sportsczy
51 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 21 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 am

This is Erica Garner, used to be a Clinton supporter & switched now

Bamberg, Lawyer of Walter Scott Family switches to bernie from Clinton

"We live in the greatest country on earth…we put man on the moon, don’t tell me that we cannot provide Americans the right, the right to health care because that right is a matter of life and death for many Americans," Bamberg said. He added Sanders was also capable of accomplishing free higher education and creating a change in the political system.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/justin-bamberg-endorses-bernie-sanders-218184#ixzz3zw8ZfJge

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 am

http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

New York Times articles -
 Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote

ust weeks before the critical New Hampshire primary, Clinton proved his toughness by flying back to Arkansas to oversee the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, a mentally impaired black man who had so little conception of what was about to happen to him that he asked for the dessert from his last meal to be saved for him for later. After the execution, Clinton remarked, “I can be nicked a lot, but no one can say I’m soft on crime.”

Bill Clinton presided over the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history. He supported the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity for crack versus powder cocaine, which produced staggering racial injustice in sentencing and boosted funding for drug-law enforcement.

Clinton championed the idea of a federal “three strikes” law in his 1994 State of the Union address and, months later, signed a $30 billion crime bill that created dozens of new federal capital crimes, mandated life sentences for some three-time offenders, and authorized more than $16 billion for state prison grants and the expansion of police forces. The legislation was hailed by mainstream-media outlets as a victory for the Democrats, who “were able to wrest the crime issue from the Republicans and make it their own.”

When Clinton left office in 2001, the United States had the highest rate of incarceration in the world. Human Rights Watch reported that in seven states, African Americans constituted 80 to 90 percent of all drug offenders sent to prison, even though they were no more likely than whites to use or sell illegal drugs. Prison admissions for drug offenses reached a level in 2000 for African Americans more than 26 times the level in 1983. All of the presidents since 1980 have contributed to mass incarceration, but as Equal Justice Initiative founder Bryan Stevenson recently observed, “President Clinton’s tenure was the worst.”

In her support for the 1994 crime bill, for example, she used racially coded rhetoric to cast black children as animals. “They are not just gangs of kids anymore,” she said. “They are often the kinds of kids that are called ‘super-predators.’ No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.”

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Civil rights legend John Lewis on Bernie Sanders during the civil rights movement Friday:

Laughing Laughing

Talk about ending any chance he had to get anything in the south. John Lewis is a god down here, and rightfully so.

http://breakingbrown.com/2016/02/mlk-jr-s-close-friend-to-rep-john-lewis-it-doesnt-matter-if-you-never-saw-bernie-sanders/

MLK Jr's Close Friend to Rep. John Lewis - It does not matter if you never saw Bernie Sanders

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:47 pm

McLewis wrote:Of course he has a plan for healthcare, that's low hanging fruit.

What's his plan for making college tuition free? For reeling in the big banks? For reforming the broken justice system? Fixing the immigration system?

That first one is especially outlandish given the state of the college admissions and financial aid system in this country.

As far as I heard this is what he said, I maybe wrong check -

Criminal Justice -
1 - Legalize Marijuana preventing people from getting a police record for petty offenses destroying their lives
2 - Against Private Prisons (probably could ban them)
3 - If a police official commits a crime, he will hold that person accountable
4 - De Militarize the police by making them more involved with the community, frequent police-community interaction
4 - Is open to body cameras on Police

Immigration -
Would legalize the 11 M undocumented people & give them citizenship

Banks -
1 - Wall Street Speculation tax for funding College
2 - Re-introduce Glass Steagel(FDR era legislation) for separating Commerical, Investment Banking & Insurance
3 - Compile a list of Banks which if failed could destroy the economy & break them. This is very common, anti-monopoly law & used to be done few decades back many times

3 Weeks of Leaves per year -
1 - Currently US does not have. So he proposes to introduce the same, Maternity leaves for the mother & comprehensive coverage of all leaves. Paid for by 1.61$ per week by a payroll tax.

This is also a great proposal. It is a disgrace what the leave system is, specially NO Maternity leave.
I think College 1 would be easy

IMO College would be the easiest & least expensive & very easy to pay.

Healthcare would need overhaul of the entire health industry & would drive huge pharma, drug & insurance companies making Billions in profit out of business & as Healthcare would be given to people without profit.

Can you imagine the backlash? Would not be easy to implement!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:19 pm

She was losing a small portion of the black vote before the CBC endorsed her yesterday. I expect that trend to reverse, strongly, in the coming days once that endorsement video/information spreads across the south.

The facts are those voices, especially from the likes of John Lewis, an African American hero, will pull the people together around hillary. She is a known quantity, and I remember correctly it was black leadership in the 90's who were some of the main supporters of bill's effort to get tough against super predators. The gang problem was insane at that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:21 pm

It is solely exists on there being a complete political revolution, and that won't happen.

Agreed. The election of Obama is a revolution in itself considering the demographic. Then, he did some pretty unorthodox stuff as well. No body is expecting a revolution, not even something like Arab Spring. However, Sanders can reinforce some of the things Obama pursued and initiate some more. I guess that's how the real change can take place.

I wish I had some time to follow the preliminaries.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 pm

iftikhar wrote:
It is solely exists on there being a complete political revolution, and that won't happen.

Agreed. The election of Obama is a revolution in itself considering the demographic. Then, he did some pretty unorthodox stuff as well. No body is expecting a revolution, not even something like Arab Spring. However, Sanders can reinforce some of the things Obama pursued and initiate some more. I guess that's how the real change can take place.

I wish I had some time to follow the preliminaries.

If we are going to continue obama's policies, then HillDawg is the obvious choice since she is campaigning on that. She will also be supported by her Party.

The thing that isn't really mentioned a lot is the fact that Sanders isn't even a democrat. He is using the democrat party to be elected for president because we don't have a true party on the national scale outside of those two. He ran against democrat candidates, and beat them in many cases. Superdelegates remember this.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Don't really care to follow up on Obama's policies tbh

Clinton has done a very good job of turning him into some sort of Democratic ideal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:55 pm

CBarca wrote:Don't really care to follow up on Obama's policies tbh

Clinton has done a very good job of turning him into some sort of Democratic ideal.

He kind of is an Ideal for the DEMOCRATIC party.
US Presidential Race - Page 21 Ca9GvJUWcAA0sNS

Did all of this while dealing with a hostile government trying to slow him down at every stop, a psychopath GOP "grassroots" TeaBagger movement, and while dealing with people absolutely terrified by the economy . He has been probably the best president we have had in over half a century.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Obama was a mediocre president for various reasons, I would not like to discuss it now. But for democrat presidents he will go down as one of the biggest dissapointments

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/2/12/1484385/-Bernie-Surges-12-Clinton-Falls-11-in-Reuters-LV-Tracking-Poll-Sanders-Gains-13-With-Af-Ams

New Reuters Poll -
Sanders Gains 12% Nationally
Clinton looses 11% Nationally
Total Swing - 20%
Clinton leads Sanders by 8%

African Americans
Sanders Gains 13%
Clinton Looses 11%
Total Swings - 24%
Clinton leads 21%

Reuters has been one of the most pro-Clinton polling agencies. When people were showing Clinton ahead by 10-15%, they gave a margin of 30% odd.

They are showing 8% now while other polls show 2%, 6% etc nationally

And to be sure, Reuters is not the best pollster by any measure. Reuters’ “likely democratic primary voter” screen excludes all self-identified independents, even though self identified independents made up about 24% of the electorate in the 2008 primaries. Even in a state with ultra-closed primaries like New York, exit polls say that self-identified Independents made up 12% of the electorate (with another 1% self-identified Republicans).

For that reason, the “likely democratic primary voter” screen tends to underestimate Sanders’ support — because he does well with Independents.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/2/12/1484069/-DNC-and-DWS-Go-All-In-On-Corruption-Obama-Ban-on-Federal-Lobbyist-Contributions-Rolled-Back

With Hillary Clinton's candidacy sinking, DNC & Hillary's stooge Debbie, who was campaign chair of Hillary in 2008 overturned the ban of lobbyists funding Campaigns. She is expected to get huge money from lobbyists now. Obama banned this - highly unethical

Related news -

When Sanders asks his supporters to chip in a few bucks, they respond with enthusiasm. As a result, his campaign is setting ever-higher benchmarks for online fundraising: $6 million in the 24 hours after his New Hampshire victory, $3 million after his narrow loss in Iowa, $2 million on Sept. 30, the final day of the fall fundraising quarter.

When he asks his audiences if they know his average contribution, they shout back in unison: $27. That’s one-hundredth the legal maximum of $2,700, the more typical size of checks to presidential candidates, including Clinton.

“I’m going to hold a fundraiser right here, right now, across America,” Sanders said in his victory speech Tuesday in New Hampshire, which was carried live on many cable news networks. He urged those listening to go to his website and donate for his campaign’s coming battles in Nevada, South Carolina and beyond.

“So, there it is, that’s our fundraiser,” Sanders said. “Pretty quick.”

The resulting flood of donations slowed his campaign website to a crawl and made up a surge greater than anything ActBlue, his online fundraising processor, had ever experienced. At one point, ActBlue was handling 2,689 contributions per minute, blowing away the 12-year-old nonprofit organization’s previous record of 781.

Last year’s fundraising reports show that Sanders raised 72 percent of his campaign money from people who gave $200 or less, while for Clinton those donors accounted for just 16 percent of her funds.

Sanders has already broken the record for highest individual contributions in USA history. If he wins it will be legendary - The closest thing to FDR
http://globalnews.ca/news/2514079/bernie-sanders-online-fundraising-gives-hillary-clinton-a-run-for-her-money/

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:06 am

Tbf I don't really think you're wrong with any of that Betty, it's simply that I'm just not in line with the same sort of thinking.

I should point out that I do think overall Obama has been a decent, if not good president, however.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 am

footyfan01 wrote:http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/2/12/1484069/-DNC-and-DWS-Go-All-In-On-Corruption-Obama-Ban-on-Federal-Lobbyist-Contributions-Rolled-Back

With Hillary Clinton's candidacy sinking, DNC & Hillary's stooge Debbie, who was campaign chair of Hillary in 2008 overturned the ban of lobbyists funding Campaigns. She is expected to get huge money from lobbyists now. Obama banned this - highly unethical

Related news -

When Sanders asks his supporters to chip in a few bucks, they respond with enthusiasm. As a result, his campaign is setting ever-higher benchmarks for online fundraising: $6 million in the 24 hours after his New Hampshire victory, $3 million after his narrow loss in Iowa, $2 million on Sept. 30, the final day of the fall fundraising quarter.

When he asks his audiences if they know his average contribution, they shout back in unison: $27. That’s one-hundredth the legal maximum of $2,700, the more typical size of checks to presidential candidates, including Clinton.

“I’m going to hold a fundraiser right here, right now, across America,” Sanders said in his victory speech Tuesday in New Hampshire, which was carried live on many cable news networks. He urged those listening to go to his website and donate for his campaign’s coming battles in Nevada, South Carolina and beyond.

The resulting flood of donations slowed his campaign website to a crawl and made up a surge greater than anything ActBlue, his online fundraising processor, had ever experienced. At one point, ActBlue was handling 2,689 contributions per minute, blowing away the 12-year-old nonprofit organization’s previous record of 781.

Last year’s fundraising reports show that Sanders raised 72 percent of his campaign money from people who gave $200 or less, while for Clinton those donors accounted for just 16 percent of her funds.

Sanders has already broken the record for highest individual contributions in USA history. If he wins it will be legendary - The closest thing to FDR
http://globalnews.ca/news/2514079/bernie-sanders-online-fundraising-gives-hillary-clinton-a-run-for-her-money/

We will see how true those gains are when south carolina comes around.

Your last sentence plays a big role in what I view as the sanders appeal. If you like FDR, or what he stood for, then naturally Bernie is your man. I think for those of us that are democrats, but absolutely hate/hated FDR, the appeal seems to fall. My Grandfather has lived through Nixon,three terms of Bush, and two terms of reagan and he tells me nobody comes close to how awful FDR was, and I must say History agrees with him. Not really the "Progressive" we ever need to see again on a national scale.

CBarca wrote:Tbf I don't really think you're wrong with any of that Betty, it's simply that I'm just not in line with the same sort of thinking.

I should point out that I do think overall Obama has been a decent, if not good president, however.

I understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/2/12/1484069/-DNC-and-DWS-Go-All-In-On-Corruption-Obama-Ban-on-Federal-Lobbyist-Contributions-Rolled-Back

Related news -

We will see how true those gains are when south carolina comes around.

Your last sentence plays a big role in what I view as the sanders appeal. If you like FDR, or what he stood for, then naturally Bernie is your man. I think for those of us that are democrats, but absolutely hate/hated FDR, the appeal seems to fall. My Grandfather has lived through Nixon,three terms of Bush, and two terms of reagan and he tells me nobody comes close to how awful FDR was, and I must say History agrees with him. Not really the "Progressive" we ever need to see again on a national scale.

CBarca wrote:Tbf I don't really think you're wrong with any of that Betty, it's simply that I'm just not in line with the same sort of thinking.

I understand.

No dis-respect to your grand-father, but FDR was one of the greatest President in the last 100 years globally. His foreign policy was amazing too, but I would not go into that.

FDR's policy helped create a field of Macro-economics we know today, merged Keynesian economics in Government and every economy today follows it and it took USA out of the great depression. The USA would probably never have been a world power without FDR & Classical Economics would have destroyed the economy.

His work is truly fascinating, The Democrat-Republican switch and everything. No President in the history of this earth has shaped public policy, economics in a hugely positive way as FDR.

People can disagree how successful he actually was but comparison to Nixon, Bush & Reagan or calling worst is like saying a human being has 4 hands - ridiculous.

Your grandfather either IMO has some serious faults in the way he rates or is likely very biased - no dis-respect to your grandfather, an elderly person.

Last edited by footyfan01 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:27 pm

BTW one has to be 20-25 at 1930 to understand what FDR was doing (if they can & I don't think most people can), but I doubt your grandpa is 110-115 now.

I rate FDR above Abraham Lincoln for the effect he had & I rate Lincoln very VERY highly.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 pm

No offense taken. Its all about perspectives  Smile   He was definitely good for his demographic, but if you were not that, then he wasn't for you.

My grandfather certainly wasn't an adult under FDR(he turns 83 this year), but he was definitely in a position to understand when this week in 1942 EO 9066 was put into action by FDR, and he was forced to miss half his school day to deliver papers with his brother to try to keep the family house before they lost it all anyway when they were sent to Manzanar. My grandmother had it even worse to where they sent her family. He is obviously biased, but he is also a lifelong democrat who doesn't go for that FDR talk. That isn't to take away from what FDR accomplished. His new deal did what it had to for who he wanted, and I can imagine a family being really happy when they took my grandfather's family house.FDR's leadership was truly a godsend for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:28 am

https://i.imgur.com/kRPSkkv.png
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 am

So who's the most likely candidate to be the next president? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:07 am

Hillary by far
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:27 pm

rofl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35594007
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 pm

Watch this

And then this

The second video was uploaded two weeks ago and has over a million views Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 am

I went to the rally Sanders had in my city(Atlanta) this week with my sister. She has completely bought into the "Revolution", and I can see her getting our parents to vote for him too. Despite not being a fan of her intervention in taking out Colonel Gadaffi, Hillary just seems to speak more to me.

I got weird anti-China vibes from Sander's spiel about Kissinger opening up China during that last debate too. Cant really have that in a place where the majority of the people seeing me walk down the street automatically assume I am chinese.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Sanders today at MSNBC debate, he is inspirational - hear him speak - You can always feel the passion.

Really bad questions from the moderators, You criticized X, you will be like Chavez & Venezuela, there are lines in Denmark or Germany healthcare system or somewhere else I think?

Trump would have walked out by now, thought Sanders was fantastic

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:I went to the rally Sanders had in my city(Atlanta) this week with my sister. She has completely bought into the "Revolution", and I can see her getting our parents to vote for him too. Despite not being a fan of her intervention in taking out Colonel Gadaffi, Hillary just seems to speak more to me.

I got weird anti-China vibes from Sander's spiel about Kissinger opening up China during that last debate too. Cant really have that in a place where the majority of the people seeing me walk down the street automatically assume I am chinese.

Kissinger was a horrible person though - He was a war criminal, killed so many people for NO NEED. Hillary should be ashamed of being associated with that person. This guy was a disgrace to humanity.

Kissinger killed many people of East & South Asian descent in around Cambodia n stuff, he helped nations bomb the shit out of each other.When time came he switched & helped in the Chinese which severely impacted the US negatively.

BTW I am happy to hear your sister is feeling the bern, Georgia will be a Hillary win though.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Paraphrasing - (Amazing - Do Check out)

Hey guys, apparently the guy is Joe Sacco, who said, "There is talk of you giving assurances to Big Banks & Wall Street & you've received 100's of 1000 of $. Isn't it fair to fair for you to assure the voters & release the transcripts".

Hillary - "Yadda Yadda Yadda".

This guy, follow up - "I was a huge fan of Bill & you 10 years back & it broke my heart when you said you are against gay marriage in 2007. How can we trust you that this is not a political rhetoric? Please just release the transcipts for the audience to see"

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Hillary is a neocon, wasn't surprised when she said that.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next