Dante
Forza
Ganso
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Milan-Juventus 20/09/2014  - Page 3 Empty Re: Milan-Juventus 20/09/2014

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm

it was easy job for marchisio against muntari. he didnt even have to sweat for it. muntari made life ever so easy for juve midfield.

disappointed in poli too. just cant wait to have montolivo back

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Can't say they didn't deserve it, they were by far the better team.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
baresi wrote:
1-0 would be lovely

how does it taste now? rofl

Lovely
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Poli almost always gets tired after 50 mins. He plays well and runs a lot before getting tired. Poli should learn to spend his energy better.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:16 pm

uzonero wrote:Are we really blaming this on muntari?
Juventus are a level above and it showed
For all his hardwork, Poli couldn't seem to stay on his feet whenever he was pressed
Rami was exposed badly all game

So I think Muntari wasn't the sole reason we lost

100% agree! I don't even think he was a reason! not to mention the sole reason.
Muntari did well IMO, he was ok... Our defense was horrible, positioning was bad, our CBs where seen out of position more than in position.

One point worth mentioning, with Allegri we played better against Juve having a worse squad than the current one... Just for the record
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 pm

good thing about this game was:

menez was our best player, track back helped again in build up play. compensated for muntari in attack

rami zapata was great. shows that either rami or zapata is far better to pair with alex than bonera

abate is in great form, and abbiati did good job

bad thing about this game

muntari as i mentioned above.

poli

surprsingly honda was poor

and no offense but de sciglio (shaky passing, poor in defending)

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 pm

What we lacked in this game was a midfielder who could keep hold of the ball in tight spaces as well as move the ball forward.. We didn't create any chances all game, not because Juventus were superior but because we showed them way too much respect

Perhaps coming out and taking the game to Juve would have exposed our backline a lot but I think we should have risked it a bit.. Our attack this game was totally non-existent
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 pm

The performance was disgusting. I hate watching us play anti football. That performance made a coach like Di Matteo look like Zeman ffs.

I much preferred us losing 2-0 and dominating the match rather than us losing 1-0 whilst getting dominated.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:20 pm

I want us to try this once Montolivo is back:

--Bonaventura-----De Jong-----Montolivo--
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 pm

I have to disagree with u there Jeps, Rami - Zapata was far from solid.. Rami was by far the worst of our backline, was shaky all game, got beat a lot of times by the opponent and they were both caught out of position a couple of times

It's refreshing to see Abate in such great form though
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Agreed with Uzonero and Baresi . I kind of expected the way this game would play out , though . I was really pessimistic about a win , i knew we wouldn't attack full force in fear of conceding too much again and i also knew before hand that Allegri would be cautious as well. For all the leaking of goals or the inspiring attacking displays of the previous games , the game played out pretty much as expected . For the result , difference maker was Pogba for me , did whatever he wanted all game.  

Defence needs work , no need to stress that even more . Having said that , i think we are making progress , despite the defeat . My only concern was that we respected them more than we should have , after the goal it showed , although after the Parma game it was inevitable that we would be extra cautious i guess . Other than that , the game ended in a fair result . It kinda reminded me of the archetypal , classical Italian derby , of 0-0 or 1-0 , were both teams are more concerned not to lose than to actually win the game. Proud

As for Muntari , i don't think he did bad and i certainly don't think there's anyone to blame in particular. Even Abbiati who i personally thought would let us down big time , he certainly did not . They are all at fault in the end , collectively. They simply should have done better . No tragedy in the end , though . I expect us to bounce back against Empoli at full force.

Last thing , i was much more dissapointed with the performance of El Shaarawy and was concerned with it for the rest of the game , much more than the end result . He is excused of course , returning from a minor injury , but i hope he moves on quickly. We really need El Shaarawy this season , he's trully our best player at full strength and it saddens me to see him unable to play his game like he knows he can . I hope for Milan's sake he finds form again , as soon as possible.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Same thoughts Dante.. I was gonna say it earlier but I decided to let it fly, El sharaawy was totally disappointing and it wasn't just the gameplan that limited him. He couldn't carry out the basics such as ball control. Bonaventura provided more spark in his short time on the field
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:14 am

I must say that I am disappointed with the result, and I must say that our midfield , bar de Jong, is dreadful. Both Poli and Muntari are terrible players and unfortunately Montolivo isn't that much better. We really need a creative midfielder and we need it fast. Berlusconi has to spend money, or we won't make it to the next level. A good buy this winter could guarantee us a top 3 finish.

Honda is getting a lot of hate, but he played well in my opinion. He ran and pressed hard and on top of that would drop deep to defend. Tactically Inzaghi messed up, but I guess that is what happens when an inexperienced couch is appointed (I am sure he will learn from it).

I don't know if it was me, but I noticed that our players have low fitness levels. They could barely run after an hour! That is strange considering that we didn't play midweek.

Hopefully the team and coach learn from the match.
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:41 am

Tigole wrote:I must say that I am disappointed with the result, and I must say that our midfield , bar de Jong, is dreadful. Both Poli and Muntari are terrible players and unfortunately Montolivo isn't that much better. We really need a creative midfielder and we need it fast. Berlusconi has to spend money, or we won't make it to the next level. A good buy this winter could guarantee us a top 3 finish.

Honda is getting a lot of hate, but he played well in my opinion. He ran and pressed hard and on top of that would drop deep to defend. Tactically Inzaghi messed up, but I guess that is what happens when an inexperienced couch is appointed (I am sure he will learn from it).

I don't know if it was me, but I noticed that our players have low fitness levels. They could barely run after an hour! That is strange considering that we didn't play midweek.

finally someone who echos my thoughts lol.

we needed a talented creative midfielders who can dictate the midfield, who can orchestrate build up play. for the millionth time i have been saying that midfield are the brain and key to organizing from defense to attack and final finish. and we are still clinging onto pre/post allegri era.

i hope or wish that inzaghi realizes the fact that he and sheva could score so much goal because of the fact that in their times the midfield was incredibly talented and balanced with both creativity and defense.

im not angry also because we lost to juve, its not cool to loose to arch rival but, what pisses me off is that our midfield is pretty much same as like 3-4 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 am

@tigole.

regarding the fatigue ... well its pretty evident that when our midfielders give ball away cheaply.... we are giving opponents possession.... playing cat and mouse our players will get tired anyway. and especially when we are playing counterattacking tactics, its going to take a toll easily. im not surprised.

thats why in that respect i dont wish to see muntari or any players who give ball away cheaply, who loose possession, makes sloppy risky passes and dont have confidence. thats why i always think that some of our players dont have basic fundamental football skills, as Nesta recently said, every players need technical skills, tactical knowledge can be improved in time, but technical quality is something every players fundamentally need to have.

Nesta is 100% right. at milan i can count almost half of the players who dont have that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:50 am

Tigole wrote:I must say that I am disappointed with the result, and I must say that our midfield , bar de Jong, is dreadful. Both Poli and Muntari are terrible players and unfortunately Montolivo isn't that much better. We really need a creative midfielder and we need it fast. Berlusconi has to spend money, or we won't make it to the next level. A good buy this winter could guarantee us a top 3 finish.

Honda is getting a lot of hate, but he played well in my opinion. He ran and pressed hard and on top of that would drop deep to  defend.  Tactically Inzaghi messed up, but I guess that is what happens when an inexperienced couch is appointed (I am sure he will learn from it).

Compared to the freak of nature that is this Juventus after 3 years under Conte ?? Yes , compared to them , we have low fitness levels. We met them eye to eye and we couldn't keep up in the 2nd half.

We were quite literaly sad last year in that aspect , however , i think we have improved markedly so since last season.. yet Juventus under Conte have been uncontested n1 on this in Serie A. Conte was probably making them jog to launch everyday ffs

In this we have room to improve as well , although i will add here i am nowhere near concerned with this as i was last season . Last season's pathetic athletic standards were a tragedy to behold . Thankfully after Seedorf came we improved consistently and the team proved the progress they made on the pitch .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:07 pm

JespSwe wrote:@tigole.

regarding the fatigue ... well its pretty evident that when our midfielders give ball away cheaply.... we are giving opponents possession.... playing cat and mouse our players will get tired anyway. and especially when we are playing counterattacking tactics, its going to take a toll easily. im not surprised.

thats why in that respect i dont wish to see muntari or any players who give ball away cheaply, who loose possession, makes sloppy risky passes and dont have confidence. thats why i always think that some of our players dont have basic fundamental football skills, as Nesta recently said, every players need technical skills, tactical knowledge can be improved in time, but technical quality is something every players fundamentally need to have.

Nesta is 100% right. at milan i can count almost half of the players who dont have that.

mate you have to make peace with something . No matter which midfielders or team we have , we will always all the time lose possesion frequently . Even Guardiola's Bayern loses possesion frequently , i am sure if you checked the stats ,  they probably lose the ball more than we do. It's one thing to lose the ball , what you do after is what makes a team.

No matter what a team does , you can't always keep the ball under your possesion without mistakes or risks taken . For example , we seem focused on counter attacking strategics .

Obviously , we aren't going to keep hold of the ball ideally . The momentum and pace required to execute such plans correctly & effectively , will make continuous possesion on the ball difficult. It's not even meant to last , if we want to be strict. To play on the counter , the opponent must have the ball first .

Now , we don't solely play counter and i understand what you are saying . You are right , in part. Yes Muntari is wastefull . Yes we seem slow/in panic under pressure some times , or look at Zapata , can't pass a straight pass to his left back ffs. The thing is , even if we had some of the best players in their position , they would still make mistakes like that .

It is inevitable and something i kindly believe you should think about. I am not suggesting forgive every bs Muntari makes , lol . Make your peace with the fact that even the best players will waste possesion , either for inability or for an audacious attempt , or because the opponent read the play.. Or just because , why not try the impossible ? Too many reasons.

We don't have the best team and maybe most of our wasted possesion goes down to inability .. but it isn't always to point your finger at them . Even the best teams we had frequently wasted possesion . The thing is , they weren't nearly as much at risk as we seem to be lately , when this happened.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 pm

This was Inzaghi's 3rd competitive game in charge and it was against a top quality opponent. The most important thing is that Inzaghi learns from this and improves.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am

Firstly I would like to say that as disappoint a result as this is, the result and even the performance are irrelevant. In a league, each game presents the opportunity to earn another three points, regardless of our opponent. Chelsea dropped only two points in big games last season and ended up finishing third in the Premier League. As frustrating as it is to watch our side perform so poorly, we must maintain a balanced attitude. This season is about rebuilding our side and that involves a mental resurrection as much as anything. Shrugging off a bad game and focusing on the next is one of the simplest and most difficult tasks but there are advantages to results which keep our side grounded.

Regarding the game, we were extremely well marshalled by Juventus, who were almost flawless after the break. In the first half our determination to sit deep and rob Juventus of space in behind proved problematic against a side that possessed great dynamism in midfield. Where a side like Barcelona were contained in the San Siro due to a slow tempo, lack of width up front and poor movement from midfield, Juventus ensured that Tevez could not become the focus of our defence when dropping deep in his free role due to the ability of Pogba and Pereyra to combine with their forwards and drive the ball forward. The game took on a familiar shape, with our lack of pressure up front encouraging Juve's central defenders to advance forward into midfield and Lichsteiner performing admirably as an auxiliary winger. When recovering possession in a deep position in the first half we struggled to move the ball vertically with precision and often left Menez isolated from our wide options in El Shaarawy and Honda. ES found himself too deep to contribute due to his defensive duties in tracking Lichsteiner whilst Honda often tucked in to respond to our midfield shifting across. As the first half progressed, El Shaarawy and Menez began to regularly switch positions, however our recycling of possession in midfield lacked fluidity and too often our fullbacks would either be forced to pass long down the wing, placing extreme pressure on El Shaarawy and Honda to keep possession or a poor first touch in midfield would return possession to a relentless Juventus. Our best opportunities often arrived as the result of moves initiated not from the back but as the result of pressure from our forwards who on several occasions were able to win back possession around the half way line and break forward, however this unfortunately left the player with the ball bereft of options. We were able to establish possession for a sustained period on very few occasions through the half, though when we did, we saw some of the broader characteristics of our play from previous years kick in. We looked to keep constrict the game to our opponent's half and pushing our fullbacks up to provide width, however too often our play proved selfish. More concerningly though was just how rarely we could enforce such a game on Juventus. Honda's great effort to win a header against a towering backline aside, Buffon was rarely tested.
Whilst we still conceded too many efforts from around the box in the first half and allowed too much down our left flank, we had at least enjoyed a few positive moments and had maintained a clean sheet, signs which at least gave us hope of stealing a result.

The second half however was disastrous. From very early on it was clear that we had lost our way, not only in the manner in which we invited pressure but the collapse of our limited possession game. We deformed the shape of our team to essentially create a five man backline, with Honda tracking Asamoah and Abate watching Pogba when he drifted out wide. A combination of fatigue, lack of technique in midfield and our team structure then conspired to completely rob of us control of the match, at which point the concession of a goal became almost inevitable. Honda, in his new position of right back, was reduced to hoofing to where Honda should have ideally been. Both Muntari and Poli were guilty of dallying too long on the ball when opportunities to launch counter attacks presented themselves, allowing Juventus to close them down and rob Menez and El Shaarawy of any further service. Our forwards were essentially required to fight for aerial balls, a job Menez did with admirable gusto, however as soon as our composure from the back and in midfield disintegrated it was evident that we required a true centre forward to provide a reference point, hold the ball up and allow us time to move our line up and take a breath in possession. Instead we were reduced to instantly providing Juventus the opportunity to once more knock at the door until they eventually burst through. Here Inzaghi must shoulder blame for refusing to act promptly to the issue of midfield fatigue and the breakdown of our forward structure which was evident early in the second half but which was not dealt with until after we conceded in the 70th minute. Whilst a lack of depth may partially explain his reluctance to act, whilst certain members of the team have yet to really become integrated with the team due to their late arrival, our situation was clearly hopeless for a long time before Tevez finally scored. By the time we affected our changes, the damage had been done. Honda was forced to take up a position in midfield when his legs were already gone and we never looked likely to come back after conceding. Our game plan relied heavily on grinding out a 0-0 draw and for that we required reinforcements to return some energy to our defensive efforts as we allowed Juventus to maintain possession in deeper and deeper positions befire applying pressure to the ball carrier. If you let a side with the quality Juventus possess camp outside your box, it's a matter of when, not if, they score.

Individually, it was a frustrating day. Our forwards were largely let down by those behind them. Menez, El Shaarawy and Honda were largely bereft of service and were forced to do a great deal of defensive work that took them too far away from goal to affect the game when they did receive possession. As a team we failed to push Juventus back to allow them time to take touches, play themselves into the game and link up. Instead they were required to play a very vertical game in which they were bereft of passing options out wide or in advanced positions, requiring them to drive at an opponent which always outnumbered them in defence and which rarely looked vulnerable to the counter, even when Chiellini was robbed of the ball. We rarely pressed as a team to provide opportunities to get at Juventus when they weren't at a numerical advantage and we weren't able to consistently force errors from their men on the ball, reducing the number of counters and their chance of success. Whilst criticisms can be made of our front line, it wasn't their fault they were unable to greatly affect the game. In midfield, Poli and Muntari were decent in the first half, but Andrea was too often beaten for strength. It was an improvement over his performance, for example, in last year's first derby from a positional sense, however his defensive contribution must still increase. If he can't jostle for position in an individual tussle then he has to be able to slide tackle, however instead responsibility was passed onto someone else. Muntari meanwhile was predictably selfish when afforded a sight of goal, whilst he was too ponderous on the ball and needed to move the ball on a second quicker when looking to initiate counter attacks. It's nothing he can change, he is what he is. He will do a reliable defensive shift and is useful for such a defensive game in the presence of more technically able midfielders, however in the absence of Montolivo, we require our midfielders to assume more responsibility in possession and he's simply not capable. De Jong meanwhile was decent in the first half, however the task given to him was essentially overwhelming and no one defensive midfielder was going to stop the floodgates in midfield. Attempted to provide an option to recycle the ball however in a game in which our first instinct was to pretend each player's right leg was a golf club there was little he could do to become a calming influence. Defensively, Abate was having a reasonable night, having made some good interventions against Lichsteiner and Llorente before inexplicably halting when tracking Tevez' run, giving him the foot he needed to escape his attentions and slot home. Rami was all over the place throughout the night, being constantly pushed around, rushing forward to make challenges he would then not win and providing no leadership from the back. It is already known that he is not an organiser or leader, however it remains frustrating that our most experienced defender on the night did nothing to stem the tide. His decision to shoot from 40 yards out on a late set piece in which we had 7 men in the box waiting for the ball to be played in deserved an actual fine. Absurdly selfish play reminiscent of the chaos of last year, not our supposed new team spirit under Inzaghi. Zapata was not from memory at fault for any particularly horrendous mistake but neither did he cover himself with glory, whilst De Sciglio was, much like Abate, a mixed bag and fortunate to escape censure for some challenges on Lichsteiner, likely because the latter is despised by pretty much every ref in the league for never shutting up. Laughing

I now wish to respond more specifically to some of the comments made in this thread.

Regarding MilanDevil, Muntari was poor in possession, however on average, his contribution to most games throughout the season is positive, unlike the QWOP impersonation that was Traore. Is he good enough for our first team? No, however it is unfair for us to criticise his ability to take on more responsibility than he is capable for. When given a restricted role he has proven effective, if limited. The issue that JespSwe identified, that so often the opportunity to initiate a counter attack fell to Muntari, was no conincidence but rather indicative of the greater issues we faced as a team against Juventus. If we ask Sulley to do things that we already know him to be incapable of, he will naturally fail. He should be given credit for the little he can do though.

The points that Jespswe raised regarding Muntari and Poli I agree with, though interestingly enough your point about Montolivo's return relates very well to Baresi's comment relating to our superior performance under Allegri against Juventus than Inzaghi's first attempt. Montolivo's presence fundamentally alters our capabilities, not simply as a midfield but in the style that we can impose as a team. Without Riccardo, we have a midfield that is superior to most in Serie A but falls short of Juventus, Roma, Fiorentina and on paper, Inter, though Mazzari's style of play means that we still tend to maintain control of the ball against them. With Montolivo in the side, we're inferior to no one, essentially clashing horns with Juve and Roma. Our performance in the derby against Inter under Allegri last year without Montolivo illustrates well the issues we have in enforcing a game in which we attempt to control possession in our opponent's half. At the beginning of the game we took a long time to settle and eventually find some sort of rhythm on the ball, with De Jong eventually taking up the mantle of setting the tempo and facilitating possession by providing a simple option for the man on the ball. We lacked our usual fluidity however and it notably lowered the tempo we play at and also placed a heavy offensive responsibility onto players without Monty's ability on the ball or vision. Montolivo is the one our players look to when they are under pressure to maintain possession, he's the one who orders others around on the pitch in the centre, he's the one who will drop deep when necessary or push up. Crucially, when the ball is first recovered, the ball is immediately sent to Montolivo to initiate the counter attack. That he is also our second best midfielder defensively after De Jong should also be noted, with his positional sense and relative strength in the tackle making his loss even more significant when attempting to hold out against a side such as Juventus.

Cas, I agree wholeheartedly, it was frustrating to watch and it certainly robbed of us our ability to gain something from this match. I am willing to forgive this however as an early abomination as long as we respond well and show progress in our matches against important opposition as the season progresses.  

I certainly understand Dante's concern about El Shaarawy, however I believe that this again comes down to the issue of responsibility and support. Whilst one would like to see more from our premier attacker, he was too often given the ball deep in his own half. We failed to either put him in a position where he can isolate a single defender, instead asking him to face two or three men on the counter, or to push up into our opponent's half to give him a chance from a more static position due to the lack of support from De Sciglio and Muntari.

I absolutely reject Tigole's statement concerning Montolivo's influence over our midfielder, however this is addressed above. I do not dispute however that a creative midfielder would be welcome, though I am still unsure as to how Inzaghi quite wants our midfield to evolve in the future.

Finally Forza is quite right in that this is only Inzaghi's third competitive game. He was schooled by Allegri but that's no shame up against a scudetto winning coach in charge of a dominant, title winning machine. If he learns then we've gained something from this match as a team. Certainly I will be looking to see how he next responds when we are in trouble in a match. This was the first time we had gone behind under his tenure or even really struggled to at least implement our game in attack. How he looks to change the course of the game through tactical alterations and substitutions is as yet an untested skill and it will be intriguing to see how this develops throughout the year.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Excellent post Dostoevsky . Insightful analysis on the game , pretty much sums up and also adds to my thoughts on the game . For some weird reason however , i am not so dissapointed .

And whenever we lose to Juventus , i used to be more than dissapoint lol . I guess i kinda expected the outcome of the game and i took it easier for that. Nevertheless , we didn't really play this game like we ought to , especially in the 2nd half as you said and it's something i would like the team to adress , in time . Inzaghi , for all the enthusiasm and inspiration he has already managed to give the fans , knows that we are still a long way before we reach a certain level as a team .

We must gain back some momentum now and hopefully have some exciting games ahead . I want to see if Inzaghi will stay true to his word , above all else , his phrase that whenever we lose it will be because they played better , not because they wanted it more . I think that was the case against Juventus , definitely , however if we want to gain some ground back , i'd say we must stop respecting opponents this much .

He said that sitting back isn't any of our flaws , but we did that , even if it was to initiate counter attacks. Nevertheless , we didn't really seem capable of dangerous counter attacks either , especially in the 2nd half. In the end he lost to Allegri in their personal battle , but i want to believe Inzaghi will come stronger from this than Allegri , who surely didn't learn anything new when we played. We talk about our own issues and all , but Allegri was also extra carefull with his team . It seemed like we were unable to break them , simply because he carefully constracted a very strong gameplan . Let's not forget he knows almost the entirety of this team inside out and he was familiar with their weaknesses and strengths. Yet i saw Juventus was 'satisfied' with how the game was going and certainly after the goal , Juventus looked to close the game .

It's not like we were totally miserable in the 2nd half , it was usual Allegri here , finishing the game before the final whistle , being content with a simple 0-1 , but with the increasing certainty of the 3 points as the game went on . Also , how Pereyra moved and played in this game , it slightly reminded me of how he used Boateng at Milan. I saw glimpses of Boateng-Ibra in Pereyra-Tevez at times , how Pereyra would look to overcome the obstacles in the midfield and try to connect with Tevez and get something out of our defence. It didn't work as far as results go , say a goal , but he created a lot of trouble for our midfielders , often forcing them to sit further back as a result . Credit has to go to Pogba also , simply put , had it not been for him i really doubt this game would have been anything else other than a draw , even if all the rest we've said here are still true .

There was also that incident with the peno , but i personally didn't think it was legit during the game and never got to watch it again . Having said that , i don't even think about it , not even the last thing in my mind on the game. I wanted to see where we at , always wanting the win of course , but before anything else , i wanted to see how we stand up against a stronger opponent at this point in time . Peno or no peno , at best this would have meant 1 point , nothing crucial in the end.

In conclusion , i'd say we should have done more and better , but given our past and present , we can be optimistic for the season at hand , if not positively realistic. I may have had doubts about a win , but i was pretty much certain that even if we would lose , it wouldn't be by a large margin or anything of sorts . Like Forza said and i of course agree, this was just our 3rd game under Inzaghi , with many changes at Milan . This Juventus team is together for a long time now , taking everything into consideration , we didn't do that bad , as dissapointing and frustrating losing a derby can be... I believe had this game been in November-December , the game itself would have been different and more open . Imo , regardless of the result . We need time to rebuild , before anything else.

All in all , i really believe we are getting there , slowly but certainly and i am very happy for that. Defeats always reveal truths about teams and i saw grit and determination in this team , for all the mistakes or individual limitations . I think it will show in the season to come .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 pm

that is very admirably explained Dostovsky and dante and i agree that muntari should be admired for the efforts positives ones that he put, but i cant help myself but feel that, on his third season now, we have been seeing muntari regularly and for the first time I have seen him in Parma that he rarely lost posesssion or gave ball away, he was spreading ball, defending well. but that was 1 game... in like 30 games he has featured that to me he performed really well.

with bonera well i can write a book about him but everyone knows the frustration and anger

for me thats not good enough, this would be my 13 years of supporting Milan, and I have seen difficult times and glory days, and sure... under current climate I cant expect milan to make world class signing but, 3 years of this mediocre midfield.... and when we have people with over 30 years of experience in football, I would expect a proper diligence in technical and sporting scrutiny. not just midfield but defense.

if it is the political conflict of interest that is holding up Milan to exercise a proper technical and sporting scrutiny to remove all the rubbish pathetic players we have, then all those who are involved in technical and sporting positions deserves to be fired, and I would want galliani's resignation and berlusconi needs to go to hell.

post ibra, silva they said they would focus on youth, they said they would make changes for the better. all i am seeing is worse.

ok this is just 3rd game under inzaghi and i know things can get better with experience but im praying that inzaghi goes back to what he achieved and look what is necessary to make all of our departments strong, to make right calls and ignore those stupid calls from the top of the food chain

if inzaghi gets fired for all the right calls he made, then so be it, inzaghi would walk away with his head held high for making right calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

in some respect i just am still feeling for seedorf. he probably was trying to make changes that galliani obviously didnt like or berlusconi.

and montolivo and de sciglio came and said seedorf didnt listen to players....

i was like .. u know what f... k that... players should be listening to coach ... not the other way around. this is one of those biggest problem in football right now..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3