isignedupjusttoseesigs
mr-r34
CBarca
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 11 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kick Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:35 pm

I wouldn't worry yet, Fitty.

I went past a speed camera in NZ doing 60 in a 50 zone, it's been a month and I haven't heard a thing.

I'd wait for the ticket, you may not get it.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:39 am

Kick didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose him.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:48 am

Normal speed in NZ is 50, not 60 like it is here.

I just wasn't paying attention.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 am

Would that be the lack of main roads or paved roads? The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 11 Lulcas11
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:52 am

Laughing

No, just different rules. Max speed limit is 100, too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 am

Max speed limit here is 110 :coffee:

Or are you speaking only of metropolitan areas?

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:19 am

Very interesting idea. The issue would be that the "unfairness" emanates from the law itself and not from the actual effect of the law. To give a simple example of unfairness resulting from the effect of the law: you travel at 60kph through a 60kph zone and get fined for speeding and the fine says you were going 65kph. In this example, there has been a problem with the police equipment and to issue the fine would be unfair if it could be proven that you were not speeding or that the equipment was malfunctioning.

Your query is different because you think the law itself is unfair because other states have more lenient punishments. Unfortunately, whilst I agree that the punishment is harsh, that is an unfairness created by NSW lawmakers and is a political issue, rather than legal "unfairness".

I think that whilst it is irregular for speed cameras to be set to capture cars only 3kph over the speed limit, 63kph  does exceed the speed limit and it will probably be difficult to evade punishment.

My advice may or may not be correct. If 3 months not driving is worth it to you (financially), I would consult a lawyer with some expertise in NSW traffic violations to see if there is a way that you can avoid punishment or if there is a way that this punishment can be reduced.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:39 am

dostoevsky wrote:Max speed limit here is 110 :coffee:

Or are you speaking only of metropolitan areas?

Everywhere.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:40 am

ahahaha fitman thug as *bleep*
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:28 am

Forza wrote:Very interesting idea. The issue would be that the "unfairness" emanates from the law itself and not from the actual effect of the law. To give a simple example of unfairness resulting from the effect of the law: you travel at 60kph through a 60kph zone and get fined for speeding and the fine says you were going 65kph. In this example, there has been a problem with the police equipment and to issue the fine would be unfair if it could be proven that you were not speeding or that the equipment was malfunctioning.

Your query is different because you think the law itself is unfair because other states have more lenient punishments. Unfortunately, whilst I agree that the punishment is harsh, that is an unfairness created by NSW lawmakers and is a political issue, rather than legal "unfairness".

I think that whilst it is irregular for speed cameras to be set to capture cars only 3kph over the speed limit, 63kph  does exceed the speed limit and it will probably be difficult to evade punishment.

My advice may or may not be correct. If 3 months not driving is worth it to you (financially), I would consult a lawyer with some expertise in NSW traffic violations to see if there is a way that you can avoid punishment or if there is a way that this punishment can be reduced.

I figured thats what you were going to say. I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens, if i get fined I'm just going to have to cop it, I cant afford a lawyer. Thank you though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:37 am

I'm pretty sure you can take it to court and ask the judge to give you 1 demerit point for a year, my brother did that no lawyer required, just make sure your excuse is good enough, make shit up about how you need to be able to drive, but make sure it's not complete BS.

Plus are you even sure you got done, i think cars over state your limit by a few k's and if the speed camera didn't flash you might be fine.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:43 am

Scratch that i think the good behavior thing only applies to people with a full license, lets hope you didn't go over.

Alternatively just pay someone to take your fine. Depending on how much cash you have, find someone going overseas for a few months. They'll lose thier license whilst overseas, plus get cash from you, depending how much your willing to pay, or just find a junkee who needs money for drugs, jokes.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:31 am

If I asked my parents to take the fine, would they still cop 8 points because (most likely) the P plate would be viasable in the pic or would they get the normal 2?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:50 am

They'd get the full 8 point's, normally it's only 4.

Yeah i don't know if they actually try verify the driver in the picture though, the p plate might be an issue, depends how desperate you are though.

Future reference the 1 point good behavior thing is an online process, my brother just told me, but again just for full license drivers.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:42 am

Some of the newer mobile speed cameras use infrared flash instead, so you can't see it.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 pm

mr-r34 wrote:They'd get the full 8 point's, normally it's only 4.

Yeah i don't know if they actually try verify the driver in the picture though, the p plate might be an issue, depends how desperate you are though.

Future reference the 1 point good behavior thing is an online process, my brother just told me, but again just for full license drivers.

Might be different to Vic if that's the case, you can do that 1 point good behavior thing on your Ps down here.

EDIT: Damn. Haven't posted in this thread for like 2 years either. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 pm

RA posting in here Shocked
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Red Alert wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:They'd get the full 8 point's, normally it's only 4.

Might be different to Vic if that's the case, you can do that 1 point good behavior thing on your Ps down here.

EDIT: Damn. Haven't posted in this thread for like 2 years either. Laughing

http://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-good-behaviour-suspended-licence

Defo only Full license

Sidenote: why don't you post in this section of the forum RA?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:51 am

Not sure to be honest. Never really scrolled past the Liverpool section, sometimes I post in the general, but yeah, I'm just mostly in the Liverpool one doing my thang as you're well aware of. :p

But 20 threads later I decided to see my little community is going I guess. :coffee:

Seriously though, did not expect this section to explode like this. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:18 am

Not much to say on the American front. Snow has finally come in, which is wonderful because I've been waiting for it since November, and along with it comes the cold weather. Apparently supposed to get to -20 to -30 Fahrenheit with wind chill.

Still, I'm happy for snow. The cold weather is tolerable, and the snow is beautiful. I would hate to live anywhere where there wasn't any snow in the winter.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 am

7pm Tuesday, no fine; the master criminal escapes Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 am

Red Alert wrote:Not sure to be honest. Never really scrolled past the Liverpool section, sometimes I post in the general, but yeah, I'm just mostly in the Liverpool one doing my thang as you're well aware of. :p

But 20 threads later I decided to see my little community is going I guess. :coffee:

Seriously though, did not expect this section to explode like this. Proud

Your section? I run this place brah

Y
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am

fatman123 wrote:7pm Tuesday, no fine; the master criminal escapes Proud

Morifitty Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 pm

FFS, I gotta start sending angry letters to Sydney Police, now.

Fitty escaping. FFS.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:39 am

After this scare I'll never speed again

For a week
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:51 am

Proud

'Atta boy!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next