El Chelsea Fuerte
The_Badger
Gil
Lex
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
11 posters

Go down

Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA Empty Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm

• Former owner claims club were manipulated by 'London'
• Chelsea currently have four players on loan at Vitesse

The Dutch Football Federation has launched an investigation into the ownership structure of Vitesse Arnhem after the former major shareholder alleged Chelsea had exerted undue influence at the Eredivisie club and had even sought to prevent them from qualifying for the Champions League.

The Premier League club and Vitesse enjoy a close relationship, with the Dutch team's owner, Alexander Chigirinsky, a good friend of Roman Abramovich. Chelsea have four players – Bertrand Traoré, Lucas Piazon, Patrick van Aanholt and Christian Atsu – on loan at the GelreDome, with others having spent time there over the first half of this season. The partnership has helped Vitesse to third in the table.

A bitter dispute has recently flared up between the former owner Merab Jordania and Chigirinsky, with the former suggesting Chelsea had not wanted the Dutch club to qualify for Europe's elite competition. Uefa regulations prevent owners from entering two teams in one of its competitions.

Chelsea have dismissed Jordania's allegations and insist Vitesse are an independent club whose qualification for the Champions League would benefit their loanees' development, but declined to comment publicly on the matter. Jordania's assertions, however, have prompted the Dutch federation, KNVB, to ask its member club to detail their "organisational structure" to ensure the integrity of the local competition.

"I want to tell the Vitesse supporters the real story," said Jordania, a former Georgian footballer who saved Vitesse from financial ruin in 2010. "I wanted to reach for the title, but 'London' didn't want that in the end. Ambition is fine, but Vitesse is not allowed to reach the Champions League … I will tell you now why [the manager] Fred Rutten left [last June]. He knew that he wasn't allowed to win the title with Vitesse.

"In the winter he brought the team to the top. We had the feeling we needed one more player to win the title, Kelvin Leerdam. The transfer seemed to be a done deal when all of a sudden 'London' intervened. We were not allowed to be too strong. I couldn't explain that to Fred. I had to cover the club and 'London', but it caused a lot of tension and chaos."

Jordania also claimed the sale of Wilfried Bony to Swansea last summer was sanctioned to prevent Vitesse qualifying for the Champions League. "I wanted to keep Bony in Arnhem for six more months," he said. "I was in touch with Michael Laudrup, the Swansea manager at the time. I told him it was better that he took Bony in the winter, for Vitesse to start strong in the season, but Bony had to be sold."

The Vitesse chairman, Bert Roetert, claimed Jordania's comments read like "a poor 1 April joke".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/01/chelsea-vitesse-arnhem-roman-abramovich
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA Empty Re: Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 pm

It's clear as a day that Vitesse are Chelsea's training camp for their younger players and sort of a feeder club and that Chigirinsky is taking orders from Abramovich, but as long as on paper the two clubs are owned by different individuals and/or companies, I don't think there would be a problem for both of them to be in the CL. So this guy's comments come across as rather bitter and untrue, exaggerated at least.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA Empty Re: Chelsea and Vitesse Arnhem' links investigated by the Dutch FA

Post by Lex Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Abramovich involved in a shady business deal? Surely not....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

What a stupid thread and anyone who believes this is an idiot. Why would we not want our loanees to play CL football on the biggest stage or win Championships? Why even post this nonsense anyway?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Lex wrote:Abramovich involved in a shady business deal? Surely not....

Very Happy 

These dissenting shareholders won't be around for much longer I suspect.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:56 pm

vitesse is chelsea's b team

gtfo authorities

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:08 pm

A bit shameful thread its clear response to Barcas case, every club has its fair shair of shady deals, deal with it.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Limpakulli wrote:A bit shameful thread its clear response to Barcas case, every club has its fair shair of shady deals, deal with it.

give it in groove.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Limpakulli wrote:A bit shameful thread its clear response to Barcas case, every club has its fair shair of shady deals, deal with it.

give it in groove.
Exactly what or whom are you referring me to Natalie Portman?  scratch  scratch 

This thread is about Chelsea not Bayern Munchen.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Why would this be a response thread for barca  rofl 
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Vitesse are Chelsea's feeder club, we all know that. Exactly what is illegal about this?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 pm

How exactly were they not allowed to win the title? The dudes comments are way too vague and seems to me that he has some sort of bitter resentment. The two clubs have independent owners and are perfectly allowed to reach the CL competitions if they won their respective places in the league.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I'll tell u how it worked..
Chelsea: we see you're doing really well in the Dutch league, potential champions even! But as you'll qualify for the CL, it would force us to absolve our partnership since we'll fall fowl of uefa regulations.
Well have to set up with another Dutch club and move our players to there. All the best!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down