Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea

+2
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Shed
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:05 am

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea KmJySea

Chelsea will again travel to the Northeast for the second weekend on the trot
to this time take on Newcastle United for Premier League Matchday
15 at St. James' Park on Saturday, December 6ᵗʰ

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea A2t6Fj3

Premier League Matchday 15 sees Chelsea face off against their second Northeast club in a week as they take on Newcastle United at St. James' Park, having squared off against their bitter rivals Sunderland the weekend before.

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea BigImpeccableBrocketdeer

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea UnimportantSereneAndalusianhorse

The corresponding fixture last term ended calamitously for the Blues. In a decidedly flat, lacklustre performance from José Mourinho's men, the home side broke through on 68 minutes through Yoan Gouffran, who finished off Yohan Cabaye's freekick to head his side in front. The goal saw the visitors at last get their act together, and they pushed hard for an equaliser immediately thereafter, but a minute from time were finished off for good, when QPR loanee who would eventually go on to become a Chelsea player himself Loïc Rémy struck to double his side's lead and seal the points for the Tynesiders.

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Facepalm
-
Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Dqt0Lug

Similarly, José Mourinho's record against the Magpies on the road is dismal, by the Portuguese's lofty standards. Indeed, St. James' Park is the only Premier League ground the Special One is yet to taste league victory at, in 4 times of asking. The 2-time Premier League winner will be eager to buck that trend come the weekend, but with the home side well in form — with 6 wins in their last 9 matches in all competitions and just 1 defeat — he'll know better than anyone that a reversal in fortunes will require only the utmost of effort and resolve from his side.

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea EcstaticOblongBison

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea MixedFoolishFairyfly

___
-

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea WildHilariousFinwhale

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea ElegantConcreteAfricanwilddog

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea SlimyShamelessKentrosaurus

The League's midweek round of fixtures saw the duo obtain contrasting results going into Saturday's clash. Newcastle negotiated a 1-all draw against Burnley at Turf Moor when Papiss Cisse's 48th minute goal cancelled out George Boyd's opener to earn the guests a draw, while Chelsea strolled to what can only be considered a now routine win against London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge when a pair of goals from Eden Hazard and Didier Drogba in the space of 3 minutes opened up a comfortable advantage for the hosts 20 minutes in, before a Loïc Rémy strike at the other end in the second half just over 15 minutes from time finished the game off and sewed up 3 points for José Mourinho's men.

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Tumblr_ng11dzovuw1rb91jho1_1280

As a result of that game, however, Chelsea will be made to contend without Nemanja Matić
for the weekend's face-off following their Serb's second-half booking, his 5th of the season.

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea VhQeCiV

Martin Atkinson, who last officiated for Newcastle in their 1-0 home win over Leicester City in October and for Chelsea in their 2-0 derby victory over rivals Arsenal the week before, has been appointed referee for Saturday's affair.
-

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea RE19ln1

The match kicks off at 1245 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:21 am

First loss of the season.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 am

Nailed on.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:02 am

Mou vs Pardiola, the clash of Europe's master tacticians
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:39 pm

fatman123 wrote:Mou vs Pardiola, the clash of Europe's master tacticians

Indeed :bow: :bow: :bow:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Pardew: I’ve been watching Chelsea since I was 12, best team I've ever seen:
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has claimed that the current Chelsea team are the best he has ever seen
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/12/04/ive-been-watching-chelsea-since-i-was-12-best-team-ive-ever-seen-newcastle-boss-alan-pardew/174931/

"I think it's difficult – obviously Arsenal have done it and Chelsea have come pretty close before."

"But not in all competitions – that is impossible and I think Jose has admitted that. But they're making a very good job of it at the moment."

"It's the best Chelsea team that I've ever seen and I've watched them since I was about 12 so I know them pretty well."

"I think Jose is pretty pleased with what he's got."

Chelsea fan Pards Proud
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:02 pm

‘Impossible’ for Chelsea to remain unbeaten in all competitions this season, insists Newcastle boss Alan Pardew:
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes it will be ‘impossible’ for Chelsea to remain unbeaten in all four major competitions this season
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2860813/Chelsea-impossible-remain-unbeaten-competitions-season-says-Alan-Pardew.html

"I think it's difficult - obviously Arsenal have done it and Chelsea have come pretty close before."

"But not in all competitions - that is impossible and I think Jose has admitted that. But they're making a very good job of it at the moment."

"It's the best Chelsea team that I've ever seen and I've watched them since I was about 12 so I know them pretty well. I think Jose is pretty pleased with what he's got."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:08 pm

"Coloccini has been on the training ground but whether he's got enough fitness levels to play a game of this level I don't know."

"I can't really give a clear message. I'm not trying to hide behind anything but we have had recovery time and I can't really give a clear indication of how the players are."

— Pardiola, via the Daily Mail
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aldrin_only Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:33 am

I really hope we can win this game. It would be hard without Matic.
aldrin_only
aldrin_only
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:47 pm

'Everyone raises their game for Chelsea', says José Mourinho ahead of tricky Newcastle trip:
The Portuguese saw his side lose 2-0 at St James' Park last season and believes Alan Pardew's men treat a clash with the Blues different to other fixtures
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everyone-raises-game-chelsea-says-4754581

“It's a difficult stadium, a difficult place to play. There are a few clubs where, clearly, they see the Chelsea shirt and they make it the game of their lives – and when they play other teams they look like like are playing friendlies.”

"Maybe that's because Chelsea is a strong team everybody wants to beat.”
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Mourinho on Matic's absence:

"Diego was also important for us and he didn't play and we didn't want to speak about it. This time, a big player for us is not playing but we trust other people and we forget Matic, who has a little bit of a holiday - a free weekend he deserves very much. He'll be back stronger."
-

— via Sky Sports
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:45 pm

TEAM NEWS
Newcastle - Moussa Sissoko and Jack Colback are both in contention for a return to the starting line-up, having sat out Tuesday's trip to Burnley through suspension. Captain Fabricio Coloccini is back in training and could also bolster the Magpies' ranks, while there is a doubt over Sammy Ameobi, who was withdrawn at Turf Moor. Tim Krul (ankle), Ryan Taylor (knee), Rolando Aarons (hamstring), Siem de Jong (thigh), Gabriel Obertan (thigh), Davide Santon (knee) and Jonas Gutierrez (testicular cancer) are all sidelined.

— via nufc.co.uk
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Apparently Ramires is a doubt as well, which should make the midfield situation tomorrow...interesting...

Mou to start with buttbuddy Mikel, or perhaps a chance (a fat one, to be exact...) for Aké hmm
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea 070XVKu

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm

7:41am Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Pvqfn
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm

And we're off drinking
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Shed wrote:7:41am Premier League - Newcastle United vs Chelsea Pvqfn

Cry me a river brah
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Willy just wide.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 pm

fatman123 wrote:

Cry me a river brah

Eat shit and die, a-hole.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Shed wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Cry me a river brah

Eat shit and die, a-hole.

lol wot
Is that you shed?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes. The new and improved :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Willy just wide again Mad

On top here. Need to get something to show for it while we still are...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Shed wrote:Yes. The new and improved :coffee:

I guess it's not hard to improve on rubbish
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:17 pm

You speak from experience, o wise one.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Courtois Molenation
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next