Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

+24
Gil
BarrileteCosmico
BusterLfc
Glory
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
iftikhar
RED
Dnmac4
teamanarchy
VendettaRed07
Cotes
terrance511
Footyfan
LeBĂ©ninois
Peccadillo
RedOranje
Nishankly
Onyx
Doc
Motogp69
rwo power
Kick
McAgger
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 pm

I don't think Lewandowski on a free can be beaten to be honest Laughing

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

Post by teamanarchy Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 am

Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...
I'm very worried about James ending up the flop of the summer. It's very possible, considering he may not even be a starter, but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Another candidate for worst is Diego Costa... I really think he's gonna have his work cut out for him in the EPL. Now Gil will come and use some ridiculous rationalisation to say otherwise... but 6 months into the season, you'll see why I said this.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 am

The hate Costa gets is ridiculous I know people always want to see Gil fail but he has done great thing..
i feel like unless he gets top scorer in the league people here will come around saying he flopped, which is a pretty high standard from a player.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 am

teamanarchy wrote:Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...
I'm very worried about James ending up the flop of the summer. It's very possible, considering he may not even be a starter, but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Another candidate for worst is Diego Costa... I really think he's gonna have his work cut out for him in the EPL. Now Gil will come and use some ridiculous rationalisation to say otherwise... but 6 months into the season, you'll see why I said this.

How is Costa a candidate for worst when Lukaku went for 4m less than him?

That is a far worse transfer in terms of quality and price.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 am

Lewandowski transfer had been pretty much done and dusted before the window itself. so albeit the fact that it falls theoretically as a summer transfer, practically i wish to overlook it for other deals. yea for me sanchez to arsenal has been the clearly the deal of the window so far. He was being wasted at Barca. He is gonna rule the epl i have a feeling.
So top 3 so far
1. Sanchez to ars
2. Kroos to GOATdrid
3. Fernando to City

worst
1. Luiz (obvious)
2. Shaw pale
if we include the wages that is.
3. Rodriguez

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:04 pm

best: Lewa, Rakitic
worst: Luiz, Shaw
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 am

Kick wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...

How is Costa a candidate for worst when Lukaku went for 4m less than him?

That is a far worse transfer in terms of quality and price.

Because Lukaku was the best young striker in the EPL for 2 seasons and Costa has not proven himself against no nonsense defenders. The way he bullied defenders in la Liga was why he scored all those girls. Not gonna happen in England.
On the flip side, it will say that I think him and Cesc will combine well, which could make me eat my words...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

not proven himself? he won la liga while not playing for Barca or Real Madrid..
scored second most goals in the league
and reached the champions finals contributing most of the goals for his team.

I understand he came from your rival team but to say stupid things like these just seem silly.

and if one more person starts using the world cup excuse then the same applies to ronaldo who flopped massively hard.. i guess he must not be worth 30m either.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Not proven in the EPL where defenders are way stronger, faster, organized and just better. 4 goals against Getafe is different to doing so against Stoke or Norwich or QPR
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:43 pm

yeah i'm sure suarez struggled so hard to score against norwich.. but excelled in the big matches huh..
EPL defenders are overrated
if costa did fine in champions league he'll do fine in any league.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 pm

For example...
Fernando Morientes
A true RM great... Reached CL final with Monaco... Failed hard at Liverpool.
Very similar playing styles, IMO
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Donuts wrote:yeah i'm sure suarez struggled so hard to score against norwich.. but excelled in the big matches huh..
EPL defenders are overrated
if costa did fine in champions league he'll do fine in any league.

They're not comparable at all... League football and CL football are entirely different tactically.
Suarez and Costa are entirely different strikers.

Believe whatever you want, you're not prepared to listen, so I'm done trying.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

in todays modern world where bale, james, suarez, neymar all go for 80m++

or cavanni is 60m
or torres was 50m

30m for Diego Costa is far from flop, your comparing a huge profit in lukaku to a very low price of costa.

paying low for a current top striker is by no means a flop transfer, he can score only 10 league goals, and still no flop given his price.
i don't see your argument as sane
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Monaco bought James 1 year ago for 45 mil, he had 5 good matches in a tournament and sold him for twice that price a year later. Dat business Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:42 pm

You're going to have to troll better to get a reaction outta me mate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Bramble to Barca IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 am

Morientes was way better than Costa
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 am

morientes was what now? he was as common a poacher as you can find today imo. but he had some clutch moments. a good, even very good player in his time, no more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:morientes was what now? he was as common a poacher as you can find today imo. but he had some clutch moments. a good, even very good player in his time, no more.

did I say that he was Ronaldo ? I said that he was better than Costa
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:56 am

a poacher is nothing else but a stat padder, he never surpassed costa in goals in a season, so i fail to see how he is better.
the bias here is incredible.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:07 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:morientes was what now? he was as common a poacher as you can find today imo. but he had some clutch moments. a good, even very good player in his time, no more.

i was saying that he wasnt, or at the very least, you have to give more years to diego costa to see how he performs overall.

But as far as we just saw from last season, he had just as successful a season as morientes' best year ever was... oh well
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

i was saying that he wasnt, or at the very least, you have to give more years to diego costa to see how he performs overall.

But as far as we just saw from last season, he had just as successful a season as morientes' best year ever was... oh well

you always talk about performing for more years before make a judgement like that. Morientes performed at a quite high level for years.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:25 am

ofc i do, and as you can see, i am not the one that started comparing diego costa and morientes...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 am

teamanarchy wrote:Not proven in the EPL where defenders are way stronger, faster, organized and just better. 4 goals against Getafe is different to doing so against Stoke or Norwich or QPR

This is such a stupid myth Laughing

This "not proven in the EPL" nonsense is the same reason we went for Torres and passed on Aguero in 2011. Its complete nonsense. Same way people used to say small, technical players like Mata and Silva were too soft for the EPL and would flop. Get over it. Its a myth.

Berbatov, one of the laziest strikers I've ever seen, won the golden boot in this same tough EPL.

The fact is, its more about team tactics than the actual defenders. A lot of bottom half teams tend to park the bus a lot against top opposition. In fact, I'd say all. Only Southampton and Swansea are the newcomers who actually wanted to attack when they came in the league.

Again, its about team tactics. Not the defenders. Suarez isn't as physically strong as Costa(though infinitely more gifted technically) yet was able to "bully" defenders. And so have a lot of other physical CFs in the past. Considering teams also like to double and triple team Hazard, Costa will find just enough space. He'll be fine.

But I guess we have to clutch at straws now just to prove a point, ehy? Laughing

P.S. Lukaku was not the best young striker in the league last season. Remember Sturridge?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:16 am

I'm clutching at straws?
No, I've made my point and I'll stand by it.
If/when Costa proves me wrong I promise, I won't do anything of the sort either... I'll admit I was wrong. But he's going to have to prove me wrong first.
And, I disagree about Sturridge too. He's 3 years older than Lukaku...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2