LuckAndWin
Dante
M99
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Atalanta vs AC Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: Atalanta vs AC Milan

Post by sportsczy Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

You don't even need WC players... i think the team lacks a project. It's all about immediate satisfaction. But what is Milan building towards? First, address you areas of weaknes and get rid of the dead weight. After that, see what you can improve... be it with WC players or just better players period.

Of course that starts with Berlu and i'm sorry i can't offer words of comfort there.

What's the deal with Galliani anyhow? Is he staying?

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 12, 2014 5:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:What's the deal with Galliani anyhow?  Is he staying?

As long as Silvio is here, so is Galliani.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 12, 2014 8:01 pm

i said , it's not happening and i understand that really well . Nevertheless , i am not really sure you got me here. Here's my point , Milan is supposed to have world class players and if those come from signings or from the youth ranks , it matters not. However-

when depending solely on having world class player just from signings , then there's the issue you talk about and i agree with you. What i meant , wasn't a band-aid solution of any sort , simply because Milan , had the problem not been the money , would still continue to purchase great players , for big amounts if need be , and nobody would bat an eye about it. I am like , 1000% sure all fans would feel great about it , just like any team's fanbase of whom their clubs can get the players they want simply because of money .

Truth is , we need great players again , ordinary players can't bring justice to this shirt. I don't mind from where they come , even though i do preffer to come from inside the house. If that's not possible however , it doesn't necessarily make it wrong to get them from any , if need be , expensive signings . I hope you won't debate the part if Milan should have world class players . These are difficult times for the club , but our identity , won't change for anything. Milan is an elite club and only elite players can bring that forth. Not ONLY youngsters , not only MONEY. But both , are needed and that's the succesfull formula that Milan produced in our golden years. Today we lack the money and sadly , that's what dictates the sport today.  

As for the project , that is , the project . Every succesfull club , or with hopes of that, has their own , unique project , yet a project with a humourisly similar formula : a core of youngsters prefferably from the house with potential to carry on with the high quality players of the team , improve business to be able to purchase some world class when needed , then on to challenge for shiny stuff..  

I know most think differently and it's likely we disagree on details and ways here and there , but expecting stuff from youngsters alone and "projects" which depend on whatever comes along the way , isn't a method you can trully depend uppon , when it's crystal clear this game is now dictated by money . But we know there won't be investments of this sort . So even though i do agree that we have to depend on youngsters . I will also say , we need much more than that and untill we get some power back , i won't delude myself thinking youngsters will get us anywhere , or that this is a project.. It's failure at business and it's exceptions exist to prove the rule.

We do need to sign people , prefferably of the best quality , because that's the standards of Milan and if that's not met , here you go 13-14. We also need a coach with some years behind him , mostly the actual players need someone like that .. I hate to admit that , i trully don't want Seedorf to leave because i know we won't be competing for anything for some time , but it is my honest opinion. I do hope Seedorf will stay on as our coach , especially me who i was waiting for his coaching days a long time ago , only to come to this..

Milan needs money to buy some of the best players or some of the best talents around , keep all the quality younger players that we do possess and mix that with experienced people to lead the charge . That's what i think Milan needs and that will sound arrogant but , any project you can drop on this table , no matter how long term or revolusionary it may be, it will reveal it's true goal to be more money , for more world class players.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Milan needs great players...  but it doesn't have the money to buy established great players.  What's worse, young players with great potential are being transfered at great player prices.

So really, it comes down to this:
-  Youth academy must be very good.  In-house talent of quality must be developed.
-  The scouting department must become one of the best in the world.... and i mean Porto level scouting.
-  Once you start developing good players in house, you can sell 2-3 good players to finance the purchase of a WC one IF you have the depth of talent where you don't need to keep them.

Basically, Milan needs to become Dortmund, Arsenal and Lyon in terms of player development.  Only way unless Berlu decides to spend like the elite.

There are no shortcuts without spending a lot of money.  If your money is not a competitive advantage, then you need to compensate that by creating competitive advantages in other parts of your football model.

It's going to be a fairly long process with no guarantee of success unfortunately.  It will require patience and commitment by both the management and fans of Milan.  Is that possible?  I hope so.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 am

sportsczy wrote:Milan needs great players...  but it doesn't have the money to buy established great players.  What's worse, young players with great potential are being transfered at great player prices.

So really, it comes down to this:
-  Youth academy must be very good.  In-house talent of quality must be developed.
-  The scouting department must become one of the best in the world.... and i mean Porto level scouting.
-  Once you start developing good players in house, you can sell 2-3 good players to finance the purchase of a WC one IF you have the depth of talent where you don't need to keep them.

Basically, Milan needs to become Dortmund, Arsenal and Lyon in terms of player development.  Only way unless Berlu decides to spend like the elite.

There are no shortcuts without spending a lot of money.  If your money is not a competitive advantage, then you need to compensate that by creating competitive advantages in other parts of your football model.

It's going to be a fairly long process with no guarantee of success unfortunately.  It will require patience and commitment by both the management and fans of Milan.  Is that possible?  I hope so.
We embarked on a so-called youth project after T. Silva & Ibra left. Unfortunately, our management are not good at keeping promises. They bought several older players as stopgaps instead of developing and trusting our youth team. Milan is not a good place for youth players to transition in to top level football.

We have had nothing to play for for over half a season, yet the youth have been restricted to very few chances - especially in defence - where we desperately need better players. We had all hoped to see our Primavera captain, Pacifico, called up to partner Rami, but that never happened. Instead the coaches tried every other possible combination and predictably, our defence has leaked goals all season. Not only that, but we also sell off many of our decent youth players and then they come back to haunt us. If you look across the squads of most teams in the Serie A, some of the best players on each team are Milan youth products.

The problem is that these players get loaned out or sold cheaply without being given any chance to crack the 1st team at Milan. That transition from bench to 1st XI never happens in many cases. And even when it does (e.g. Cristante) our transfer dept. feel that they need to bring in some awful veteran based on their name and not their actual performances (e.g. Essien) and this limits the young players' opportunities without actually improving our squad in the short or long-term.

If I, or any other Milan fan here, were running AC Milan, we would almost certainly be in a better financial position, with a better football team too. Often fans think they know best and haven't considered the reality of the situation in enough detail, but here in the Milan section we have analysed the club's problems endlessly. We're not playing dream team or building FIFA or Football Manager teams. All we ask for is that our management stop purchasing stopgaps and develop and purchase youth instead. Yes, the top, top young players cost a lot of money. But we aren't after Neymar or Hazard, we're after Jorginho, Iturbe, Naingollan, etc. Even with some half-assed scouting, we should easily be able to pick up players who have superb potential, especially from smaller Serie A teams. At times I wonder whether our scouts actually watch any football at all outside of Milan games. Instead we are splashing the cash on people like Matri. I think every one of us knows that the 13 million spent on him could've been spent elsewhere. I mean, who goes into a Serie A season with a Zapata-Mexes CB combination?!

The point I'm making is that it's not just about spending like the elite, you can spend like a poor man IF you buy the right players and still get great results. Ultimately, you get the sense that this club has too many people trying to pull the strings and they are all pulling in different directions. Seedorf and Barbara want to develop a project, whilst Silvio and Galliani want short-term success. The problem is that their idea of short-term success involves buying 'names' and not quality.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2