Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea

+2
Kick
Shed
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:44 am

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Wsk3G0k

Chelsea will travel cross town to face off in their second London derby on the
spin against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday, October 18ᵗʰ
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea V2lEDHk

Premier League Matchday 8 sees Chelsea travel to Selhurst Park to contest their second London derby on the bounce against London neighbours Crystal Palace. The sides go into this match looking to either regain or resume their respective good runs and will have a positive result firmly in their sights. For the home side, their first defeat in the era of newly-appointed manager Neil Warnock in the last matchday after a previously undefeated run under the Englishman will certainly see the Eagles looking to bounce back, and another upset result against local rivals Chelsea having unexpectedly triumphed over them the previous season would do that and then some. For the Blues, another win in the League against Arsenal 2 weekends before took their record to 6 victories in 7 with zero defeats, and José Mourinho's men will undoubtedly be looking to extend that to 7 come Saturday, with a bit of revenge for last season's so damaging a scalp almost certainly on their minds as well.

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea IbnS5Cux28Aonj

The corresponding fixture last season as mentioned was one that the home side were victorious in, and which resultantly put a severe dent in the Blues' title hopes going into the season's final stretch, a John Terry own goal inflicting the damage.
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea EminentBonyJavalina

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea FlippantPhonyBovine

___
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea GlassMinorHart
-
Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea SlightMeatyHumpbackwhale
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea ImpishCreativeBernesemountaindog

The sides go into this match on the back of a pair of 2-0 results the weekend before the international break, though on opposing ends thereof. Crystal Palace were defeated 2-0 by Hull City courtesy of goals from Mohamed Diamé and Nikica Jelavić, while Chelsea triumphed by the same scoreline over London and title rivals Arsenal at the Bridge through goals from Eden Hazard and Diego Costa.
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea BZcoweU
-

In light of said international break, Eagles boss Neil Warnock says he is hoping it will work in his side's favour, remarking sarcastically:

"I hope the Chelsea players go everywhere in the next fortnight!"

Indeed, with the majority of the Blues' players off on duty with their respective countries across the globe, as well at the West Londoners' historically poor record off the back of such breaks for internationals, the Englishman will surely have every reason to hope.
-

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea NacBQJQ

The match kicks off at 1500 BST

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:59 am

It's going to be a tough one, but we should get a win here. Warnock isn't as good as Pulis so that should work in our favour.

Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
Fabregas Matic
Willian Oscar Hazard
Costa

Goal for Costa, assist for Fabregas, 1 0 win :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 am

This is one of those tough away matches we must win at any cost if we want to be lifting the title come May, as we found out only too well last season.

Gonna be tough, I have little doubt.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:06 am

Yeah, with the coming games, a win would be very welcome here.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:09 am

If we can come out of the next 4 games with full or almost full points, I'll be feeling very confident indeed.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 am

I agree, and it starts with this game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:57 am

Games like this it should be a given; Luis must start, because clearly Palace is going to park the bus.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:00 am

I considered that but as Jose doesn't like Change, I can see Jose running out Azpilicueta instead.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:02 am

No games are a given, least of all away ones against London rivals.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:05 am

Games against Arsenal are a given :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:11 am

rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 am

José Mourinho handed double fitness boost as Drogba and Ramires return to Chelsea training:
José Mourinho has been handed a boost ahead of his side's London derby against Crystal Palace Saturday after Ramires and Didier Drogba returned to full training
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/405052/Jose-Mourinho-fitness-Didier-Drogba-Ramires-Chelsea

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 am

Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:57 am

Diego Costa set for Chelsea start at Crystal Palace:
Spaniard expected to line up at Selhurst on Saturday despite pre-break fitness worries
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/diego-costa-set-chelsea-start-7943706

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:06 am

Thought I read Drogba for a second Laughing

No surprise for DC19 to start though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 am

If it were Drogba you'd have seen a :facepalm: below the story...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:43 am

It would have been my reply, also.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:24 am

Regardless, Costa starting is obvious.

I think the only debate will be Schurrle vs Willian.

Considering we have CL midweek, I imagine we'll play a stronger team here.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:01 pm

But has Schurrle recovered from the flu hmm
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Chelsea are as close to a flawless team as I've ever seen, says Palace boss Neil Warnock:
Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock says Saturday opponents Chelsea are a team almost without weakness, and could emulate Arsenal's Invincibles this season
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-could-emulate-arsenals-invincibles-4447950

"I think it is a possibility they won't lose all season."

"They have gone seven games and could have won every game. Europe as well. When I look at the Arsenal team that did it many years ago and I think this is as near as you're going to get to a flawless team really. It's pretty solid everywhere but when you get Hazard chasing back and tackling, you're not doing bad are you, really? There's not many weaknesses in the team."

"I was in the media last year and I tipped Chelsea to win then. How they nearly won it without a striker all season, I found incredible. Now he has a top-class striker and midfield player, he must be quietly confident because I thought they would have won it last year with a striker."

"I think in the January window, if he had signed a striker he would probably have won the title last year. this year they have signed at least two quality players and are a little notch above everyone else."

"It has got to be a super-human effort - they have gone seven games and could have won every game."

"I don't think you can [stop Costa]."

"You say Costa but there is Hazard, Oscar - you name it, they are all top class players, Fabregas and the unsung heroes."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock: My idol is Brian Clough but Jose Mourinho is the next best thing:
Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock says José Morinho is second only to Brian Clough
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/11167087/Crystal-Palace-manager-Neil-Warnock-My-idol-is-Brian-Clough-but-Jose-Mourinho-is-the-next-best-thing.html

"I’m looking forward to seeing Jose. He sent me a letter when I got up with Sheffield United which was a nice touch. I first played against Jose when I was at Bramall Lane. We should have had a stonewall penalty that day and Jose knew they got away with murder."

"My idol growing up was Cloughie and Jose is the next best thing. To get players on that sort of money, with those reputations, to run through a brick wall is not easy but Jose gets them to do it. He’s great for his players. He’s turned Eden Hazard into a world-beater."

"Jose’s smooth, good-looking, a multi-millionaire and he’s got fantastic players at his disposal so it’s easy, isn’t it?! He’s made mistakes like I have. We all say things we later think we shouldn’t have. But he’s so good for the game here. He nearly won the league without a striker last year – that’s how good Jose is. He went straight in in the summer, got the players he wanted, Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas. I know Manchester City still have a chance as well but Chelsea were my choice pre-season, and Costa for top scorer."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Chelsea FC ✔️ @chelseafc
Follow
Jose says Diego Costa is a doubt for the game, as are Ramires, Drogba, Mikel and Schurrle. #CFC

hmm

Ramires and Drogs aren't a surprise, Schurrle must still have the flu, not sure what is up with Mikel and I wonder if Costa is being rested?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Premier League - Crystal Palace vs Chelsea SmileyNailbiting
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Mourinho's press conference ahead of tomorrow's game in full.
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next