+3
The BoyWonder
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
7 posters

Go down

Run,Roma,Run Empty Run,Roma,Run

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:02 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/15/2575220/run-roma-run-fitness-fanatic-luis-enrique-to-combine

Goal.com with a good article ... I'm shocked... Razz

I guess we'll be seeing plenty of Perrotta and Taddei this coming season...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Run,Roma,Run Empty Re: Run,Roma,Run

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Decent article, didn't really teach us anything new. We know that Enrique is very demanding, both physically and mentally. For that reason, we know players like Perrotta will be vital, while players like Menez would struggle.

One thing i worry about is the evident difference in styles between La Liga and Serie A. In Serie A, lower-league teams tend to sit back and play on the counter, in contrast to a more offensive-minded La Liga. Overloading the attack against the likes of Cesena could end up being suicidal since they could cover up and make one quick but deadly counter. If we could adapt to play a more patient game as well, then I think we'll be good to go.

PS- Wasn't it DiBenedetto who said "Rome wasn't built in a day", not Enrique?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:48 pm

No,I think it was Enrique who said it or maybe they both did Razz
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:07 am

i am not sure either, but one thing both said was that the project ''will take time''...i like these words, because this shows the owner is not like the ones of Manchester City and Chelsea who expects instant succes. You can't buy instant succes in football, ask Man C, and CHelsea. So i am glad this mindset that the new people have.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 am

you guys are lucky dogs... i really do believe that serie a needs to change...though i am a rossoneri still i love totti and de rossi...de beneditto has taken the right step by hiring enrique... in my country (Bangladesh)no one wants to watch serie a coz they think it's too boring... hope that Roma can change the trend Smile

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm

All the secrets of Luis Enrique and his staff: a team built to win

It's been less than a week that, under the technical point of view, the new Roma has been beginning to form, which next month will take the field to start the 2011-2012 season. A new Roma, composed by some young giallorossi on which the leadership has decided to focus, not to mention the great historical leaders of the team: Totti, De Rossi and Perrotta.

It was June 20th when Luis Enrique and his team officially joined AS Roma, while his words are more recent, as he was presented two days ago along with the future president of the club: "I am a coach who likes to attack and impress the fans. It's important that they come to the stadium, we will be playing very attractive football, we will enter every game with the desire to win," Words make you dream of a team who always strive for the summit. Whoever has had the opportunity to speak with him describes the Asturian coach as a man with great charisma, with very clear ideas but also with the necessary open-mindedness of one who is taking on new project for all. He was very fascinated by Totti, who he met some time ago as an opponent, when he trod on the pitch as a player. He knows that Totti is Roma, and wants to start from there to lay the foundations for his future in the capital: to propose a new game, an offensive style, without even forgetting the value and characteristics of the players at his disposal, including precisely Totti and the rest of the team.

Little is known about Luis Enrique and even less is known of the other members of his staff. Through this article, Vocegiallorossa.it seeks to draw a profile of each of them.

Run,Roma,Run Fs_2011-07-14T144113Z_01_ASB513_RTRIDSP_2_SOCCER

LUIS ENRIQUE - His full name is Luis Enrique Martinez Garcia, was born in Gijon on May 8th, 1970 and it was in Gijon where he made his first steps in professional football, scoring 14 goals in La Liga at just twenty years of age. His scoring rate was what caught Real Madrid's eye, the team he joined for 5 years. During that period, he also gained a spot with the Spanish National team, with whom he won several awards and disputed great international tournaments. In one of these, during the World Cup USA 1994, he received an elbow in the face by Mauro Tassotti, punished only later due to television evidence. In 1996, he moved to Barcelona and was eventually named their captain. During his Catalan experience, he gained great acclaim, combined with important trophies: two Spanish titles, two Copa del Rey, one Cup Winners' Cups and one European Supercup. His career in the Blaugrana ranks ended 2004, with his farewell to football. From that moment began Luis Enrique second life in professional sports, through passion and the desire to challenge himself with important practical sports: triathlon, surfing and marathon. In 2008 he became coach of Barcelona B, with which he achieved great results; in just three seasons, he brought the team from the corresponding Italian Lega Pro to the Serie A, in which, however, the club will not participate due to the presence of the first team.

Run,Roma,Run DA2DA47CC708D2260BE72A_Large

IVAN DE LA PENA - Born on May 6, 1976 in Santander, Spain. A familiar face to Italian football, having played for Lazio during the 1998-1999 and 2001-2002 seasons before joining Espanyol where, in 2011, he hung up his boots. He also played for Barcelona and Marseille. He will serve as Enrique's technical assistant with Roma.

MORENO GOLZALEZ ROBERT- The youngest man in the history of Catalonia to receive a coaching license, at just 24 years of age. Born in Barcelona on September 10, 1977. He collects a significant experience in his native town, holding a technical role with the team. During his career, he has been responsible for youth development and scouting, while with Roma he will be Luis Enrique's assistant coach.

ANTONIO LLORENTE - Born in Valladolid, he is the oldest of Enrique's collaborators, as he was born on November 27, 1963. He has a past in professional sports: e was a basketball player for Real Madrid from 1982 to 2002. Today he deals with the mental aspect of squads; he will in fact be the club's mental coach.

POL CABANELLAS RAFAEL - The new athletic trainer is the youngest of the group at only 24 years of age. He was born in Campanet, Majorca, on January 13th, 1987 and was a sport researcher in a joint project between the Universities of Barcelona, ​​Vienna and Cologne. His past experience includes time at Barcelona and Poblense, where he took care of their youth sector and "Alievi Nazionali".

This is the composition of Roma's new staff and will evaluate, shape and support the team involved in future competitions with a twofold aim: to win while entertaining the fans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cabanellas is only 24? wtf?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:36 pm

A few videos of the players training...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Wow, this guy doesn't f*** around.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 am

The Fonz wrote:A few videos of the players training...

WOOOOW, I cant wait for our first friendly game xDDDDD
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:55 am

ErPupone wrote:Decent article, didn't really teach us anything new. We know that Enrique is very demanding, both physically and mentally. For that reason, we know players like Perrotta will be vital, while players like Menez would struggle.

One thing i worry about is the evident difference in styles between La Liga and Serie A. In Serie A, lower-league teams tend to sit back and play on the counter, in contrast to a more offensive-minded La Liga. Overloading the attack against the likes of Cesena could end up being suicidal since they could cover up and make one quick but deadly counter. If we could adapt to play a more patient game as well, then I think we'll be good to go.

PS- Wasn't it DiBenedetto who said "Rome wasn't built in a day", not Enrique?

Pretty sure DiBenedetto said it albino
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 am

Great to see. The players looked a bit confused in that first video, but as Perrotta said, it's at a stage of curiosity now so that's natural.

This is great stuff though....I'm expecting to come out fast and furious and hit the ground running on Matchday 1.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Just put together three articles from Corriere Dello Sport, of course talking about Enrique's rules and methods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The revolution has begun, and already has its boss, Luis Enrique. The Asturian technician has brought in entirely new training methods, a sign that things are really changing. You only need to look at him for one moment to understand that it isn't joke. Body in better shape than that of the players, sunglasses on his face constantly and actively participates in training, calling each by name. None of his colleagues remain on the sidelines, each performs their tasks.

Ten minutes of athletic work and then switch tactics. "You must never throw the ball away," said the Spaniard, who always wants the pitch to be wet in order to accustom the players to playing fast, direct football, similar to Barcelona. In the intervals between exercises, Luis Enrique always gathers his players and explains what needs to be improved. The enthusiasm is sky high and encouragement to the players does not stop for a moment, sometimes even in Spanish. At the end, a play by Totti for Pizarro exalts him, as exclamed, "How wonderful."

A camera placed in the press tribune will record Roma's daily workouts. This was requested by Luis Enrique who will then show the video to his players each time before entering the pitch to show them what to improve. Yesterday afternoon, just before the afternoon session, they spent half an hour to watch the morning workout in the press room borrowed for the occasion. This ritual will be repeated for each session until the technician is fully satisfied by the work done by his players.

Diet and etiquette are amongst the rules imposed by Luis Enrique. All together at the dinner table, always, and nobody gets up until all have finished. No flexible hours: dinner is at nine o'clock, the diet remains unchanged and all eat the same thing.

Even during times of relaxation, the technician never encloses himself in his room, he always moves around the hotel in some way. The amount of fans who followed the team in their ritiro greatly impressed him and he does not want to disappoint anybody.

Summing up, the young technician seems to have all it takes to put together a competitive team. Time will definitely be neccessary, but if you could judge a day by its morning, we could expect some pleasant surprises.

- Corriere Dello Sport
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: