was the same at Anfield.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:29 am

Any news on Eto'o and his hamstring? Are we expecting 3-4 weeks?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:42 am

Red Alert wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Liverpool have CL football next season. Let's then see how they go about their business in every competition.

I really don't know how Liverpool has 5 of the best players in the world as you said. That's really quite funny :lol:And again, I'm not taking anything away from Liverpool. They've been fabulous this year. But people are just being slightly deceived into thinking they're a great/very good team by their run this year. Let's see how they cope next season with more on their mind. When they have to deal with more injuries and more fatigued players.

On Liverpool:

I agree with your opening statement.

But just to clarify...

We've missed BOTH of Luis and Sturridge this season and have dont just fine results wise (performance wise is another argument but 3 points is all that matters) and they're our "best" players. We've also missed out on key outs in Gerrard, Gleninho, Lucas, Enrique, Sakho, Agger, Allen, (again Aspas whilst isn't "key" is our only player that can come off the bench and spark something) and Coutinho, too.

Also, you misread. He said ONE of the best 5 players in the World, and I think we all know he's only talking about Luis Suarez.

Again, I can understand your point of view in your closing para, but we WILL improve upon this squad/team right now. We have a decent spine, and balance too, but we need to make improvements in which we will in the summer. We were very unlucky not to get Mkhitaryan (and Diego Costa/Willian) in the summer because we didn't have Europe, and Mickey is probably what we needed most and what we still lack right now as Coutinho's not ready to play in the centre of the pitch; people forget he's still only 21, and whilst he has a lot of European experience behind him, is still very raw as a player although he's a genius. He has the most "clear cut" chances made this season. (Or did it after round 28.)

Whilst we haven't had Europe to worry about, we've had a lot of injuries and a lot of youth have stepped up and done roles/jobs this season. We also get the likes of Borini, Wisdom, and Suso back next season from loan. That's 3 players that are now ready to play senior football. They were "ready" this season, but we let them go out on loan to get more first team experience. It's a very exciting time for our club right now. Again, it's not just the performances. It's the character/mentality across all the players in the squad that's whats making us play so well this season. It was only really been Luis and Gerrard in the past. That's changed now. EVERYBODY believes now, and everybody has stepped up to put in these performances; they're no fluke. We've grown... mentally.

On Arsenal:

PLEASE stop making Giroud a scapegoat. Yes, he's been poor this year. And has been towards the end of last year. BUT THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT. His form/goal scoring ratio was FINE when he was fit earlier this season, he's been run to the ground since. He's tired. He simply can't run anymore. He's not a physical type of player like Henry, Sturridge or Torres, yet that's the role everyone expects him to play; HE'S NOT THAT PLAYER. He WANTS the ball at his feet as he wants to play football. He wants to hold up the ball, and link up/set up the runners but there's no one running around him. Yes, he'll also make runs off the ball at times (like he did when he could run earlier in the season) but he's struggling to do that now because he simply, is tired. He doesn't have the legs to do it anymore. THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT. That's on Wenger or Arsenal fans expecations, for A) expecting him to play like someone he's not and B) not bringing in cover / or a BETTER player to play him.

Also, I'd argue RAMSEY and WALCOTT are the key players you've missed this season; not Ozil or Cazorla. Santi and Mesut are basically the same player, it's why everyone was wondering why you signed Mesut in the first place as Cazorla didn't need improving upon. Theo and Aaron have struggled with injuries, and Arsenal have felt it.

The fact that you have NO leadership in your squad is also a concern. Vieira wasn't wrong earlier this year before you had to play City at the Etihad; EVERYONE EXCLUDING Arsenal fans agreed with him because there's literally no one that's mentally strong enough to carry you out of this 'run in syndrome' and he's not wrong. You need a player that actually has bottle and isn't mentally weak. You've needed that in the summer for years now, but continuosly don't address it. And why it's why you get bullied against the big teams when you play away from the Emirates. 8-2 against United, 5-1 at Anfield, 6-3 at Etihad, 6-0 just now at the Bridge... you need a player with steel and grit, and a player that doesn't want to get bullied, or just to stand up for themselves ffs, there was literally no pride coming from the Arsenal players after last night. It was the same at Anfield.
Maybe you misread, but I said that the 2 players we've been missing this year are our 2 most important (that being Ramsey and Walcott)

You make good, valid points.
But my argument with the guy that I quoted was that I don't think overall Liverpool have a better team than Arsenal. That was the point I was trying to get across mainly.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 am

El Gunner wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote: Not to mention they have one of the 5 best players in the world.

I really don't know how Liverpool has 5 of the best players in the world as you said. That's really quite funny :lol:And again,

One. Not five.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 am

Yeah, I misread that. Sorry my bad.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:20 am

Red Alert wrote:Any news on Eto'o and his hamstring? Are we expecting 3-4 weeks?

Apparently 2 weeks.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:53 am

LMAO Ole rofl

Rooney :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next