USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence

+4
beatrixasdfghjk.
LeSwagg James
LeBéninois
BarrileteCosmico
8 posters

Go down

USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence Empty USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Hope Solo arrested for investigation of domestic violence

Soccer star Hope Solo was arrested overnight for allegedly striking her sister and her nephew at the Kirkland home she shares with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, according to police.

Solo is listed in the registry at the SCORE misdemeanor jail in South King County as Hope Amelia Stevens. She is being held without bail for two counts of investigation of domestic-violence assault. Police say Solo, 32, got into an argument with the relatives during a family gathering.

Kirkland police Lt. Mike Murray said this morning that officers were called to the home because of an assault and a noise disturbance.

“There was a big party going on at her house. It was an out-of-control situation,” Murray said.

At some point during the party, Solo allegedly assaulted her sister and her nephew, he said. “There were visible injuries on them,” Murray said.

Solo is the goalkeeper for the Seattle Reign FC.

She has also played on two gold-medal winning Olympic women’s teams and appeared on TV’s “Dancing with the Stars.” In November, 2012, her then-boyfriend Stevens was arrested for allegedly assaulting Solo; a stun gun was reportedly used to break up the altercation. Hours later, Stevens and Solo were married

Stevens, who played college football for the University of Washington, was released because of insufficient evidence in the case. He was never charged.

During an interview with The Seattle Times last year, Solo’s first since the family dispute, Solo said she’s living in the spotlight.

“I’m in the spotlight, but not the truth,” Solo said. “That’s hard to accept, but that is unfortunately kind of how the world is and how the media is.

“Whether it’s with Hollywood, whether it’s with sports figures, whether it’s the president, that’s kind of how it works. I’m realistic and I understand that. That’s why it’s important for me to know who I am, to know I’m living my life the way I want to live, and that I am happy. At the end of the day, I can’t really let myself get too angry about outside opinions that are or aren’t true.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/06/hope-solo-arrested-for-investigation-of-domestic-violence/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence Empty Re: USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:13 pm

#notworthyofathread
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence Empty Re: USWNT's Hope Solo arrested for domestic violence

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Meh, nothing in it.. Stuff like that happens all of the time with families, someone decided to snitch though rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:29 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Meh, nothing in it.. Stuff like that happens all of the time with families, someone decided to snitch though rofl
Beating your kids a little to discipline them I can understand, but beating your sister and your nephew and leaving visible injuries?
Seems out of line.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:31 am

She can attack me any day.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:03 am

Not surprising, every keeper wants to be a striker :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:41 am

Hope Solo ffs. Feel like every 3 months theres a story about her getting in some sort of confrontation with someone in someway.

Hopefully punching other people's faces was at the very least some practice for punched away footballs.

We lost the last world cup to Japan because she was outclassed by a keeper literally half her height and weight. And the world cup before because she got into a fight with the manager, got benched and her backup stunk. She needs to get her head straight and quit it with all these off the field issues, we need her.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:41 pm

As disturbing as this story is, I feel like this adds a bit more legitimacy to football as a sport here. I don't think the USNT has ever really had a bad boy/bad girl so it appears Solo is the first in that regard. Again, it's a poor decision on her part and she will have to face the consequences of that, but on the other hand, it's really interesting how much attention this is getting considering the status of women's football in this country.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down