harhar11
Lupi
Harmonica
Beautiful Football
8 posters

Go down

Diego Maradona Empty Diego Maradona

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 01, 2014 12:22 am

There are lots of Maradona video over the internet. HeilRJ03 made a new Maradona video here, Man this guy is just unbelievable. I know messi and Ronaldinho of this generation are great player too. But the amount of determination,willingness, mental toughness and Leadership he displayed is unmatched. Honestly even though i love Messi and Ronaldinho but maradona was something else. Look at tis video some of those pitch were so shit i can't even imagine Modern player will even play close to maradona's level.

If Maradona was playing today, would he be the best in the world? In my opinon , absolutely.
One thing i regret very much, i never able to see this great man in his prime.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu May 01, 2014 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Diego Maradona Empty Re: Diego Maradona

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 am

I love how casual fans watch a 6 minute video clip of somebody they never saw, and then come to a conclusion how he was better than others.  rofl 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 01, 2014 12:44 am

Harmonica wrote:I love how casual fans watch a 6 minute video clip of somebody they never saw, and then come to a conclusion how he was better than others.  rofl 

No i watched lots of his matches. i have whole maradona collection lol. i post this because its new video with great highlights.

if you can't see this man greatness ,either you are stupid, ignorant or pure blind. You don't need to be genius to see the greatness of this man. You can be fan of any player(you are Messi fan anyway).
You commented like this probably,because you think Messi is better, as it is your whole purpose to come in this thread.

If you have good purpose you should appreciate him, rather than mocking me.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 am

You post this with great highlights? Then there is place for that: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You also compared him with Messi, so I can talk about that. I actually watched Maradona at his peak in Napoli and saw his goal of the century at the time. And there is no way in hell he was better than Messi in realistic and logical level of thought. Actually Messi surpassed him few years back already.

That was my reaction to your post, laugh for the fact how unaware today's casual fans are.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 am

Harmonica wrote:You post this with great highlights? Then there is place for that: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You also compared him with Messi, so I can talk about that. I actually watched Maradona at his peak in Napoli and saw his goal of the century at the time. And there is no way in hell he was better than Messi in realistic and logical level of thought. Actually Messi surpassed him few years back already.

That was my reaction to your post, laugh for the fact how unaware today's casual fans are.

If you believe so be it then.It's your opinion.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Harmonica wrote:You post this with great highlights? Then there is place for that: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forgetting romantizing, here's journalists opinion of their time in some relation:

World Soccer Player (1982~)

Times in Top 10, average share of votes

Messi (26 years), 32%
Maradona (career), 11%

C.Ronaldo, 19%
Henry, 9%
Shevchenko, 7%
Raul, 5%
Batistuta, 3%

Ronaldo, 17%
Ronaldinho, 16%
Xavi, 10%
Ibrahimovic, 4%

Times in Top 2, average share of votes

Messi (26 years), 32%

C.Ronaldo, 23%

Platini, 33%
Gullit, 28%
Van Basten, 26%
Ronaldo, 23%
Bergkamp, 12%

Ronaldinho, 34%
Maradona (career), 24%
Beckham, 22%
Zidane, 22%
Owen, 21%
Baggio, 18%
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks for the video, As im searching in my memory all i have is a vague memory of world cup 1994 so i cant really add something to ur intro.Thanks anyways
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 01, 2014 1:12 am

Harmonica wrote:

Forgetting romantizing, here's journalists opinion in some relation:

Messi, 32%
Maradona, 11%

C.Ronaldo, 19%
Henry, 9%
Shevchenko, 7%
Raul, 5%
Batistuta, 3%

Ronaldo, 17%
Ronaldinho, 16%
Xavi, 10%
Ibrahimovic, 4%

Messi, 32%

C.Ronaldo, 23%

Platini, 33%
Gullit, 28%
Van Basten, 26%
Ronaldo, 23%
Bergkamp, 12%

Ronaldinho, 34%
Maradona, 24%
Beckham, 22%
Zidane, 22%
Owen, 21%
Baggio, 18%

Harmonica this is my last response to you, i my self one of the biggest messi fan around. But please don't show me any statics, poll or anything, you posted so many of those so many times all goallegacy member can remember those until they die. Didn't you realize yet this is useless?

At last ,i believe i watched enough football to judge who is better between both player.
Thanks.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu May 01, 2014 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 1:16 am

Beautiful Football wrote:Harmonica this is my last response to you, i my self one of the biggest messi fan around. But please don't show me any statics, poll or anything, you post so many of those so many times all goallegacy member can remember those until they die. Didn't you realize yet this is useless?

At last ,i believe i watched enough football to judge who is better player between both player.
Thanks.
You're a weak minded kid, you can think whatever you like, I'm just pointing how wrong you are. Now you can debate against an informed opinion, or hightail back to your fantasy land. And I think we both know which it's gonna be.

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu May 01, 2014 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu May 01, 2014 1:19 am

you must be 40+ or something?!
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu May 01, 2014 2:50 am

Harmonica wrote:

Forgetting romantizing, here's journalists opinion of their time in some relation:

Messi (26 years), 32%
Maradona (career), 11%

C.Ronaldo, 19%
Henry, 9%
Shevchenko, 7%
Raul, 5%
Batistuta, 3%

Ronaldo, 17%
Ronaldinho, 16%
Xavi, 10%
Ibrahimovic, 4%

Messi (26 years), 32%

C.Ronaldo, 23%

Platini, 33%
Gullit, 28%
Van Basten, 26%
Ronaldo, 23%
Bergkamp, 12%

Ronaldinho, 34%
Maradona (career), 24%
Beckham, 22%
Zidane, 22%
Owen, 21%
Baggio, 18%

Journalists? Isn't the world soccer player of the year an award voted by readers of an English magazine? They don't even give maradona the credit that the onze d'or did (bitterness?)

Maradona would be at a disadvantage anyway regardless of any bias. It started in 1982, that isn't when his career started even though you put "career" next to his name, it was impossible for him to win it between 84 to 85 given his team weren't even qualified for European competition or capable of any success, while platini (all time great in his prime) was tearing everything up with a European giant (juventus) in Europe as well as for France in the Euoros. Maybe if football was globalised like today and the readers watched every game he played he might have had a chance simply due to his quality, but it still would be unlikely given the situation. And from 82 to 83? No chance because he had first hepatitis then a broken ankle, he did not complete a full season in two years at Barcelona, while rossi won because of the world cup and zico (another all time great) had a great season.

I don't really see how this shows the opinion about him....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 01, 2014 3:30 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Messi (26 years), 32%
Maradona (career), 11%

C.Ronaldo, 19%
Henry, 9%
Shevchenko, 7%
Raul, 5%
Batistuta, 3%

Ronaldo, 17%
Ronaldinho, 16%
Xavi, 10%
Ibrahimovic, 4%

Messi (26 years), 32%

C.Ronaldo, 23%

Platini, 33%
Gullit, 28%
Van Basten, 26%
Ronaldo, 23%
Bergkamp, 12%

Ronaldinho, 34%
Maradona (career), 24%
Beckham, 22%
Zidane, 22%
Owen, 21%
Baggio, 18%

Journalists? Isn't the world soccer player of the year an award voted by readers of an English magazine? They don't even give maradona the credit that the onze d'or did (bitterness?)

Maradona would be at a disadvantage anyway regardless of any bias. It started in 1982, that isn't when his career started even though you put "career" next to his name, it was impossible for him to win it between 84 to 85 given his team weren't even qualified for European competition or capable of any success, while platini (all time great in his prime) was tearing everything up with a European giant (juventus) in Europe as well as for France in the Euoros. Maybe if football was globalised like today and the readers watched every game he played he might have had a chance simply due to his quality, but it still would be unlikely given the situation. And from 82 to 83? No chance because he had first hepatitis then a broken ankle, he did not complete a full season in two years at Barcelona, while rossi won because of the world cup and zico (another all time great) had a great season.

No, Onze d'Or is a fan vote, World Soccer Player a journalist vote. Either way, Messi is the top man in both, and it's not close.

Maradona played for Barcelona, and Napoli (ManC of its time) and had chance to play in Uefa Cup and European Cup 5 times, scored 5 goals in 25 games, which of 3 penalties.

Those are the he only opinions of the time, to have any relativity. Of course there are individual opinions that go both way like these:

Ossie Ardiles (WC78 Argentina) – "I've already said this that Messi is not only the best football player right now, but also the best football player ever in the history of football. I played with Maradona for 7 years. I thought I'd never see another player like that but I have to say Messi is better."

Cesar Menotti (WC78 Argentina) - "Messi is the best player in the world. He's at the level of the best Maradona."

Jorge Valdano (WC86 Argentina) - "Messi is Maradona every day. It is June 1986 for 5 years now. The last 5 years, Messi is the Maradona of the World Cup in Mexico."

Carlos Bianchi - Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than Diego Maradona and Pele

"A few days ago I did a talk for a business and a Brazilian asked me in the middle of the conference who I considered the best footballer in history, Maradona or Pele. I answered that, with all due respect to those two, right now I see Messi as superior to everyone."

Javier Zanetti - "Who's better, Messi or Maradona? Messi has overtaken Diego: Leo is the greatest of all time." 

Diego Simeone - "Diego has filled us with emotions. But between the cracks, without doubt, Messi is better than Maradona." 

Gabriel Milito - "It doesn't seem right to me to claim that you have to win the World Cup in order to be regarded as the best ever. He just keeps on improving and outdoing himself year after year and that's why he is the best ever for me."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu May 01, 2014 4:38 am

Just a question to you older guys, were the defenders in his era really allergic to staying on their feet like it seems in that video? It looks like their first choice was to dive in, their 2 choice to dive in and their 3 choice to dive in some more. I don't know, but I always thought that the best way to deal with a dribbler was to not overcommit everytime a dribbler makes a dummy/feint.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 5:25 am

look at this fanboy getting all worked up because someone said they prefer maradona .  Laughing 
and lol at the notion that harmonica was anywhere other than his father's nutsack circa 1986  Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 am

I hope Zanetti didn't say it before of 2010, otherwise I have found the real reason why Maradona didn't call up him for that WC Laughing
:facepalm: worst manager ever
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 am

harhar11 wrote:Just a question to you older guys, were the defenders in his era really allergic to staying on their feet like it seems in that video? It looks like their first choice was to dive in, their 2 choice to dive in and their 3 choice to dive in some more. I don't know, but I always thought that the best way to deal with a dribbler was to not overcommit everytime a dribbler makes a dummy/feint.
Because professional fouls etc were allowed back then. you could miss the ball, take the man and just be a foul.
do that nowadays youre on a yellow and dont stand a chance.. look how many time hes taken out from behind in that video

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 8:34 am

I reccomend to watch it for who knows the Italian

the best free kick ever anyway
DieGOAT Proud
Serie A '80 Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 am

cyberman wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Just a question to you older guys, were the defenders in his era really allergic to staying on their feet like it seems in that video? It looks like their first choice was to dive in, their 2 choice to dive in and their 3 choice to dive in some more. I don't know, but I always thought that the best way to deal with a dribbler was to not overcommit everytime a dribbler makes a dummy/feint.
Because professional fouls etc were allowed back then. you could miss the ball, take the man and just be a foul.
do that nowadays youre on a yellow and dont stand a chance.. look how many time hes taken out from behind in that video

So basically, they prefered hard fouls over actual defensive skills back then?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Harmonica wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Messi (26 years), 32%
Maradona (career), 11%

C.Ronaldo, 19%
Henry, 9%
Shevchenko, 7%
Raul, 5%
Batistuta, 3%

Ronaldo, 17%
Ronaldinho, 16%
Xavi, 10%
Ibrahimovic, 4%

Messi (26 years), 32%

C.Ronaldo, 23%

Platini, 33%
Gullit, 28%
Van Basten, 26%
Ronaldo, 23%
Bergkamp, 12%

Ronaldinho, 34%
Maradona (career), 24%
Beckham, 22%
Zidane, 22%
Owen, 21%
Baggio, 18%

No, Onze d'Or is a fan vote, World Soccer Player a journalist vote. Either way, Messi is the top man in both, and it's not close.

Maradona played for Barcelona, and Napoli (ManC of its time) and had chance to play in Uefa Cup and European Cup 5 times, scored 5 goals in 25 games
"

Onze d'or is a vote by French football fans, world soccer is a vote by English fans, I don't know why you think it's a journalist vote.

You didn't counter what points I made. Yes maradona played for Barcelona, as I pointed out unfortunately he never had a full season there. For the first two years at napoli they were not even qualified to play in Europe, while platini - a bigger player than any of messis competitors imho - was in his prime. That's 4 years, the first 4 years of this award, where people could well have thought maradona was the best player in the world, but it illogical to vote for him to win this given the seasons he'd had. After that when the world cup arrived it gave him his chance to compete to win a big competition, he did and both the English and the French magazine readers voted him player of the year. The year after the French magazine readers voted him the player of the year again but the English didn't (bitterness). The year after that the top three of the Onze d'or was 1. Van basten 2. Gullit 3. Maradona, the top two played for ac Milan and won serie a, beating maradonas napoli into second place. If napoli win that title maradona finishes first, and it's an open secret several napoli players fixed the league to lose serie a to milan after doing a deal with napolitan gangsters, who made money off their own people who bet their money on their team to win. All those players were sold immediately, and it would have been another opportunity for maradona to win gone. After that, maradona declined physically and there were other great players at the peak of their powers...

The vast majority of those European appearances come from the 88 89 season when he won the UEFA cup, and it's true he didn't score any goals from open play during it, but he did get loads of assists. One of the two times he played in the European cup was the 90 91 season, by that stage he didn't care anymore and didn't even want to play in the second leg vs spartak moscow hence he was on the bench, heres how he played in the first leg The other time against real Madrid in 87 88 in the first round. Real Madrid were just better than napoli who went to the bernabeu to park the bus, seriously maradona was an auxiliary left back in that match rofl
I've never seen the UEFA cup 86 87 tie but they were knocked out in the first round again.

These were my main points though:

1. Messi is 26 and won his awards while playing all the years he was at his physical best in a team that dominated domestically or went far in Europe, with no physical problems to stop him playing. You can't say that about maradona if you look at were they were at the same age.
2. Your comparison is unfair to begin with as this award started long after maradonas career started.

So I'm just saying, you can't look at this award and say "hey they didn't think maradona was as good as then as they think messi is now" which you are trying to do. It is nowhere near that simple, and I have shown just some of the reasons why.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 2:00 pm

watch messi flop again in the this year's world cup and get outshined by di maria , higuain , aguero etc....

lol at messi better than maradona.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri May 02, 2014 7:56 am

Well, at the last WC Messi easily outshined everyone in the Argentina squad even though he didn't score a goal.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down