Art Morte
RED
M99
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Man Utd defending well so far, Bayern struggling to test De Gea. I know they don't face Bayern every game, however they could possibly try this defensive style in the league.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 pm

It is interesting to see a team with as much talent on it as MU playing a low level club style of football...and being fairly successful at it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Had saf not been stubborn united could have won more cls.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:54 pm

GOD of Fußball, pls save us from this struggle and stop this match right now

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm

think buyern will score and utd will nick one in time to send it to et Proud

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Uh oh
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:00 pm

MANDZUKIC! Game back on!
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:04 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:GOD of Fußball, pls save us from this struggle and stop this match right now
Proud of me, the GOD listened to me cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Müller banana the true GOAT player

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Bah gawd I hate Pep and his football, Robben had ball there for throw in and he wanted it to put forward to attack but the great boring Pep asks him to throw backwards :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 pm

3-1 Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Man Utd put up a good performance defensively over both legs, however Bayern ultimately were too good and deservedly go through.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:43 pm

lol @ Rooney and his squandered chance, way to pay back your club for that 300k per week contract.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Celebrated like mad when Utd scored only for Bayern to equalise 30 secs later. smh :facepalm: Haven't had such a high evaporate so fast in years watching football.

So long CL football...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Moyes lost United this tie. At least he could have made it much harder for Bayern.

Over the entire season, this switch of throwing Hernandez on and moving Rooney back to CM has not worked A SINGLE time. Everytime it has backfired.

The game was still poised until that abortion of a substitution. Rooney was unwell, he should have came off for someone like Januzaj. Welbeck was the most dangerous player for United and then somehow he got subbed off before Rooney as well.

United only needed 1 goal at 2-1 down, there was no reason to sub Fletcher off and allow Bayern to kill the game.

Long live Moyes.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Moyseh2vsjp
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Moyesie :bow: the gift that keeps on giving Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 pm

He should have reacted faster and moved out the way quicker to avoid getting hurt imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:56 pm

How would you rate his agility mt hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Bayern Munich vs Manchester United discussion - Page 3 Moyseh2vsjp

Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:30 pm

I see the footballing genius' 10-0-0 tactics worked a treat then Laughing 
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:07 am

It was all inevitable, lol after that Erva goal for a second there I really thought the impossible may actual happen, but it only lasted a minute Very Happy Man U did well to even push Bayern that much up to that point Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:01 pm

I didn't like the excessive focus on possession by Bayern though, they squandered quite a few chances to break into a quick counter just to play horizontal passes and regroup, taking a few more risks there could have lead to much earlier goal scoring opportunities.

The way they play was obviously lacking a plan B to break through the mighty 10-0-0 setup ManU played, and I can't help but feel like Bayerns urge to dominate stats is getting in their way of actually scoring.

They did look great after going down a goal, though, but that was mostly due to ManU stupidly pressing for a 2nd goal, giving Bayern space they should've never had.

So much for my critique of Bayern. That being said, the goals they conceded in both legs were kind of freak goals, for the first one, Vidic actually had his corridor towards goal blocked by a CB (can't remember if it was Boateng or Martinez), and scored kind of awkwardly with the side of his head, while moving backwards. That was incredibly well done by Vidic, but that's a one-in-a-hundred goal, IMHO, and the second one was one of those attempts that go sky-high and nowhere near the goal in like 999 attempts out of 1000, so even though Bayern conceded twice, neither of the goals would make me rethink my defensive approach, if I was them.

Regarding Manchester United, I actually thought that they had great positioning while defending, though this might be kind of an illusion considering it was done with 10 field players defending full time, which makes it kind of easy to not leave any spaces open, but still, that looked good. And when they pressed on goal, with Kagawa, and Welbeck combining a bit, they actually looked like a decent attacking side.
Side note: Really liked Smalling and Jones in this game; Evra, not so much. Scored a screamer, but got totally smoked right after that, and could've done more against at least 2 of Bayern's 3.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I didn't like the excessive focus on possession by Bayern though, they squandered quite a few chances to break into a quick counter just to play horizontal passes and regroup, taking a few more risks there could have lead to much earlier goal scoring opportunities.

The way they play was obviously lacking a plan B to break through the mighty 10-0-0 setup ManU played, and I can't help but feel like Bayerns urge to dominate stats is getting in their way of actually scoring.

They did look great after going down a goal, though, but that was mostly due to ManU stupidly pressing for a 2nd goal, giving Bayern space they should've never had.

So much for my critique of Bayern. That being said, the goals they conceded in both legs were kind of freak goals, for the first one, Vidic actually had his corridor towards goal blocked by a CB (can't remember if it was Boateng or Martinez), and scored kind of awkwardly with the side of his head, while moving backwards. That was incredibly well done by Vidic, but that's a one-in-a-hundred goal, IMHO, and the second one was one of those attempts that go sky-high and nowhere near the goal in like 999 attempts out of 1000, so even though Bayern conceded twice, neither of the goals would make me rethink my defensive approach, if I was them.

Regarding Manchester United, I actually thought that they had great positioning while defending, though this might be kind of an illusion considering it was done with 10 field players defending full time, which makes it kind of easy to not leave any spaces open, but still, that looked good. And when they pressed on goal, with Kagawa, and Welbeck combining a bit, they actually looked like a decent attacking side.
Side note: Really liked Smalling and Jones in this game; Evra, not so much. Scored a screamer, but got totally smoked right after that, and could've done more against at least 2 of Bayern's 3.

Disagree. I think its more to do with the way we set up against them. People seem to forget that most teams in the cl last year played Bayern head on. When BVB in the DFP pokal QF parked with a 433, Bayern created 0 chances and it took the atypical Robben curler from outside the box to see them through. It's only going to get worse ig they draw Chelsea or Atletico. I Hope they get Madrid because Madrid cant park properly.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Well of course they have difficulties with teams that park the bus, but I feel they've lost a bit of an edge in favor of keeping more possession as compared to last season.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:04 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well of course they have difficulties with teams that park the bus, but I feel they've lost a bit of an edge in favor of keeping more possession as compared to last season.

I think they are better tbh. Teams are sitting very deep against them in every game. That didn't happen that much last year. Any teams that plays them openly would get torn to shreds.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum