Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet

+16
AnJl
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
FalcaoPunch
abirking
halamadrid2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
MJ
mani88
EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
El Gunner
RealGunner
DuringTheWar
Jay29
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet - Page 2 Empty Re: Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet

Post by MJ Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:03 am

www.footyroom.com always has quality highlights of matches.

Here were today's highlights if you don't mind Russian (I think it was Russian, I watched it a few hours ago)

http://footyroom.com/arsenal-3-0-manchester-city-2014-08/

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet - Page 2 Empty Re: Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30 am

El Gunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:We can play the 4-3-3 more often in big games when we need better protection in midfield, even with Özil, I suggested the same when we were linked with Khedira and it worked very well with Wilshere instead who had a good game among others. Special mention to Chambers who's looked very good again.

Pls no.
The only way I can see that somehow working is with Özil playing in the position where Sanchez played in this match.

That's exactly what I was thinking with Alexis centrally or left.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 am

Cesc pls respond looooool

Spoiler:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:46 am

El Gunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:We can play the 4-3-3 more often in big games when we need better protection in midfield, even with Özil, I suggested the same when we were linked with Khedira and it worked very well with Wilshere instead who had a good game among others. Special mention to Chambers who's looked very good again.

Pls no.
The only way I can see that somehow working is with Özil playing in the position where Sanchez played in this match.

I know you dislike Ozil, but it's exactly the same setup as how Germany played at the WC lol.

Sanchez for Muller, Giroud for Klose, Arteta for Kroos, Wilshere for Schweignsteiger and Ramsey for Khedira.

It would be fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:22 pm

I absolutely dislike the idea of wasting Özil on the wings. He's arguably the best AM in the world, and to shuffle him out of position just to play a 3 man midfield with Ramsey and Wilshere doesn't sound right - especially not with just Arteta (or Flamini) anchoring. If we had a WC DM, then still I wouldn't like the idea.

But what stands out clear as day in the flexiblity in tactics. 1-2 or 2-1 midfields are both well covered with the options at hand, as are possibilities of 2 up front, with Giroud/Sanogo supported by pacy SS or Giroud & Sanogo a la FA Cup.

So theoretically, Arsene has the ability to change formations best suited to each opposition and to the best 11 available before the game.

What we can't do is a 3 man defense but if we do sign a good CB, we could also do that Very Happy Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:41 pm

nope 4231 is the way
yesterday game if anything was indicative that Sanchez can Benefit having runners in front of him
with the way he played Sanogo In for the 2nd goal
you think Giroud would have chased that?nah
as his 1st coach described
Juan Segovia wrote:“He was a born ‘pointer',” he says, in reference to Sanchez's playing position. “I never positioned him as a striker but as a forward, like he played at Udinese. He had the freedom to play in front of the midfield and he was everywhere accompanying his team-mates. But he was not a goalscorer. He was more of a creator.”

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm

We have too many creators, we need clinical finishers ffs

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm

tell that to Arsene
Moar Creators Community Shield - Manchester City 0 - 3 Arsenal: Glorified Friendly Trophy in the Cabinet - Page 2 Xowen10

my point was to further claim Alexis would be wasted up front imo
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Gives us more options, Giroud and Sanogo are enough forwards cut from that cloth.

Now if we brought in Reus......................... #brb

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Sanogo stretches defenses way more than Giroud imo. He'll only get better at that.

Giroud is a better physical presence and has fantastic hold up play.

Neither are great finishers so it doesn't seem we're well stocked in players to put away chances.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm

srigooner wrote:We have too many creators, we need clinical finishers ffs

MJ wrote:Sanogo stretches defenses way more than Giroud imo. He'll only get better at that.

Giroud is a better physical presence and has fantastic hold up play.

Neither are great finishers so it doesn't seem we're well stocked in players to put away chances.

Thank you sir!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm

I'd classify Ramsey, Podolski and Walcott as clinical finishers. Also, lest we forget, Alexis scored 21 goals last season and has a pretty handy conversion rate to back that total up. Campbell, too, looks a promising finisher.

Yesterday we hardly bombarded City's goals with chances, but scored three. We're a more clinical side these days. If anything, we don't create enough chances.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Nah, I am talking about forwards being clinical. So Ramsey wouldn't count - nor any midfield/defense contributions to goals.

Podolski barely ever starts and despite his clinical left foot, we don't see him much - that situation can't have improved with Sanchez and Campbell also in the mix now.

Theo has improved tremendously, but I want to be cautious because he's just coming back from an ACL. Best not to heap all eggs in that basket.

Sanchez - first season in EPL, so not going to judge based on his goals last season. Same story for Campbell.

We aren't going for any more additions to the forward line. But in the hypothetical situation that we do, then I would want somebody who is a lethal finisher - that's my point.

Also, both Campbell and Sanchez also make a case for being creative players in this mix.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Pls no.

I know you dislike Ozil, but it's exactly the same setup as how Germany played at the WC lol.

Sanchez for Muller, Giroud for Klose, Arteta for Kroos, Wilshere for Schweignsteiger and Ramsey for Khedira.

It would be fine.

I initially thought that Urban wanted Ozil in the midfield 3.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:20 pm

I initially thought there was but there wasn't deflection on Giroud's goal vs City.

http://www.gfycat.com/UncomfortableRealBuck#
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 pm

There wasn't when I first saw it. It was cleanly struck and the ball didn't move at all from the way he hit it.

Stuart Robson tried his best to say there was a deflection though lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Who cares. Either way it was inept goalkeeping. I swear when I first saw it I thought it went in off the far post lol, on further viewing it turned out it was straight at the goalkeeper
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 pm

The keeper was off his line, Giroud spotted it and took advantage, take nothing away from him just because the Caballero was too far forward. There was still plenty to do.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Fantastic performance, excellent result and a great way to start the new season.

Chambers, Debuchy and Alexis were superb and will get better in the coming weeks with improved fitness.

Sanogo looks a lot more confident this season too.

Still think Arsenal will add 2 players before the window closes in three weeks; CB and DM are needed. Arteta did well yesterday, and I'm pleased he is our captain, but we all know in the big games last season he was caught out. Carvalho and Khedira are the ones that stand out - as does Schneiderlin - whilst Manolas would be a great addition at the back.

But for now, let's enjoy yesterday's result. Hopefully 3 points on Saturday!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2