DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
Abramovich
Blue Barrett
Shed
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 am

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4gvrofrD71ruhh4yo1_1280

The Premier League's third-to-last gameweek of the 2013-14 season sees England's best attack
take on England's best defence as Chelsea travel to Merseyside to face off in a pivotal,
season-defining clash against League-leaders Liverpool on Sunday, April 27ᵗʰ

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4cachw0VU1ruhh4yo1_1280

Premier League Matchday 36 pits Red against Blue as Chelsea travel to Merseyside to face off against table-toppers Liverpool in a game hugely consequential, nay critical, to the first's Premier League season. Indeed, a loss at Anfield would render José Mourinho's men mathematically unable to win the title, effectively ending their domestic season. Liverpool, conversely, have the chance to finish off for good one of the two sides rivaling them for Championship glory come May 11ᵗʰ. A win would mean Brendan Rodgers' men could finish no worse than 2 points ahead of the Londoners when all is said and done, and the league's in-form side will doubtless have just that in their sights come Sunday afternoon at Anfield, whereon the eyes of the nation will be firmly fixed.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n3z2rePucX1qad9dvo3_500

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4fy7d2DFe1ruhh4yo1_1280

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n3z2rePucX1qad9dvo1_r1_500

The Reds have had an, it must be said, unexpectedly stupendous season thus far. Few would have fingered Brendan Rodgers' men as anything greater than solid Top 4 hopefuls, much less realistic title contenders, going into the current campaign, having finished 7th and a distant 28 points behind winners Manchester United the one before, but a seemingly indefatigable rally from the Merseysiders, including a staggering 96 goals for the season so far and 11 straight wins on the spin leading up to this weekend's affair, have seen the 5-time European Champions to 5 points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Delph2a

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849559454

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849559767

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4gjyyqEBf1ruhh4yo1_400

Chelsea, alternatively, have had a horrific run of form in recent weeks. An abysmal 3 defeats in their last 6 Premier League games have caused the Blues to surrender what was at its highest point a 7-point lead at the table's summit, and precipitated a descent that has now seen them to 5 points behind it. As mentioned, this weekend's clash is as 'do or die' for the West Londoners as matches go, and with a huge Champions League semifinal second leg against Atlético Madrid looming just 3 days after, this week can be considered nothing less than a season-defining one for the Blues' 2013/14 campaign.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849455061

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849456159

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849455931
Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849456672

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849455775
Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849455879

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 849457045

The corresponding fixture between the two sides last season was a controversial affair which ultimately ended honours even. The Blues took the lead on 26 minutes when Oscar headed in a Blues corner at the near post past Pepe Reina, which saw the visitors through and into the interval a goal to the good. The lead was soon eradicated, though, when former Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge did well to convert a slightly awkward chance set up by Luis Suarez to draw the Reds level 7 minutes into the second half. Rafa Benitez's men again got themselves in front not 5 minutes later, however, when Suarez was rightly adjudged to have handled the ball in the box defending a Juan Mata corner, and Kevin Friend pointed to the spot. Eden Hazard stepped up, and converted seamlessly.
Little could spectators have imagined, at that stage, that the game's proceedings up to that point wouldn't even prove to be the most eventful action of the day - for about 25 minutes from time, Luis Suarez grabbed Blues full-back Branislav Ivanovic's arm in his own box and appallingly bit it. The infraction was evidently missed by referee Friend, and the Uruguayan continued on, leaving the visiting Blues feeling highly aggrieved. Things would only get worse for them still, however, when deep into stoppage time, the very transgressor himself headed in a last-gasp equaliser to deny the Londoners what would have been a massive 3 points in their quest for Top 4.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 830499809
-

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 830499691
Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 830489012Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Hazard%20v%20Liverpool%2013
-

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 830472602

The reverse match between the two earlier this season, alternatively, saw the Blues triumph 2-1 over their guests. After calamitously going behind just 3 minutes in through a goal from Martin Skrtel, the Londoners responded in fine fashion. A stunning curler from Eden Hazard to level it up on the night and an effort from Samuel Eto'o snuck in past Simon Mignolet handed José Mourinho's men a massive victory and a crucial 3 points.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4gl7mZS4Y1r3p0vko1_500

Blues boss José Mourinho stated following his side's 0-0 draw against La Liga-leaders Atlético Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal tie in the Spanish capital Wednesday that he would be looking to prioritise the club's European campaign over their fading domestic one, and would be seeking permission from the Chelsea hierarchy to rest players for this weekend's clash.

"I can't decide by myself," Mourinho said. "I think that's a decision I have to listen the club. I'm just a piece, I'm just the manager and no more than that. I have to listen to the club. I think the fact that the match is on Sunday I think puts the problem not in my hands. We represent English football and we are the only English team that is European competition. I know what I would do, but I'm not the club. I have to speak with the club. I would play with the players that are not going to play Wednesday" (quotes via Sky Sports), a development that could obviously have huge bearings on the outcome of Sunday's affair, and possibly the Premier League title race as a whole.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4goayqzwZ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Martin Atkinson of Bradford has been assigned as referee for this match.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4gmnvWORx1ruhh4yo1_1280

__
-

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4gmsz4Yg81ruhh4yo1_1280

Ex-Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge is a slight doubt for this match for the hosts, but is widely expected to be back fit and available in time for Sunday's kickoff, while the visitors have been ravaged with injuries of recent, after virtually an entire season without any. Key back-5 duo John Terry and Petr Cech sustained injuries in the Blues' first leg Champions League semifinal tie against Atlético Madrid that José Mourinho says will rule the veteran pair out for the remainder of the season, while Eden Hazard is still yet to return to training following an injury sustained against Paris Saint-Germain 3 weeks ago, and Samuel Eto'o is also a doubt following a knee problem incurred in the Blues' 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sunderland the weekend previous.

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4cqa0PqX91ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1405 BST

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 am

LOL looks like Jose has given up on this. Its mathematically impossible anyway, even if we beat them....unless they drop points elsewhere.

The Telegraph predicts our weakest XI which Jose could field(and it looks VERY likely, all things considered):

Hilario
Kalas-Christensen-Mikel-Ake
Matic-Van Ginkel
Salah-Lampard-Schurrle
Ba

Remind me to prepare for a massive shafting Laughing

But seriously, we'll most likely lose if we field that team but a draw is also possible. I don't see us winning though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea

Post by Abramovich Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Yeah I don't see us getting anything from this game.

Losing JT and Cech is such a kick in the back side.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Hilario
Kalas-Christensen-Mikel-Ake

Matic-Van Ginkel
Salah-Lampard-Schurrle
Ba

That massive troll attempt  rofl .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

A hahahaha, people actually thinking Mou will not play his best side. A week avatar bet anyone? It'll be the best Chelsea side available to him bar injuries and suspension. Just another so called "mind game". Terry will start as well.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Don't know about the Terry part but I agree with the rest Sep. Think about it. If he WAS planning to play a weak side, would he really announce it to the entire world and give Liverpool the foreknowledge of it? Come on.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:21 pm

He has to rest players as playing 2 high intensity games in 3 days against 2 physical teams with same set of players given our injuries is impossible. Something gotta give. I am surprised FA didn't reschedule the game against L'pool.

Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Shed wrote:Don't know about the Terry part but I agree with the rest Sep. Think about it. If he WAS planning to play a weak side, would he really announce it to the entire world and give Liverpool the foreknowledge of it? Come on.

Possibly as part of a ploy to get the FA to actually help out teams in the CL rather than force them to choose between league or CL?

That said if we do for some reason field a weakened team I'm sure the FA will make sure we get fined for it.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:30 pm

lszanto wrote:
Shed wrote:Don't know about the Terry part but I agree with the rest Sep. Think about it. If he WAS planning to play a weak side, would he really announce it to the entire world and give Liverpool the foreknowledge of it? Come on.

Possibly as part of a ploy to get the FA to actually help out teams in the CL rather than force them to choose between league or CL?

Well that's what it is in my opinion. Clearly trying to make a point about it. You don't say, "we're the only English club left in Europe and the FA should do more to help their sides competing abroad....oh, and I'm gonna want to play a weakened team in the Liverpool game this weekend too" in virtually the same breath unless you're purposely, strategically trying to link the two. He knows he's now going to be asked about it in his press conference and pre-match interviews on Sunday at which point he'll go on another diatribe about how the FA should do as much as it can to aid its sides fighting for top European honors.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Shed wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Well that's what it is in my opinion. Clearly trying to make a point about it. You don't say, "we're the only English club left in Europe and the FA should do more to help their sides competing abroad....oh, and I'm gonna want to play a weakened team in the Liverpool game this weekend too" in virtually the same breath unless you're purposely, strategically trying to link the two. He knows he's now going to be asked about it in his press conference and pre-match interviews on Sunday at which point he'll go on another diatribe about how the FA should do as much as it can to aid its sides fighting for top European honors.

Doubt it'll achieve anything, we'll have to wait till next year when the FA's mates get back into CL and start complaining.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Oh I doubt it too, but nothing ever kept José from having a right good moan when the chance arose Wink
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm

I am going to miss this game Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:47 pm

No
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Also going to miss the Atleti game Mad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea T2306
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea Tumblr_n4nru8zGAZ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 am

Who?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:15 am

Youngsters. Both 18, I believe.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 am

RedOranje wrote:Who?

Christensen is our best CB prospect and Swift is also a highly rated CM.

Surprised Swift is picked ahead of Baker though. Because almost everyone rates Baker higher.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:23 am

Blue wrote:Surprised Swift is picked ahead of Baker though. Because almost everyone rates Baker higher.

Many were pointing this out on twitter as well.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

Just a draw and Pool are champions imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:32 am

We play every game to win Premier League - Liverpool vs Chelsea 2276801876

Just like at Atlético on Tuesday :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 am

Shed wrote:
Blue wrote:Surprised Swift is picked ahead of Baker though. Because almost everyone rates Baker higher.

Many were pointing this out on twitter as well.

Only logical explantation i can give is Swift is more physically ready, so maybe that is why he was picked.

Swift deserves the opportunity anyway
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 am

Would bet my house neither will feature; especially Christensen, who will almost surely be involved in the FAYC Final the very next day. Which his makes his own inclusion all the more bizarre.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:49 am

Shed wrote:Would bet my house neither will feature; especially Christensen, who will almost surely be involved in the FAYC Final the very next day. Which his makes his own inclusion all the more bizarre.

agreed more likely more mind games from Mou.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next