Firenze
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Pedram
Onyx
17 posters

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 16

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 am

Levi's Stadium, which will be hosting WrestleMania 31, has the poster below for the event on their official website. The image appears to be something that was put together quickly as a placeholder for the event until the official poster is released. You can check it out below:

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 16 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 16

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 am

WM 31:

Punk vs Bryan WWE WHC
Rock vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Cena
Undertaker vs Bray
Sandow vs Triple H

hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 am

Yohan Modric wrote:WWE2k15 WM 31:

Punk vs Bryan WWE WHC
Rock vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Cena
Undertaker vs Bray
Sandow vs Triple H

hmm

fixed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:42 am

We noted yesterday that Kurt Angle revealed on the latest Ross Report with Jim Ross that he has not signed a contract renewal with TNA because he’s weighing his options. Angle said he thinks he’ll be ready to wrestle in October but admitted that he’s not able to compete like he used to and feels a lot of aches and pains, especially since he’s not using pain medication now.

Regarding Sting, Angle said he heard Sting did not like the contract renewal that TNA offered him last year. Angle said Sting still does not want to give up his career. Angle added that he would love to see Sting have a run in WWE.

The general feeling in JR’s conversation with Angle is that he wants to end his career in WWE.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 pm

We noted before that Chris Jericho will be doing a Highlight Reel segment during Saturday’s WWE live event in New York City at Madison Square Garden. Jericho revealed on Twitter today that he will also be wrestling Randy Orton that night.

Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the United States Title was previously advertised but that will obviously be changed. The main event that night will be John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt in a 20-Man Lumberjack match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

The lumberjacks will be 10 men led by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair and 10 men led by Triple H. Mark Henry is also advertised for the event.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:04 pm

The Atlantic has an article here that's getting a lot of talk today, about alleged racism in WWE.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 pm

We noted earlier this week that UFC star Rashad Evans recently inquired about a pro wrestling career with WWE. It’s not known if Evans directly spoke with someone at WWE but he was talking to people in the wrestling business this past weekend about the idea of getting involved. Rashad recently commented to MMA Mania about the rumors:

“If I ever did anything like that, it would be after I finished fighting, and I’m not gonna (sic) be done fighting for at least four years. I had a million people asking me if I was retiring for wrestling, but honestly speaking, if I didn’t get seriously paid to do it I wouldn’t do it. I think it would be disrespectful to my legacy in the UFC if I didn’t do a deal that would make sense where I got paid! Besides, that shit is harder on my body than fighting.”

MMA stars Chael Sonnen, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir and Shayna Baszler have all tried to open talks with WWE in recent years and at one point there were very vague ideas suggested for Baszler. It’s said that Vince McMahon is leery about using former MMA stars because they are used to huge payoffs and he doesn’t think they would be able to deal with WWE’s schedule. Years ago, Vince really wanted to sign Bob Sapp but their negotiations failed due to money and scheduling issues.

Regarding Sonnen possibly working with WWE, there may have been some interest in having him come in to work as an announcer but that likely won’t be happening now due multiple failed drug tests and the controversy that goes with Sonnen’s name.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Smackdown results for tonight:

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Adam Rose worked this week’s WWE Superstars and SmackDown tapings but it’s said that him being off RAW is not a good sign. There continues to be talk that WWE producer Kevin Dunn does not like the Rose gimmick.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Holy shit the Rose gimmick didn't work? OMG if only there was somebody out there who knew how badly it would fail. If only these people making 6 figure salaries to come up with this stuff had known.

IF

ONLY

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:27 pm

We’ve noted before how Vince McMahon is said to be fully on-board with the push for Rusev and Lana. It’s also been reported that officials have discussed doing Rusev vs. Big Show and Rusev vs. John Cena down the line.

It appears the feud with Big Show will be the first “main event” feud for Rusev. There has been talk of doing the match at SummerSlam but some officials want to delay it until later this year so they have time to build Rusev up more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:58 pm

We’ve noted how Adam Rose’s status as a top WWE mid-carder isn’t looking good. Word within WWE is that because Santino Marella is no longer wrestling, Rose will likely be filling the undercard comedy role from here on out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm

FayObserver.com has an interview with Seth Rollins, who was promoting Tuesday's WWE SmackDown taping at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, NC. Here are a few highlights:
Coming up with his name:

"Seth Rollins is a little bit of an ode to an idol of mine, Henry Rollins. He's the leader of one of my favorite bands, Black Flag. Seth is just a name that I liked."

Something he wishes viewers would see that they don't:

"The one thing I think that's very under the radar and is kind of underappreciated about what we do is that wrestling is really an art form. It's a super-unique interactive medium of storytelling. It's part script, part improvisation.

"There's so much that goes into the presentation of what we do. The crew that works behind the scenes that doesn't get any of the credit is amazing. They work nonstop. There's no rest. There's no off season."

What the future holds:

"During the next couple of years, I plan on being even better than this year, which is saying a lot, because 2014 has been the best year of my career. I just want to be the man."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:We’ve noted before how Vince McMahon is said to be fully on-board with the push for Rusev and Lana. It’s also been reported that officials have discussed doing Rusev vs. Big Show and Rusev vs. John Cena down the line.

It appears the feud with Big Show will be the first “main event” feud for Rusev. There has been talk of doing the match at SummerSlam but some officials want to delay it until later this year so they have time to build Rusev up more.

YESSSSSSSSSSSss

RUSEV CRUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LANA FFS OMGG LOOOOOOOOOL FFS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Cena will bury Rusev. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Being buried by Cena is like a trophy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 pm

This promo. CM Punk needs to return. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Average promo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Better than any promo nowadays. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:04 am

Shamelessly jacking this from elsewhere, I'm reading through it atm, I know a bunch of this stuff already but a lot of it is new to me and it's absolutely hilarious. Read it if bored.

Ridiculous things that happened during WCW.

Spoiler:

part 2

Spoiler:

part 3

Spoiler:
Part 4
Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:08 am

Wasn't Russo's fault WCW collapsed imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 am

Read Parts 1 and 2. Fantastic read Laughing

• Hogan faked injury in order to miss a Nitro that was being preempted by US Open Tennis. He then used this to claim that Nitro's rating fell because he was not on the show. He was subsequently given the WCW title soon after.

rofl rofl

• Chris Jericho's action figures were set so that when they were bought, the receipt would say either "Sting" or "Hogan". They subsequently got the revenue money for the sales.

Unbelievable

• Russo's stint as head booker saw the PPV revenue cut in half within 3 months.

mt pls respond

• Jericho was involved in another segment backstage where he was chasing another wrestler. The cameras didn't cut and so the viewing audience were treated to seeing the two wrestlers suddenly stop running, turn round and walk casually towards the camera while chatting away.

rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 am

No proof of the revenue figures imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next