Jay29
Helmer
El Gunner
Blue Barrett
Art Morte
85 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 29 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9

Post by RedOranje Thu 27 Mar 2014, 20:43

BarcaLearning wrote:Very Happy Dont think ive ever Liverpool fans being so confident....its good to see but I cant help but feel they will b e disappointed as usual?

Disappointed about what? Liverpool's goal was to challenge for the top 4 this season. Finishing in the top 4, never mind challenging for the title, is a pretty massive success for the club.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 29 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9

Post by futbol Thu 27 Mar 2014, 20:59

I don't know where to post this but I think Liverpool fans might like this:

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 27 Mar 2014, 23:04

Both Silva and Aguero are rated as 50-50 for the Arsenal game. Might actually get a draw if they are not 100% cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 28 Mar 2014, 00:43

No one will probably read these but i enjoyed reading them immensely so i'm going to go ahead and post them anyway.

http://keithrnufc.wix.com/internetpresentation/apps/blog/expectations

http://keithrnufc.wix.com/internetpresentation/apps/blog/systematic
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:50

Nishank wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Very Happy Dont think ive ever Liverpool fans being so confident....its good to see but I cant help but feel they will b e disappointed as usual?

Na top 3 im fine, Anything more is a bonus, We were 7th last year.

BUT TITLE PLS

RedOranje wrote:

Disappointed about what?  Liverpool's goal was to challenge for the top 4 this season.  Finishing in the top 4, never mind challenging for the title, is a pretty massive success for the club.

I see and I agree with u 2, I was more referring to the discussion I see about winning the title and favourite to beating Chelsea etc. by some. Its just that Liverpool have been promising and saying they can challenge for the title for so many years and never really ends up happening. Hope this finally can change, and that they continue improving in the summer for next season.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 28 Mar 2014, 15:26

4 - There have been just four goals scored in the last five meetings in all competitions between Arsenal & Man City at the Emirates.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 28 Mar 2014, 15:33

Arsene Wenger has hit back at Manchester United legend Paul Scholes after he accused Arsenal of lacking backbone.

The former midfielder claimed Arsenal "didn't have any leaders" and "were million miles away from a title challenge" in an outspoken outburst while working as a pundit for Sky Sports earlier this week.
His comments followed Chelsea's 6-0 thrashing of Wenger's side, a defeat which cam on the back of a 2-2 draw at home to Swansea on Tuesday and saw their title task become more difficult. But Wenger was quick to reject the criticisms.

"If six points [from the top] is a million miles away, I don't know the translation of a mile into a point," Wenger said.

"Everybody has opinions, people who have managed zero games have opinions and we have to accept that.

"We are in a society where there are thousands of opinions today. Some go for you, some against you, you have to live with that."
Scholes was also outspoken in claiming Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has "not progressed" since he made his breakthrough in the first team, but Wenger rejected that barb, too.

"You cannot say that," he claimed. "Jack Wilshere is an exceptional player for me who has been handicapped by many injuries. Once Jack will be back and consistently on the pitch, he will show everybody wrong about that because he is an exceptional football player and Scholes knows that as well."

Wenger went on to confirm he does not know whether full-back Bacary Sagna will sign a new deal at Arsenal, in a week when ESPN sources confirmed the French defender is in talks over a lucrative move to Manchester City.

"He has an offer from us, but he has not come back yet," added Wenger.
"The talk of the Manchester City move cannot be right. It would be illegal [if they have offered him a contract].

"We have a general rule in our club [to offer a two year deal for players over 30], but we look at each individual situation. I am confident he will stay, but we will accept whatever decision he comes to and get on with it."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Fri 28 Mar 2014, 15:45

Hartlepool has confirmed the signings of Scott Harrisson and Connor Oliver.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 17:34

Limpakulli wrote:Hartlepool has confirmed the signings of Scott Harrisson and Connor Oliver.

wat

Btw anyone else hearing news about a plane for the United game?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 17:39

Nishank wrote:
Limpakulli wrote:Hartlepool has confirmed the signings of Scott Harrisson and Connor Oliver.

wat

Btw anyone else hearing news about a plane for the United game?

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V9 - Page 29 O-MOYES-OUT-PLANE-570

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 17:45

This is cringeworthy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:12

no its pathetic.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:31

Maybe, but it's a means by which the disillusioned fans can display their frustration at what is happening at the club.

Better that than getting violent like they do elsewhere.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:44

Its as bad as those high pitched dimwits of United fans shouting how crap Moyes is and all. Opinions are fine but doing it on live TV is disgraceful.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:47

I think you're probably being a little harsh. Football means a lot to some people.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:56

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one will probably read these but i enjoyed reading them immensely so i'm going to go ahead and post them anyway.

http://keithrnufc.wix.com/internetpresentation/apps/blog/expectations

http://keithrnufc.wix.com/internetpresentation/apps/blog/systematic

I read them and thought they were good reads as well. It's interesting reading about the issues of another club in depth, and despite not supporting Newcastle I agree with what was said.

I've always taken the view that when pragmatism is fine when it's needed, but not something I enjoy as a general approach to football. I look at Newcastle's squad and see that it's lacking in creativity, but with a number of physically able players you could use a pressing style or a counter-attack style. Pardew's approach appears excessively negative and not particularly well thought-out.

Saying that, the sort of football Everton, Swansea and Southampton play comes with its own sets of frustrations, and can be just as boring as negative, defensive football at times.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:00

The_Badger wrote:I think you're probably being a little harsh. Football means a lot to some people.

Do we need to fly planes about it hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:05

Nishank wrote:
The_Badger wrote:I think you're probably being a little harsh. Football means a lot to some people.

Did Liverpool fans need to burn effigies of Steven Gerrard when he was on the verge of leaving?

Football fans in pain will do what are considered stupid things to most others.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:14

Jose Mourinho has insisted he was only interested in taking charge of Chelsea last summer after being linked with the Manchester United job, and has given his backing to David Moyes to improve next season.

Mourinho was one of the names tipped to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, but when the legendary Scot decided to retire at the end of last season he quickly announced that Moyes was his choice to fill the hot-seat.

Moyes has come under pressure in his first year at the helm after a miserable defence of their Premier League crown, and United's final chance of silverware this term lies in the Champions League after making it through to a quarter-final against Bayern Munich.

Mourinho believes Moyes needs to be given time to adjust to a new club, and has dismissed suggestions that he ever had an interest in the United role.

"I don't know if Sir Alex thought of me for United or not," Mourinho said in The Sun.

"The point is he clearly knew I wanted to go to Chelsea. I spoke with him after we (Real Madrid) knocked United out of the Champions League last season and I told him what I wanted to do - that Chelsea is what I wanted, that was the direction I wanted to go."

"As for David, he went to a new club - a club with a new reality for him - and he is adapting.

"Next season will be better and attention, attention! He can still win the Champions League this season."

Asked if Moyes would have been sacked by now if he had been at Chelsea, Mourinho added: "Maybe not. Maybe Chelsea now has a different vision, working to a different profile with a different strategy."

Mourinho is fighting for the title with Chelsea and determined to become champions, although he is already proud of what has been achieved at Stamford Bridge this season.

He said: "We know every match is vital until the end of the season. We don't give up, we don't give in - we go to win every game.

"This is a special season for me and my Chelsea even if we don't win anything. To push to win the Premier League and to go from the Europa League to the last eight of the Champions League is an important step."

Liverpool are among Chelsea's main rivals for the title and Mourinho is happy that Brendan Rodgers, a former coach at Stamford Bridge, is enjoying success.

He said: "We are friends. If I made any contribution for him to become a manager at a big team then I'm happy with that."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:17

That's funny, because Mourinho's agent was on the phone to Man Utd begging them to consider Jose for the job.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:20

The_Badger wrote:
Nishank wrote:

Did Liverpool fans need to burn effigies of Steven Gerrard when he was on the verge of leaving?

Football fans in pain will do what are considered stupid things to most others.

Burning effigies is cheaper  banana 
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 28 Mar 2014, 20:16

The_Badger wrote:That's funny, because Mourinho's agent was on the phone to Man Utd begging them to consider Jose for the job.
I'm sure Mourinho's agent is your best buddy and he told you this directly.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 20:44

Blue Barrett wrote:
The_Badger wrote:That's funny, because Mourinho's agent was on the phone to Man Utd begging them to consider Jose for the job.

You could find the info on the web if you weren't so ignorant. Man Utd was always his first choice.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 28 Mar 2014, 20:50

The_Badger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

You could find the info on the web if you weren't so ignorant. Man Utd was always his first choice.
Info by certain "inside sources", right? rofl

United fans have tried so hard to convince themselves that Jose had United as "first choice" when the only choice was really to go back to Chelsea. Carvalho(who was still at Real with Jose) has come out and said how Jose always planned it. Essien has said it too and how Jose told him to come back to Chelsea with him. Now Jose's saying it himself....but no, let's listen to the "inside sources" just so we can lap up to United fans egos Laughing

I get that you're all trying to make yourselves feel better but at least don't ignore common sense logic while doing so. Its like the obese girl on campus who thinks every slight semblance of attention from a guy is automatically love rofl

And yes, you might as well be a United fan on this forum(everyone knows you're a closet fan) with your past posts so don't even try to spit the boring "except I'm not a United fan" line.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri 28 Mar 2014, 20:56

Of course Mou wanted to go to Man Yoo. I mean, just look at the world class squad they have. Dumb people.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri 28 Mar 2014, 21:05

Blue Barrett wrote:
The_Badger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Info by certain "inside sources", right? rofl

United fans have tried so hard to convince themselves that Jose had United as "first choice" when the only choice was really to go back to Chelsea. Carvalho(who was still at Real with Jose) has come out and said how Jose always planned it. Essien has said it too and how Jose told him to come back to Chelsea with him. Now Jose's saying it himself....but no, let's listen to the "inside sources" just so we can lap up to United fans egos Laughing

I get that you're all trying to make yourselves feel better but at least don't ignore common sense logic while doing so. Its like the obese girl on campus who thinks every slight semblance of attention from a guy is automatically love rofl

And yes, you might as well be a United fan on this forum(everyone knows you're a closet fan) with your past posts so don't even try to spit the boring "except I'm not a United fan" line.

You can convince yourself I'm a Man Utd fan if it makes you feel better. I've stated I support Whitby Town, I'm not a plastic glory supporter like yourself who conveniently picks a big successful club to support. I have no allegiance or connection to Man Utd in the same way you don't with Chelsea.

Fact is Mourinho crawled back to Chelsea because Man Utd didn't want him and no other top club had a vacancy. He was desperate to succeed Ferguson and I think you know that. Everyone else does. Chelsea shit on him before when his and Abramovich's relationship soured, they've shown their true colours and lack of morals getting into bed with each other again.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next