How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11?

+21
Lupi
M99
Winter is Coming
Dante
sportsczy
Tomwin Lannister
LeBéninois
BarrileteCosmico
Cruijf
Onyx
Ganso
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Valkyrja
Katy Perry
farfan
uzonero
Kick
Jay29
Lord Spencer
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11? Empty How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11?

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 am

Seriously, not only was Luiz a mediocre defender last season, but is also showing himself up as a mediocre defender this season as well. This is of course known next to his horror show performance in the WC.

As for Ineista, well, there is nothing much to say about him last year. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't near his best as well. not as outrageous an inclusion as Luiz, but still undeserved.

Year after year, football awards prove to be increasingly dubious and arbitrary.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11? Empty Re: How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11?

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 am

The World XI is voted on by the players. I can only assume that players don't have as much time to watch other teams play, and therefore will go by highlights they've seen and reputation.

There's also bias.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11? Empty Re: How in the world did Luiz get named in Fifa 11?

Post by Kick Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 am

It's horribly funny. TBH.

Cahill had a better 2014 than him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 am

I'd assume he's there because of how expensive he was.. Most players hardly have time to watch other teams play, so they rated him on his transfer fee from chelsea to PSG
That's my 2 cents tho
Outrageous inclusion that is
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:41 am

here's the thing ... players don't know shit about football Laughing

do you think messi and CR sit a home and watch every single game that is broadcasted like we do ? Laughing

players have the knowledge of an average ,fairweather fan .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Probably Godin and Pepe deserved it more than him and Silva but I wouldn't say it's "outrageous" or at least definitely not as outrageous as Iniesta over Koke.

Chelsea starting CBs last season were Cahill and Terry, but that was only because we needed his presence in midfield. Let's not act like he's shit, there's a reason he's the highest paid defender in history and the starter of two top teams such as PSG and Brazil (inb4 selective memory kicks in and scapegoats him the 7-1 debacle where his whole team, defense, midfield, attack, coach was shit and forgets the 5 matches before when he was a rock and single-handedly qualified Brazil against Chile and Colombia with two crucial goals)
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Katy Perry wrote:Probably Godin and Pepe deserved it more than him and Silva but I wouldn't say it's "outrageous" or at least definitely not as outrageous as Iniesta over Koke.

Chelsea starting CBs last season were Cahill and Terry, but that was only because we needed his presence in midfield. Let's not act like he's shit, there's a reason he's the highest paid defender in history and the starter of two top teams such as PSG and Brazil (inb4 selective memory kicks in and scapegoats him the 7-1 debacle where his whole team, defense, midfield, attack, coach was shit and forgets the 5 matches before when he was a rock and single-handedly qualified Brazil against Chile and Colombia with two crucial goals)

or Modric
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:12 pm

I think Iniesta's inclusion is the weirder one. There weren't many world-class defenders in 2014, but there certainly were many midfielders who deserved to be in the XI before Iniesta.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

farfan wrote:here's the thing ... players don't know shit about football Laughing

do you think messi and CR sit a home and watch every single game that is broadcasted like we do ? Laughing

players have the knowledge of an average ,fairweather fan .

Yup this is made abundantly clear by the ex footballing pundits on TV on a weekly basis.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Isn't it odd though? it's almost beyond comprehension that you start playing a game since age 4, you end up a professional, you see countless of people around you failing to make it through, even talented ones failing to succeed, yet you still lack understanding about the game.

It's baffling really, is it the fact that they don't know how to express their comprehension of football into words? Do they just go for the simple minded and easy to reach conclusions such as "he is a top top top player"?

Maybe it just speaks of the incredible level of egocentrism these guys go through when growing up. Thinking they are special for succeeding and failing to understand the environment around them, and the reason why they actually succeeded.

Luiz has been mediocre in L1 all season long, he is lucky Thiago Silva told Nasser to sign him, he is horrible. Currently ruining the career of young Marquinhos, who has easily been their best defender all season, but forced to sit down. Someone will get a bargain with Marquinhos next summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:15 pm

It's not that footballers don't understand football, its just that they don't watch it imo I can't even imagine some of the top players like Messi or CR sitting down watching a 2 hour football game of Ligue 1 for example.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:17 pm

They should make it clear that it's players that vote. That way everyone knows not to take it seriously.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Yeah, agree with Ganso. With the exception of Luiz, this team would've been spot on a few years ago. Players just don't watch enough to know Iniesta and Silva are nowhere near as good as they used to be.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Ganso wrote:It's not that footballers don't understand football, its just that they don't watch it imo I can't even imagine some of the top players like Messi or CR sitting down watching a 2 hour football game of Ligue 1 for example.

Messi in 2010:" I hate it when they say that players nowadays don't watch football, it's not true. Just the other day we were watching Australia with the team and I noticed how good Cahill is at heading the ball. "

This is from memory by the way, it might have been agüero that said this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Didn't Messi recently say that he doesn't watch much football because it bores his wife ?

It's totally normal that players don't watch as many games as the casual fans. They may understand the game more tho.

Imo Godin was great this year and should have been there instead of DL. At the end of the day people don't really care tbh.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't expect players to watch games tbh, lord knows I wouldn't.

It's the people that are paid to watch football and still look stupid and quite frankly look like they haven't even tried that annoy me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't expect players to watch games tbh, lord knows I wouldn't.

It's the people that are paid to watch football and still look stupid and quite frankly look like they haven't even tried that annoy me.

You mean like Souness in 2012 predicting 3 teams from the same EURO 2012 group would be in the semi finals? rofl

Yeah some of these 'Worlds best' pundits know jack shit and it infuriates me. What I don't care about any more though, is these player awards in a team sport which are always so random and pointless. I stopped caring a long time ago.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Does anyone really take any FIFA award seriously... i mean why would you. It's been a travesty after another.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Football players value success . They don't judge game by game as the rest of us like to do . They also can't watch everything , no matter if they watch much of football or not. They watch football and they do understand better than all of us here , it's funny to think you understand football more than those who make a living out of it , who experience it for much more than 90m you watch 3 times a week , at best. If you meet any proffessional player and say to him you know better , he won't even bother to answer back , he'll laugh it off and leave you be.

When Iniesta and Luiz get in , that's because the majority of football players think their quality is above others , not exactly based on their match to match performance. Above that , they value winners , success. Of course they where others who may have had a better season , but if you're , say Totti and asked to vote Cahill over Thiago Silva , yeah... it's really not a surprise for me , like at all.

There's reputation involved and small alliances , no doubt , but i can see why they vote like that when they do. Personally speaking , it doesn't really bother me , since these awards are mostly for the vitrine , bonuses for the real awards , which are the cups and leagues of football. Footballers count success and lasting and proven quality , that's what they really take into consideration when it comes to vote Cahill or Silva(example).

In any case , who cares .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Dante wrote: They watch football and they do understand better than all of us here , it's funny to think you understand football more than those who make a living out of it , who experience it for much more than 90m you watch 3 times a week , at best. If you meet any proffessional player and say to him you know better , he won't even bother to answer back , he'll laugh it off and leave you be.

that's not true at all .
some outsiders do understand football better than most football players .

there is  a reason Arrigo Sacchi is remembered as a legend in the game  but some other players can't even get a job coaching U-13 teams .

and players don't value success, the only reason names like pique , alves, luiz etc.... keep popping up in these sort of lists is because most players can't even  name more than the number of fingers they have on one hand in "relevant" players .

Robben didn't even know who Benatia was before last summer ffs .

i'm supposed to take his picks seriously ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Of course not. And yes , i was wrong to generalise . There are indeed many clueless players . But really? Most do know better than their audience , i shouldn't have to analyse on this. Exceptions ? sure. Enough exceptions to make a point to the contrary? Sure . I still refuse to believe we understand football better than the best footballers outhere .

Does that have anything to do on how and why they voted the ones they did? No. Not that much anyway , that was my point. And i still disagree , players value success , too much really.With that being said , i do not discard your argument . I agree , it's just a part of it though , certainly not enough reason to say players don't value success.. Coaches do too.

But again , i don't agree with Luiz there , Iniesta e.t.c . Just saying what i think why most players would vote like that , doesn't have to do so much with exactly these very players.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:40 pm

I doubt every football fan on here or elsewhere watches every league consistently either.

If you want definite results, there would have to be analysts who literally watch every game, simply to watch players in a conscientious manner, in order to determine who should be nominated for x award.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:02 pm

You dont have to watch every match from every league to know how Luiz and Iniesta have done this season. By the 1-7 result alone Luiz shouldn't even have gotten a vote, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the football world should have watched both WC semis. The only logical explanation in defense of the player's football knowledge is that maybe it's as much as a popularity contest as the Balon d'or, only difference is that the players are the ones voting.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:14 pm

The world when they found this out

https://vine.co/v/ODi502Aq1ng
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Imo David Luiz fully deserves to be in the World XI. Convincing a club to pay 50 million for you despite being a shitty shite shit was very impressive.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next