How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

+14
gnrfan
Mr Nick09
McAgger
Onyx
Hapless_Hans
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
Robespierre
Vibe
Kick
Art Morte
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 pm

we would have to be real dumb to sell coentrao now

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Which LB would be an improvement on Clichy/Kolarov? Not really hard to answer for example Monreal who is second choice at Arsenal would easily displace both of them. There are so many options if you're looking for someone who's only better than Kolarov/Clichy and not world class.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Damn, I had no idea people considered both Kolarov and Clichy this average... I thought especially Kolarov had a very good season. Played in 29 PL games, scored one goal and provided eight assists (according to Fantasy stats) and didn't look bad defensively, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon May 12, 2014 10:56 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Which LB would be an improvement on Clichy/Kolarov? Not really hard to answer for example Monreal who is second choice at Arsenal would easily displace both of them.

Go on then........I'll bite....

What's the punchline?
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue May 13, 2014 12:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:To answer your question Art.

Neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough so they need a LB.

They need a DM because Fernandinho and Yaya are too poor defensively at CL level.

They need another AM because Nasri is not good enough to be a starter for a team that wants to win the CL.

For City they are the same stage at Juventus, they can stand still and win the league but that's not good enough they need to be in the latter stages of the CL.

To do this they need a ball winner like Javi Martinez, a quality LB, a CB worthy of being Kompany's partner lol and a quality playmaker to dovetail off Silva.

Don't agree with any of this lol

1) Nasri not good enough to be a starter for a CL team?.....Goran "I don't have a *bleep* twitter" Pandev won a CL as a starter Laughing
2) Fernandinho is fine defensively, he basically covers the whole middle alone (yaya: smoking)
3) Clichy isn't great but he's good enough, see point #1 but replace Pandev with Cristian Chivu
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 am

---------------Hart-----------
Zabs---Kom--New CB-New LB
---------Yaya------Fer---------
-Silva-------------Nasri/new LW-
------Aguero----Dzeko---------
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 am

Anyone who thinks City need a new LB should start actually watching games.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 am

I watch City games and can attest that Clichy is sometimes retarded and Kolarov only provides the occasional godly cross. Neither is particularly boss and the LB is a weak link for the team.

Then again nearly every team's weak link is their LB so...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 am

I think Man C's left side is a bit weak going forward when its Clichy and not Kolarov playing, obviously they rotate a lot I guess Pelle want Clichy to be mroe defensive in some games, but I love Kolarov going forward hes awesome not to mention the set pieces. In the right they got Silva, Navas and Zabaleta so its all good. So I think one top left side player would be good since Nasri isnt always good there.

Not sure their CBs are that convincing still, another top CB would be ideal.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum