Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament

3 posters

Go down

Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament Empty Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:05 pm

GIbraltar may not be the world beaters in football with their senior team, but the Gibraltar U16 team managed to win a Uefa development tournament.

This victory was a somewhat odd one, though and will probably serve as a reminder for life for the opposing Macedonian side who scored their own supposedly winning goal in injury time and started to excessively celebrate this in their own half together with their subs and staff.

The Gibraltar kids decided that all was not lost yet as a match is only over when the referee whistles. Thus they kicked off the game after the goal, in the process scoring against the still celebrating Macedonians. As all of them were in their own half, the 1:1 equalizer was ruled legal and thus Gibraltar won the tournament on goal difference.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/02/gibraltar-u16s-macedonia-goal-celebrations
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament Empty Re: Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament

Post by neuro11 Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:27 pm

i can see, international break took a toll on you :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament Empty Re: Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Oh God I was watching this live, after all I'm Macedonian Smile. This is what corruption brings you and selecting football players because their dads are wealthy while the talented end up as waiters, bartenders or not called up. (This is for all NT's u16/u21/senior)

We scored and celebrated for 2-3 minutes lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 am

rwo power wrote:@Devi
Well, I'm sure that will serve as a lesson for life for the kids - a match lasts 90+x minutes and not until you score what you perceive the last goal in the match. XD
doubt an under 16 yr old kid would learn anything from it... they will at best cry few mins until their  parents buy them chocolates and new  boots eco smile

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Emerging Superpower Gibraltar wins U16 Youth Tournament Empty Okay, this belongs to the Gibraltar thread, will nbe merged again

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:29 am

rwo power wrote:@Devi
Well, I'm sure that will serve as a lesson for life for the kids - a match lasts 90+x minutes and not until you score what you perceive the last goal in the match. XD
That's not the problem here, the problem is we lack organization, the league leader is chosen by the party in power (even thou they'll never admit it its public secret), corruption is everywhere, children/seniors play because their fathers are wealthy. We have no training facilities. FFS last year in the match against Serbia away they gave the players raw eggs and bread telling them we don't have anything else. Our NT doesn't travel with airplane or train they travel with buses.

The quality players left our NT, players like Pandev, Popov, Babunski they all quit. Babunski was axed from senior team because he spoke in public about these problems and he was sent back to u21 selection. I mean *bleep* David Babunski a player who plays in Barcelona B and is excellent ever time he plays for us, he is the thing that looks most similar to what a professional football player and future star needs to look like. His brother is not even called up even thou he plays for R.Madrid B.

Everything is controlled by money and politics in Macedonia, everything from jobs to sport. Nt is and will be shit until you can buy your son a place in the first 11 team. Let me not start on the match fixing witch is public secret and obvious.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:27 pm

That's very sad to read. I guess before you sort out such stuff, you will have quite some problems to set up a working national setup in Macedonia.

-----------
BTW, Itook out the off topic about Silent Holidays and Dancing ban and moved it here: http://www.goallegacy.net/t37538-weird-german-traditions-dancing-ban-on-silent-holidays
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum