No Muntari, Essien, Alex, Abate and MDS
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Genoa vs Milan  Empty Re: Genoa vs Milan

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 am

hoping that van ginkel plays this game...

i dont know why but i think bonaventura is a bit selfish... in front of goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:07 pm

Our fullback crisis continues but at least De Jong is back and Montolivo may make his full return to the starting line-up. Saponara also returns from injury. Mexes and Rami looked solid against Udinese in Alex's absence and will hopefully continue in the same vein of form tonight against a Genoa side that hasn't looked so strong in five years. Our strong recent record against them will mean nothing against a greatly improved team who are playing with a great deal of belief this season and have claimed the important scalp of Juventus already. We're the better team however and if our midfield duo of De Jong and Montolivo prove fit to start we can expect to dominate the middle and provide the ball to our front three in excellent areas. Our fullback situation may prove troublesome in attack however with Bonera reliant on the opposition to stand off him and allow him time if he is to make a contribution on the ball, whilst Armero is still adjusting to the team's movements having had little meaningful time on the pitch. This is a game we should and must win though ahead of crunch clashes with Napoli and Roma. Genoa currently stand two points ahead of us in fourth. If we are to claim that Champions League spot it is time to start putting the smaller sides behind us in the race.

Genoa have a full squad apart from Burdisso and Mandragora.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Agazzi, Diego Lopez, Armero, Bonera, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Bonaventura, De Jong, Montolivo, Poli, Saponara, Van Ginkel, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres

Genoa Squad: Perin, Antonini, De Maio, Izzo, Pinilla, Perotti, Antonelli, Roncaglia, Marchese, Lestienne, Fetfatzidis, Greco, Edenilson, Lamanna, Falque, Matri, Kucka, Prisco, Sturaro, Rosi, Rincon, Bertolacci, Mussis
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Daaaaaaaaaamn i completely forgot that we had Montolivo cheers

Hopefully he starts
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah, I can only re-emphasise that these are the sort of games that top 3 teams win.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:21 pm

I have a feeling Bonaventura will have a big game if he starts
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:26 pm

#ACMilan's XI vs Genoa: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, Armero; Montolivo, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Monty Returns Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 pm

With Napoli having drawn we can move into equal third with a win. Vital that we get a good result to ease the pressure when we face them next.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:#ACMilan's XI vs Genoa: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, Armero; Montolivo, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Alright. Obviously I want Bonera and Mexes gone, but that attack and midfield looks good.

Also, Napoli just drew so we need to take advantage.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Like we ever capitalize on other team's mistakes Genoa vs Milan  1459140577
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Is chat going on? or are we chatting here?

Edit: chat is open
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:33 pm

750/750 tear fully stacked
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:34 pm

pippo's a *bleep* dumbass.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Forza wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:#ACMilan's XI vs Genoa: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, Armero; Montolivo, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy

Alright. Obviously I want Bonera and Mexes gone, but that attack and midfield looks good.

Also, Napoli just drew so we need to take advantage.

for what? milan will not finish in the top 3. at the very best, we will get the last EL slot. but that's doubtful. we lose our next two matches against napoli and roma.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:55 pm

How many away games have we won this season?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Honda out , Pazzini in

Ses out , Niang in

Error 404 : tactics not found

Menez smh

Mexes back to his usual gangster self , risking red card because he can't control himself. Can't describe how lucky he was there , many refs would have sent him off there with a 2nd yellow. Tagliavento was really kind there. He grabs him by the shirt in full mad mode on yelling at his face all kinds of threats , that's at the very least a yellow , end. That theoriticaly kept us into the game , we still proved less than required , even to salvage a draw.

Bonera . He raised his leg to deny a header from a corner , you can't come up with this stuff. Cost us yet again points , Inzaghi still goes with him. FED . UP .

After the goal , no real answer from the team. They never felt insecure against our play , Genoa's pressing and high tempo held back our attacking potential and when not possible , their deep line of defence proved enough , even to get on the counter sometimes . Even when we finally had our chances , Neuer-incarnated-Perin was there to deny us.

The players conceded the first half , Inzaghi lost us the game in the 2nd. Enough said. Not so irritated about the defeat ; Genoa worked very well , pressed even better , had a header from a corner turned to goal and won . Yeah , past that , the game would end 0-0. Not only we couldn't score , but we lost from 1 header , which was 100% on Bonera.

This game reminded me of of last season . Won't say our worst game , because it wasn't . But it was extremely frustrating. It's like any team that has the common sense to pressure us and make our life difficult , will get rewarded . Genoa were very well organised in midfield and defence and took great care to deny us space and options . Congrats to them. But when even Genoa can stop you with good pressing and 1 header , yeah , you don't get CL football like that , i am sorry but no.

Napoli coming up next and then Roma. Most probable scenario is 2 defeats. I don't care so much if we lose the next couple of games , but i expect to see Milan at least having something to show against these teams .

It can't be that any team which puts up a fight against us will always get rewarded. It's like we win only games that suit our counter attacking play. That's it. Any other team who pressed well and tried to deny us space , got rewarded for it.

We simply have to be better than that if we want to reach the CL . With Inzaghi , all i want to say is that his 2nd half subs ended the game half an hour before the final whistle. He really expected Pazzini and Niang to help the team . He introduced our 2 weakest attacking players in an away game that we were losing , against a very well organised defensively Genoa . Not sure how to describe that , better to not say anything.

Inzaghi has his own convictions and that's only fair , i also have the right to call him delusional , if he thinks believing in players such as Pazzini , Niang and Bonera will magically get us into the CL . He's deluded. Time and time again they have showed only incompetence and almost in every single game they are involved we either lose or draw and he had to play them today , in this game , which would lead to us 3rd place . He pretty much had to play Bonera today , but ffs. Whenever he's playing he cost us points , almost in every game. How he lost Antonelli there...
i raged impossibly hard , my head hurt .

-1 today for everyone at Milan today except Montolivo , perhaps except El Shaarawy too . Bonaventura and Menez never looked to play with him today , they looked to score themselves and be the heroes. Honda was mediocre today. Armero tried to help him out , though in vain. No consistency , whatsoever. Serenity , yes. Consistency ?? nope . Long way to go. Maybe i should finally come to terms with the fact that only our main 11 is worth it. We are a 13-14 players team . The rest just can't take it and put down the whole team. Abate-De Sciglio-Alex out , we lose from a single header.

Our depth is still sad to witness , especially in attack , contrary to what the management says. It's just Honda-El Shaarawy and on his day Menez. Torres looks out of place as of now , the other 2 are simply not even worthy to be players of Milan . How many times more they need to fail so they gtfo of Milan , seriously now. What else should happen with Pazzini and Niang . I expect forwards in January , this can't go on. We can't expect 3 forwards to get us through a season . And despite what Inzaghi says , i don't see him having confidence in Torres . 2 games now he didn't play and this one Menez sucked so much. He then decides to play Pazzini instead of Torres , and as if that wasn't enough , he didn't bench Menez , but El Shaarawy.

I still don't know what these 3 were supposed to be playing . Niang didn't even have positional sense , Pazzini the usual pathetic stuff and Menez simply off the game . Too frustrated to even pass correctly . It's not so much that we lost , it's how we lost that troubles me and infuriated me during the game. We could be playing 3 hours and we still wouldn't score.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:05 am

Awful loss.

1. We conceded on a set piece because Bonera decided to attempt use his boot to mark-out Antonelli's head - the Genoa player didn't even need to jump to get to the ball.

2. We didn't keep the ball well at all. There were precious few minutes when we had the ball and knocked it around comfortably.

3. The attack was toothless. SES and Honda received next to no support from Armero and Bonera, respectively. This meant we couldn't use width to get in behind. Consequently, we turned our focus on the much more difficult path of going through the centre. Menez actually managed to burst past Genoa's CB's in the first half, but lacked the quality to finish it off, but you can't readily get through a the middle of a packed defence.

Some serious re-thinking is required for Inzaghi. I think it's well past time we ditched this one-dimensional counter-attacking plan. When we invite pressure onto ourselves, we get roasted.

For Dante: Niang was completely out of sorts. Not sure why Torres was benched all game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:35 am

When you inevitably sack Inzaghi, who do you all want?

Prandelli would be the obvious choice

Spalletti is a scrub who would turn boring losses into entertaining ones

Mancini will be out of a job soon Laughing

I would transfer from my job if the opportunity came up so maybe i'm the odds on fav
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:49 am

Pippo needs to be given a full season to mature.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 am

From the sounds of things, this was probably a good game to miss through fatigue. Regardless of results though, I'm prepared to stand by Inzaghi for the first two years. As a purely hypothetical notion however, excluding high profile coaches I do not believe we could afford or entice, I'd be interested to see Murat Yakin at Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:57 am

Forza wrote:Pippo needs to be given a full season to mature.

There's not even a debate about that . Of course. What happened with Seedorf should never happen again , even if he didn't leave for sporting reasons . Criticism aside , it will take too much to see me ask for his sack. It's not that i don't see positives anyway , i believe in Inzaghi , i just have many complaints .

I don't presume for a moment to know better than Inzaghi , how could i. But there are things in this sport many can tell . When he goes against common sense and things don't work , it's normal that me or anybody calls bs. Because that's what it is , regardless if his position is safe.

He decided to play 3cfs for near 25m near the end , one was Pazzini who plays with crashed confidence , 2nd one Niang is generally out of place and has 1 game in his back and the final one was Menez who simply should have been substituted for Torres . He decided all that , in a game we were losing and against a Genoa side who's probably the best Genoa i've ever seen so far , and he goes with that trio .

Benching El Shaarawy there deleted my last hope for the win. I almost lost it when i saw Pazzini in , when i saw Ses out and especially for Niang , it was the final whistle for me.

In the end , we were even worse and more ineffective in front of goal. I won't say he lacks plan B , because most of that talk is pure bs , but Inzaghi definitely hasn't shown much grinta when things don't go his way. When the game goes his way , you almost can't fault him ; when it doesn't and he has to direct things on the spot... he needs time , like you said.

As for counter attacking . If Inzaghi wants to follow the steps of Ancelotti , he better start taking better notes . Ancelotti may have his plans and tactics for each game , but will consist a team of mixed characteristics to allow other traits of the game to show as well. It is really too soon to say anything , but from what i've seen from Pippo , tacticaly he looks more Capello to me than Ancelotti. Player management he's closer to Ancelotti , but i don't really see the individual freedom that defines Carlo's teams in Inzaghi's Milan.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down