Has there been a bigger fall than AC Milan?

+20
RED
S
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Doc
teamanarchy
Valkyrja
httredskins47
DeviAngel
juve_gigi
Donuts
windkick
Forza
VendettaRed07
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
Onyx
commando
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has there been a bigger fall than AC Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has there been a bigger fall than AC Milan?

Post by RED Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:09 pm

teamanarchy wrote:Um... Leeds United were Champions League semi-finalists and dropped to the third tier of English football (or was it 4th?)

Earlier, Gil said Real Madrid (please elaborate, when?)
I also think Liverpool's drop down after 2009 might be comparable to Milan's fall...

But, anyways, big point here is that form runs in cycles... eventually clubs come back. They rebuild and come back stronger than ever...
Milan of the late 70s is a perfect example... Came back in the late 80s to become amazing.
The trick is to be a supportive fan throughout, then it feels so much sweeter when your team actually comes through.
That's why la decima was so special after the 12-year wait.

Yeah I know, and during those 12 years, nothing but relegations scraps, near administrations. Very tough.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has there been a bigger fall than AC Milan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has there been a bigger fall than AC Milan?

Post by julias Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 pm

RED wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:Um... Leeds United were Champions League semi-finalists and dropped to the third tier of English football (or was it 4th?)

Earlier, Gil said Real Madrid (please elaborate, when?)
I also think Liverpool's drop down after 2009 might be comparable to Milan's fall...

But, anyways, big point here is that form runs in cycles... eventually clubs come back. They rebuild and come back stronger than ever...
Milan of the late 70s is a perfect example... Came back in the late 80s to become amazing.
The trick is to be a supportive fan throughout, then it feels so much sweeter when your team actually comes through.
That's why la decima was so special after the 12-year wait.

Yeah I know, and during those 12 years, nothing but relegations scraps, near administrations. Very tough.

rofl The way I just laughed in my room
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 am

Gil wrote:Not sure if serious. Ajax, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool have all been in worse situations in recent times.

Rolling Eyes 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Napoli and Leeds come to mind
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Charlton has fallen quite a bit if I'm not wrong, there were midtable when I was younger iirc.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum