zigra
sportsczy
Bankz
fatman123
guest_07
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

zidane overrated or not? - Page 3 Empty Re: zidane overrated or not?

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:28 am

that penalty really bugged me....figo whilst a great player in his own right(and one of my fav players) i never understood why he took our penalties, that little pause he'd make before taking spot kicks always bothered me....zidane missed one pk his whole career (where he slipped and fell in the run up against i think china during a friendly), hell i'd have even preferred hierro, carlos, or ronaldo over mr. 'pause before i shoot' figo taking that pk

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:37 am

Zidane's natural playing style brought him into deeper areas of the pitch to retrieve the ball, it was the same at any team he played with. He was never a final-third player like Özil for example, Zidane was a played who would always contribute to the earlier phases of play.

I find it hard to believe that Zidane would be played as a defensive midfielder when the likes of Deschamps and Tacchinardi were playing for Juventus. There were several box-to-box players at the time playing for Lippi, which makes it sound so far-fetched.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:42 am

Valkyrja wrote:Zidane's best season in Madrid was his second. Infact in that year we were the best team by far. Kinda like Barca 10/11. Figo's missed penalty against Juve affects very much the close history of our club.

can't believe they let figo take penalties even after they signed penalty GOAT zidane .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 am

I think Figo became our designated PK taker when he came and Don Vicente didn't wanna upset the fragile man egos. Citation needed though. Tito usually remembers these things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:01 am

Doc wrote:I think Figo became our designated PK taker when he came and Don Vicente didn't wanna upset the fragile man egos. Citation needed though. Tito usually remembers these things.

The penalties were taken either by R9 or Figo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 am

All I'm really getting from this thread is that Zidane was above average for Juve in the mid 90s. It doesn't really tell me anything about his entire career and place within history.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:57 am

@BarrileteCosmico, I doubt you can draw any conclusions or get any answers from this thread (no disrespect) or any other thread for that matter.....you would have to had watch him play and get vested in those emotions....or, invest some time in watching full game recordings, together with reading magazines on what his colleagues and journalists have said about him (not just excerpts but a large body of work)....obviously if u're working and raising a family, this will be difficult to do.....my kid son ripped up my 2004 (i think t'was 04/03) copy of champions magazine, which had a ranking of top European players of the last 50 years (or of all time up till that point)....i felt he was amazing at juve, and was nervous bout meeting em in the final at amsterdam...from what i saw, he was great, especially when davids joined them
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am

Figo was the designated spot-kick taker for madrid. Not R9, not Raul, not zidane. Infact r9 only took 4 pks in 4.5 years in madrid. While figo was also the main fk taker in madrid (the left sided one's) and R.carlos was the one who took the fk from the right hand side and from 30 yards and above.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:30 am

people that don't agree on this review can pretend that all of this review doesn't exist as long that makes you happy

just agree 100% what the current media said

peace

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 am

just a question , so for you Riquelme > Zidane ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 am

Robespierre wrote:just a question , so for you Riquelme > Zidane ?

i think my answer will be label as bias

i assume you know my answer

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am

Unfortunately yes.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 am

1996-97 Serie A [Round 13]
15 December, 1996
Juventus 3-2 Verona
Stadio delle Alpi: 3,846 spectators
Referee: Bonfrisco

Juve comeback to win a thriller in Turin. Remarkably, Juve were down 0-2 at halftime but some magic from Del Piero helped bring the win to Lippi's men. A dive from Vieri won a penalty to equalise, and then Del Piero scored an outstanding solo-goal in the 72' to make it 3-2.

Zidane showed a lot of flash in this match, but not a lot of substance. He distributed the ball well but he was not a part of any of the goals that Juve scored. Zidane was not mentioned in the report, nor was he involved in any of the major events in the match [10 in total].

It seems as if he was moving the ball well, and that is all. No bias or offence intended, but I do not understand how he received his rating from what I have seen.

Match highlights:

RATINGS

Peruzzi [6]; Torricelli [6] - Ferrara [5.5] - Tacchinardi [5.5] - Porrini [6.5]; Lombardo [5] - Zidane [7] - Deschamps [7] - Di Livio [6]; Padovano [5] - Del Piero [7]

Substitutes: Iuliano [6], Pessotto [n/a]

Yellow cards: Del Piero, Deschamps

the source:
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/zinedine-zidane-review-1996-2006.2006080/page-2

http://www.archiviolastampa.it/component/option,com_lastampa/task,search/mod,libera/action,viewer/Itemid,3/page,29/articleid,0672_01_1996_0345_0031_9148910/

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:26 pm

wow riquelme over zidane ; i don't want to disrespect anyone's opinion, i mean if a person saw more of sonny anderson than they did batistuta for example, you're more likely to rate sonny anderson higher.....but that notwithstanding, even riquelme who lauded zidane as the best he'd seen in the last 20 years, took zidane's jersey during his last official madrid game against villareal, would not approve of that statement.....not to mention, for those who bring "consistency" arguments, riquelme wasn't the most consistent dude out there.....i'm waiting to hear aimar, baraja, redondo, mendieta, recoba, rui costa, as all better than zidane as well......and i really liked riquelme's football, but this is a little out of hand....i guess its all a case of different opinions
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:32 pm

titosantill wrote:wow riquelme over zidane ; i don't want to disrespect anyone's opinion, i mean if a person saw more of sonny anderson than they did batistuta for example, you're more likely to rate sonny anderson higher.....but that notwithstanding, even riquelme who lauded zidane as the best he'd seen in the last 20 years, took zidane's jersey during his last official madrid game against villareal, would not approve of that statement.....not to mention, for those who bring "consistency" arguments, riquelme wasn't the most consistent dude out there.....i'm waiting to hear aimar, baraja, redondo, mendieta, recoba, rui costa, as all better than zidane as well......and i really liked riquelme's football, but this is a little out of hand....i guess its all a case of different opinions

i don't simply choose riquelme as my favourite player

before that, i saw almost every star players in 1990's to 2000's either in live or not

and till now, i feel i made the correct decision

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:04 pm

titosantill wrote:wow riquelme over zidane ; i don't want to disrespect anyone's opinion, i mean if a person saw more of sonny anderson than they did batistuta for example, you're more likely to rate sonny anderson higher.....but that notwithstanding, even riquelme who lauded zidane as the best he'd seen in the last 20 years, took zidane's jersey during his last official madrid game against villareal, would not approve of that statement.....not to mention, for those who bring "consistency" arguments, riquelme wasn't the most consistent dude out there.....i'm waiting to hear aimar, baraja, redondo, mendieta, recoba, rui costa, as all better than zidane as well......and i really liked riquelme's football, but this is a little out of hand....i guess its all a case of different opinions

riquelme not consistent????

i think you don't know what is riquelme's main strength

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Y'all need to chill and set some avatars so i know who's who
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Bankz wrote:Figo was the designated spot-kick taker for madrid. Not R9, not Raul, not zidane. Infact r9 only took 4 pks in 4.5 years in madrid. While figo was also the main fk taker in madrid (the left sided one's) and R.carlos was the one who took the fk from the right hand side and from 30 yards and above.

Beckham took 90% of the freekicks after he had been bought.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Y'all need to chill and set some avatars so i know who's who

fully agree xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:55 pm

I only got an avatar because of your post bra
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:32 pm

@titosantill... you're wasting your time. It's the same thing as someone digging up all of Maradona's bad games and then saying that Laudrup was better. You can't argue with this stuff.

Just take solace that one of the few people who actually saw a huge amount of football in the past 30+ years (me) agrees with most of what you say.

I remember that i had to defend Zico's and Platini's greatness in the early 2000s when people rated Baggio and Bergkamp as better... then people started rating every good striker of the moment better than Van Basten. It's just how it is.

Good players are fine and all... but great ones are rare and universally known. Doesn't matter what nonsense people might say... and most importantly, this discussion is beneath you tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm

always wonder if anybody recognize who's on my avatar?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:18 pm

terrance511 wrote:always wonder if anybody recognize who's on my avatar?

Former Real Madrid's number 10 , Makelele's heir , Main man Lassana Diarra.
Hard to believe that he's a freeagent.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Tito and Zigra finally got avatars :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Y'all need to chill and set some avatars so i know who's who
lol just know the guy without the avatar is the guest.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:@titosantill... you're wasting your time. It's the same thing as someone digging up all of Maradona's bad games and then saying that Laudrup was better. You can't argue with this stuff.

Just take solace that one of the few people who actually saw a huge amount of football in the past 30+ years (me) agrees with most of what you say.

I remember that i had to defend Zico's and Platini's greatness in the early 2000s when people rated Baggio and Bergkamp as better... then people started rating every good striker of the moment better than Van Basten. It's just how it is.

Good players are fine and all... but great ones are rare and universally known. Doesn't matter what nonsense people might say... and most importantly, this discussion is beneath you tbh.

unlike that person,i try to bring the review for EVERY zidane matches, that is more fair

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next